Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ENFIELD TOWN v Brentwood Town

waggamick

Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
Well, obviously not there, but given that they are top and we are 15th, had an appalling start but seem to be turning it round slowly but steadily, I'd say that was a good result, well done to players, coaching staff, officials and supporters!

Keep it up everyone.

I agree with you, but a few good results compared with the faulty start we had is indeed very welcome.

HOWEVER!!!! Good results can also cover up cracks in the armour, these cracks have to be clearly dentified accepted and resolved if we have the desire to sneak into a play off spot, cos the cracks will begin to get wider as the season goes on and all hopes will be dashed.

The key to improve is to have a continuos improvement program not a content one.

Originally Posted By: russ
sneak into the play offs it was only 2 weeks ago you were talking about a relegation battle

russ

The standad of footy is not tht great and the teams we are up against are not that strong either, it's just we have got ourselves into a disastrous position with the wrong fella in charge at the start of the season and a team playing with 10 men each week with the inclusion of subuteo Rio in midfield.

IF we had the results of the past 6 league matches at the begginning we'd be talking of champions not play off.

But if we remained with the original management system we would have been in a rlegation figh, no doubt.

We are't the finished article yet by a long way. We still need 3-4 goals to win a game, but once that defence is tightened with both the right personnel and some planned defensive drills in training I would expect us to be going upwards rather than downwards, play offs are still reality as we have over 25 games still to play.

But Russ, be honest, are the 1893 wheels coming off a bit? results suggest they are and the loss of Sherwin is a mammouth one.

Originally Posted By: Abu Dhabi
Without Jon Stevenson kickstarting our season we would still be there too!

Really? So nothing to do with Dave Walton giving us real presence between the sticks? The emergence of Gaz Dauti as a box to box midfielder to replace Rio? The retention of a settled side?

Remember we have just taken a deserved point off the league leaders without Stevenson. I suspect we might be just a bit better than we think we are.

FJ-Theres a danger of thinking we are better than we think we are. It's better to think we need to play with guts and organisation with the hope we have enough technical ability.

We were fortunate to get the point v's Redbridge (with Stephenson for 35mins) and Brentwood could have gone dead against us if they were not so wateful in the first 20-25mins.

We still have cracks we must not be fooled.

Does anyone know much about this guy from Cheshunt Matt Keogh, was he a regular first teamer? I hope we are not signing players from opponents sub bench's.

EU yes i have to agree with you there the results have been poor will we win the league ..... no i cant see it and as for losing stanley a great loss for us but good luck to him but we shall keep trying what are we now 7th in the league bit different from last year im beginning to miss our home games only played 2 games at home in the league so far so southend manor away saturday then hopefully a few home games to come but il still be there win lose or draw.

russ

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
FJ-Theres a danger of thinking we are better than we think we are. It's better to think we need to play with guts and organisation with the hope we have enough technical ability.

We were fortunate to get the point v's Redbridge (with Stephenson for 35mins) and Brentwood could have gone dead against us if they were not so wateful in the first 20-25mins.

We still have cracks we must not be fooled.

Does anyone know much about this guy from Cheshunt Matt Keogh, was he a regular first teamer? I hope we are not signing players from opponents sub bench's.

Or ex Brimmo players?