Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bedford FC manager resigns

Had the following from the Bedford FC manager .....

"I have today resigned as manager of bedford fc... I sadly was unable to keep the squad together over the last 6 months much to my frustration. Thank you for pulling the bedford shirt on for me and good luck to the club and you all as individuals... "

Very sad, 'McMullen' is a diamond but he won't be out of football for long that's for sure.

His effort and enthusiasm is second to none and next club to secure his services will certainly be better off, the guy truly is a slave to the game.

It's shame that he's left as the club has real potential but with all the local clubs (Biggleswade Town & United, Ampthill, Cranfield, St Neots, Bedford Town res) in and around the same level it proved very difficult to keep the best players from last year and add to it again this and with no budget there's only so far you can go with kids and mates!

Originally Posted By: Barney Rubble
He did try hard, and it was a great effort.

I was told by a source close to the club that he felt he had to go as they were lining up a replacement behind his back. Rumours are that Geoff O'Vell has been lined up.

That's the Hoddy manager right?

I'd be very surprised if this were true, like I said with no budget and all of the better players in the area playing at the other local paying/prestige clubs unless there was a cash injection there would be no appeal for Geoff O'Vell to take over.

Originally Posted By: Barney Rubble
I was told by a source close to the club that he felt he had to go as they were lining up a replacement behind his back. Rumours are that Geoff O'Vell has been lined up.

You jumped onto the wrong thread Barney Rubble ? I know for a FACT that isn't true so god knows who you have been talking too !