Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ENFIELD TOWN v Brentwood Town

waggamick

This is a hard one to predict as we dont know if its gonna be the ETFC Jackall or Hyde.

It makes it more exciting for us as unpredictability creates a fascination. Brentwood have Sherwin Stanley in the team now signed from 1893, he is a quality striker and to be honest would have been a great partner for Ellis in my opinion.

I predict an adrenaline pumped Town team to take there chances this week and to ride a little luck too with blood and guts added to the performance too. 2-1 the Town.

Bad news is I have'nt seen a home win for our lot for 1 year 1 month and am unfortunately going to be present for this game.

Should I wee in four corners of the pitch to remove the curse?

Answers please!!!

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Jethro Tull.....Golders Green.....1977.....

Three things that made my youth hell! evil

My brother playing that poxy album, 1977 the wetest summer I can remember as a kid & as for Golders Green, well it had a London post code.....enough said!

Yeah but we had a heatwave in 1976 that made us as dry as the Sahara. And that was our last summer. As for excitement? I felt witnessing the top of the table clash away to Weymouth in the mid 80's when we were being taunted by our hosts at being 2-0 down at half time and carl richards sent off.

We managed to come back to a 2-2 draw, Dave Flint was world class and Steve King a wizard. Plus they had a fella sent off in the second half and we should have won. We had about 150 fans there for a midweek game.

Sorry guys just going down memory lane, and yes in contemporary times lets all get down to the ground today and see if we are upto the challenge of the league leaders.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
.....Yeah but we had a heatwave in 1976.....

Remember that well too, summer holiday in Chichester Sussex, all the rivers dried up everywhere you went, playing out in the fields from dawn till dusk, 30 a side football & cricket matches oh yeah & Sarah Dawson! Yep that was a great summer!!!

2-2 for those that weren't there. Probably a fair result, but a very good battling performance, and we might have won, as we had some decent chances. Harvey and Remy got the goals (Remy's being a superb overhead kick that hit the bar, and bounced over the line). Certainly cause for optimism as far as I'm concerned.

I thought we were shaky at times suffering defendititis again. Brentwood had 3 very good chances and hit the bar in the first 20-25 mins, whereas we had campbells tame side footed effort straight at the keeper and a quite comical opening goal where the ball was sliced more times than a medium sized loaf by both teams in the Brentwood area til it fell to Harvey who could have but did'nt miss from point blank distance.

Brentwoods two goals were from poor defending from us. Brentwood did not create the opportunities as I think we gave them their opportunities. We need a dominating, organising Centre Half, while Stephenson serves his ban (I've seen murderers get lighter sentences) and feel that we need a better shielding of our back four from the midfielders. Ellis also needs a partner of quality, Sherwin Stanley Debuted for Brentwood and would have been a very good signing for us a perfect match for Ellis. Sherwin was a class act today and finished well for Brentwoods second equaliser.

Saying all that, there was not a huge gap between us and the leafue leaders which is encouraging we just need to tighten up ship as the goals are flowing at the mo.

I agree, it was a fair result, great game, exciting end to end which was refereed very well. The man in black was in total control, played advantage well and stood for no nonsence from both sides, notably the silly Brentwood sub who was booked for slating the Linesman while warming up, good stuff.