Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

harry & jeff may be interested in this...

as they have so much interest in the safe guarding of football clubs...frown

http://www.freemyfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=328&p=6817#p6817

seems as though they were right...they have never played hx before......grin

Name & Registered Office:

EBBSFLEET FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

5 PAT BASSANT ROW, SWANSCOMBE

DARTFORD

KENT

DA10 0ER

Company No. 05722299

Date of Incorporation: 27/02/2006

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

oh look here's another one...

Name & Registered Office:

EBBSFLEET UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

FLEET LEISURE & SPORTS CLUB

NELSON ROAD

NORTHFLEET, GRAVESEND

KENT

DA11 7EE

Company No. 00412018

Date of Incorporation: 03/06/1946

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

and two more before then....grin

now where were we harry and jeff? ..ah yes...you were talking about original clubs...grin

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1468583/1.html

Unc, I hate to smash a good conspiracy theory but to the best of my knowledge (which might not be very much I admit), I imagine Ebbsfleet FC are the Sunday League side for whom Richard C of these very forums played for.

Their original moniker as Ebbsfleet FC meant that GNFC had to add the United when we changed names.

As I say, I won't put the lid on your conspiracy theory just yet in case I'm a clueless f***wit and completely wrong, but my hammer is poised over the last nail... grin

Ebbsfleet FC were in existance before Ebbsfleet United FC and I believe played out of The Elephants Head in the Gravesham Sunday League

A quick google finds the following

Formerly Greenhithe Utd, a reshuffle of players and staff combined with relegation from Division 4 saw the club change its name to Ebbsfleet FC in 2002.

Ebbsfleet showed great bouncebackability and were promoted in 2004, finishing in 3rd place playing good attractive football.

Last season Relegation from division 3 was avoided having added to the squad during the summer and finisishing 4th bottom. A squad made up of youth and experience narrowly lost out on a win on the 2nd May in the Presidents Cup Final, but has nevertheless gained runners up honours and further promotion up the North Kent pyramid.

Flourishing from sponsorship by The Elephants Head, the club has a 6 man committee and is looking positively forwards

Originally Posted By: Riverview Supporter
Ebbsfleet FC were in existance before Ebbsfleet United FC and I believe played out of The Elephants Head in the Gravesham Sunday League

A quick google finds the following

Formerly Greenhithe Utd, a reshuffle of players and staff combined with relegation from Division 4 saw the club change its name to Ebbsfleet FC in 2002.

Ebbsfleet showed great bouncebackability and were promoted in 2004, finishing in 3rd place playing good attractive football.

Last season Relegation from division 3 was avoided having added to the squad during the summer and finisishing 4th bottom. A squad made up of youth and experience narrowly lost out on a win on the 2nd May in the Presidents Cup Final, but has nevertheless gained runners up honours and further promotion up the North Kent pyramid.

Flourishing from sponsorship by The Elephants Head, the club has a 6 man committee and is looking positively forwards

just goes to show tho' RS doesn't it....just goes to show...grin

Originally Posted By: Jeff
It seems that we may have as many football clubs as you would like.

All of them legitimately run as well.

well that could be somewhat subjective jeffrey old boy as a 60k a month loss can only be legitimate if its funded by underwritten guarantees of some substance...

could that be the society board do you think?....grin

Originally Posted By: Stu M
Unc, I hate to smash a good conspiracy theory but to the best of my knowledge (which might not be very much I admit), I imagine Ebbsfleet FC are the Sunday League side for whom Richard C of these very forums played for.

Their original moniker as Ebbsfleet FC meant that GNFC had to add the United when we changed names.

As I say, I won't put the lid on your conspiracy theory just yet in case I'm a clueless f***wit and completely wrong, but my hammer is poised over the last nail... grin

read the thread stu and it all becomes clearer...smile

Originally Posted By: Gordon T
Just out of interest, why is hornchurch shortened to Hx? I could understand say halifax as it begins with an H and ends with an x, but I have never understood why people may refer to hornchurch as hx...

the old red buses had little room on their front and back wind up/down scrolls kev for the name of a town like hornchurch...so it was abbreviated to h (obviously for hornchurch) and x... the sign of the ancient cartographers siting for churches....