Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Under 18s - The Future's bright!

Duke of York

It looks like we are gonna have some youngsters knocking on the door soon, sounds good.

To build on the youngsters theme the U16's have an interesting game v's Dagenham and Redbridge on Sunday at the Downs kick off 2pm. The U16's would be top if they win there games in hand, they've already had one player play for the reserves this season and he was outstanding and scored a goal.

yes your right there will be lots of people wanting his job but are they as good as him remember mike has good qualifications and asks for no money for his coaching. I have a coach at my little girls team who gets 25 pounds an hour and his rubbish. Lets try and talk him into staying not tell him his easaly replaced.

Don't mis-understand me I'm not saying he is easily replaced and no of course I would not want MS to leave as continuity is the best way forward.

However if he wants to leave and he currently gets no money, who can stop him? However if he is happy in his current role then he'll continue.

As for your girls coach, you should sack him, and pay for somebody your happy with, a good coach teaching kids is an educational curve as well as a priceless skill for the future of footy, as what the youngsters learn in their youth they will pass on in their adult knowledge.

I think wise one you are over-dramatising. Leave it to the Board to look out for Mike. Right now I know he is still feeling under the weather after being ill (from probably doing too much). Coaching three teams U18's, Reserves and First team is verging on superman stuff. Let's see how the Board can take one of those teams off his shoulders so he can recover his health a bit. Mike is too good to lose. In my view too many teams must effect his quality of life!

Look sorry if I blow the whistle on D and G calling Mike but as he has not admitted to it when asked today by fans this shows to me that he is giving it thought as I know he has been called. I want Mike to stay as I am a big fan of his and fill by flagging this up I might provoke people at the club to make his efforts fill more appreciated.

Yes I totally agree about he is doing to much so come on board help him out.

• 2 weeks later...

Gents

It seems that the future is bright, with the crop of young players that have represented the club over the last couple of seasons,at youth, reserve & 1st team levels.

But with the current trend of signing new players every week ,(and then releasing them, after they have fallen short from the standards required). it will not be E.T.F.C. that will benefit from the hard work that mike smee and co,have put in to nurture the natural talent that these young players have.

Saturday saw Broxbourne benefit from a classy volly goal, chested down and smashed into the corner of the net by Max Mitchell. Dan Odamo has been a regular for Broxbourne this season,this saturday also saw Fred Dooling make his debut .it only needs luke marshall to play for them , to re-unite the 4 players that played in the countys f.a. cup semi last season for Middlesex. how long will it be before Billy Healy & co also make the short trip up the A10

Yes, good points.

However, the future is only bright if these Lads are retained by Town.

If ( yes, only if ) Mike Smee does go will he be calling these future stars and giving them first team football.

If it is not him it won't take others long to work it out.

With 55 registered Players and only 14 max playing, unrest may soon creep in ( if it has not already )

The future is bright, so let us not see these guys leave.

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Yes, good points.
However, the future is only bright if these Lads are retained by Town.If ( yes, only if ) Mike Smee does go will he be calling these future stars and giving them first team football.

If it is not him it won't take others long to work it out.

With 55 registered Players and only 14 max playing, unrest may soon creep in ( if it has not already )

The future is bright, so let us not see these guys leave.

Freddie Dooling SIGNS for Broxbourne.

Question - Is this a permanent move or a loan ?

Has the exodus of our Youth Team started already ?

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
Weather permitting, the youngsters should be given a chance v's Wingate on Tuesday, I'm up for that idea, maybe even pitch in the young defenders thats the area needing most attention.

Normally I'd agree with you about playing the youngsters for this evenings game. But I'm hoping that tonight the manager picks what will basically be his team for Saturday, especially the forward line.