Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v's Redbridge

Enfield United

When we were losing, sorry let me re-phrase that, when we were getting slautered and taken to the cleaners and showing the most inept of abilities in footballing history (yep we were worse than Spurs) the players and management needed to be supported and encouraged.

Now that we have a winning run going the players and management need all fans (if they can) to be attending the home matches and applauding them onto the pitch just for the warm up showing them that the turnaround has a sense of excitement. Plus I think that its a celebration home game for the lot of us in it being our first home game since the official council announcement regarding the QE Stadium.

So now that the goings good and the future is positive (nearly said bright and orange) lets get down to the Town game and roar the boys on to another win.

My early verdict in what will be a tough game is 3-1 Town.

Redbridge are coming off a Home loss to Tilbury (3-1) where they led early.

Reading the Tilbury account it appears that Redbridge were particularly susceptible down the left hand side.

Shades of ETFC last season where Redbridge have won 4 of their 5 Away games.

Going for a Town win but not much in it...1-0.

2-2 in the end and in all respects a fair result between 2 equal teams.

I thought Redbridge were over physical (well dirty) and our boys stood there ground well. They were lucky by putting D. Allen out of the game in the first half with a shocking challenge and J.Setvenson should not have risen to the Redbridge bait by their number 10 who should have been sent off 10-15 mins earlier for giving Rudi a slap in the face.

That unfortunately allowed gaps in our defence and Campbells mis-judgement was a huge blow for their second goal.

But credit to Town and with the backing of the Supporters together showed a never say die attitude and Ironically the shaky defenders turned out to be ruthless in the opponents box and that includes our keepers overhead effort to set up our equaliser.

We cant win every game as much as we'd like but this in the end was a winning point. Well done Stew and Mike, the substitutions worked a treat and your judgements were spot on after the second goal was let in, the team showed spirit in abundance.

Roll on Saturday

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
2-2 in the end and in all respects a fair result between 2 equal teams.
I thought Redbridge were over physical (well dirty) and our boys stood there ground well. They were lucky by putting D. Allen out of the game in the first half with a shocking challenge and J.Setvenson should not have risen to the Redbridge bait by their number 10 who should have been sent off 10-15 mins earlier for giving Rudi a slap in the face.

If that match had been discussed on Match of the Day I expect Redbridge would have been described as "Tough and Uncompromising" -
My view was that Redbridge were determined to be totally over the top on the physical side, foul consistantly, moan at every decision for or against them and generally intimidate all the officials.
The cries of "well done - great tackle" from their Management Team on the bench every time they committed a foul was disgusting, but showed where they were coming from.
There was certainly no sportsmanship from Redbridge.
Just ask Disco who now has a reported double break to his foot - which the Ref failed to even see.
Just ask Jon Stevo who got "sucked into" a stupid situation and was repeatedly punched on the ground.
As for the Officials - they let Redbridge intimidate them and the Referee had no control at all throughout the game - there was very little "football" played by either side due to his constant whistle.

As they say - it takes two to tango and I am sure Town Players were not whiter than white - but the overall attitude of the Redbridge Management and Players was extremely "aggressive" throughout the evening - play, half time and end of game.

On the good side - from Town's point of view - we would have lost that game 4 - 0 a few weeks ago. The never say die attitude was good to see in the 2 goal fightback.( poor word to use in the circumstances ! )

Thought we battled really well! I think Redbridge done their homework on us really. We had Michael Deane and Mitch Hahn out wide who were our outlets of which Redbridge did not let either of them in to the game.

Management were correct to take them both off and go with a solid 4 central midfielders and battle our way through. Well they were obviously correct as we brought it back to 2-2.

Well done Town. Lets hope we can respond to last night and go and get a nice win against Great Wakering on Saturday.

Not too good, on the whole! I can't remember which was the last game I reported on, but we are 15th (of 19) and have played more games than most other teams. P12, W3, D1, L8. GD -4.

We lost 2-1 at home on Saturday to Grimsby Borough, but should have got at least a point. As usual it was mad moments at the back plus poor finishing that cost us dear. However, we beat the same team 5-0 at home in the League Cup on Tuesday!

Previously we lost 5-2 at home to Askern Villa, 1-0 away to Hemsworth, 2-1 away to Barton, but beat Glasshoughton 4-0 at home. A 201 home defeat to Emley followed a 2-0 away win at Rossington.

The ground is coming on, there are now nearly 70 seats (ex-Scunthorpe) installed, with another 70 to go in. Hardstanding to the other three sides is to be laid and improvements to the existing terrace are under way .