Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Arlesely Athletic Vs Tokyngton Manor 1/10/08

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
doog , speak for yourself, some people enjoy rhodes contributions.

And by implication you simply come on here to revel in Rhodes baiting other people. Whatever floats your boat.

It's a free country (!) and some have clearly demonstrated that by not bothering to contribute on here to any great degree. And yes, others will say that is a good thing. Again personal opinion and I respect that.

Arlesey Athletic are exceptionally poor this season, does anyone know the reason why apart from lacking fitness:

1 3 Arlesey Athletic v Tokyngton Manor

Attendance 22

Home: A.Furness

Away: T.Maynard D.Owen(2)

From what i have seen so far this season, they are the poorest team bar Brache Sparta, but atleast they can score goals.

They were pretty organised over the park, but jus lacked any sort of final ball, and after 60 minute sthey were huffing and puffing like crazy.

Originally Posted By: Wader
and some have clearly demonstrated that by not bothering to contribute on here to any great degree

By cutting off their nose to spite their face in other words

Hi everyone, i have been looking at this site for a couple of weeks now, as night security it helps pass the time,some very interesting subjects.I follow no club in particular, but living in west london I watch a few local teams when i can.My last game was a thriller that Toyngton Manor should have won, but lost 3-4 to Amersham,that pitch at the Avenue will take its toll in the winter months on unfit sides, as the slope is quite steep.

I have also watched Sport London E Benfica a couple of times, a good attacking side, but forget you have to defend as well,but have got better since when they were in the Middlesex County League.Hanwell Town are a little unpredictable, but a steady side and as for Kingsbury London Tigers, they have a good side, but lets see how their players react in the cold winter months.

Going to watch Hanwell Town V Welwyn Gardens City on Saturday, should be a good game.

Head Shortie - What a refreshing post, I must have just missed you when you made it at 04.26. You sound a bit like Lato who lives in West London and his first port of call is normally Hanwell Town/Sport London e Benfica, AFC Hayes or obviously Tokyngton Manor although he claims to no longer hold an affinity for the Club, he was also at the Amersham Town thriller.

I don't know whether you were at the Sport London e Benfica v Hertford Town game in the SSML Challenge Trophy but I was very impressed by them that night, had they not tried to walk the ball into the net at every opportunity they would have surely won comfortably in normal time. You should see a good game tomorrow, Welwyn Garden City's Manager occasionally posts on here and he is my Manager of the season so far for turning things around 360 degrees at Herns Lane.

HTFCew - I thought that the childish QOTM had passed it's sell by date, anyway I see you have broken your silence, why not swallow your pride and come back to post regularly.

Originally Posted By: Spidermanor

Oh and where I end up tonight is where I'll be and thats all you need to know

Spidermanor - Here is a comprehensive report on the game you attended on Wednesday night, it sounded like your trek over to Harrow Borough paid dividends:

http://www.hendonfc.net/reports/0809/dulwich01.shtml

Incidentally did you pick up a copy of the London Paper last night, it had pictures of Danny Shittu, Ashley Young, Darius Henderson and Marlon King saying how they were sold off without any suitable replacements being brought in hence Watford's precarious position of one point above the relegation zone. Elton John is quoted as saying he is 'deeply dismayed' about what is happening at Vicarage Road and he fears that they could be 'facing a catastrophe', Elton's words not mine. How do you feel about your Club's current plight, if they don't beat Preston tomorrow it will be a disaster.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Welwyn Garden City's Manager occasionally posts on here and he is my Manager of the season so far for turning things around 360 degrees at Herns Lane.

That must be a candidate for QOTM!

Does that mean he's got them going round in circles, or after s lot of running around they're still heading in the same direction?

Just to prove the point Welwyn Garden City supremo Paul Tompkins is all over the Welwyn Times like a rash today saying what an amazing transformation he has made recently at Herns Lane, apparently they were robbed of all three points at Cockfosters last week:

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/content/whtimes/sport/default.aspx

I saw that Kentish Town had barred you from their home matches at Copthall. If you can find a market cart returning to the sticks, why don't you hitch a ride and come to Ye Olde Biggleswade Town tomorrow to have your picture taken with The Vase trophy. The Hector would like a glimpse of it surely? Fiver to get in.

I'm a bit debilitated at the moment so won't be pressing any flesh I'm afraid. You'll have to buy your own teas and I know the programme won't be anywhere near your standards, but at least you won't be physically mugged grin

I saw that Kentish Town had barred you from their home matches at Copthall.

Really, that's certainly news to me, Clement won't be too impressed when he finds out.

Just to prove the point Welwyn Garden City supremo Paul Tompkins is all over the Welwyn Times like a rash today saying what an amazing transformation he has made recently at Herns Lane, apparently they were robbed of all three points at Cockfosters last week:

"We are all disappointed we have conceded three goals, but also happy that we have scored three, so a draw was a fair result I feel," said the former Harpenden Town boss

Thank you Paul - Rhodes - What a load of lobbocks!! (Again)

I saw that Kentish Town had barred you from their home matches at Copthall. If you can find a market cart returning to the sticks, why don't you hitch a ride and come to Ye Olde Biggleswade Town tomorrow to have your picture taken with The Vase trophy. The Hector would like a glimpse of it surely? Fiver to get in.

I'm a bit debilitated at the moment so won't be pressing any flesh I'm afraid. You'll have to buy your own teas and I know the programme won't be anywhere near your standards, but at least you won't be physically mugged grin

But if you go, stay away from the Brussel Sprout tandoori and the Turnip Surprise!