Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jonesey is back!!!

townerboy

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Originally Posted By: Enfield United
Well guy's, one thing for sure is Jonesy is a proven player at this level both in ability and effectiveness, So far Rudi and Gaz are first choices, but both will be kep on there toes knowing that we have Jonesy itching to play.

I think Jonesy cleared off when A Lee was installing his style and skills on team management.

He also needs to accept our better (but not great) current disciplinary record for this season.

Otherwise welcome back, quality is always wanted so long as he knuckles down roles up his sleaves and maybe bring a couple of able Leyton defenders with him too.

EU Please don't use the words roll up sleeves and knuckles in the same sentence where Jonesy is concerned. Ta

Yes please don't panic Jonesy is back.

I'm just trying to remember when he waited to roll his sleeves up to use his knuckles? I'm sorry I just can't think of an occasion, someone help me out on this one! it is just to tough!

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
With my goal scoring record I can't believe I have not been on the bench

Dad we agreed remember, what goes on tour, stays on tour! Gill might be reading this!

Now stop boasting & go & get your sequins on ready for the gala, & dont forget your nose clip!

Im off to beat the course record!

Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
Well, I hope a long and meaningful discussion took place regarding discipline! We really don't want to slip back to our old ways.

9 minutes TIM, 9 minutes, before he got a yellow card, not sure how long the meaningful discussion was.

Personally I was gutted, I had 15 mins in the sweepstake!! evil

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Somone tell me.
Just what contribution did he make to the team yesterday ?

First of all I will state again I was not at the ETU game, however, I hope I can put a point across about OT's comment here that is not too uncommon from others on our forum.

This was Jonesy's first game back since he left under the guidance of the A LEE era, while SM was on Holiday or when he was allowing AL to take control of the coaching.

And already your asking 'what contribution did he make?'

I read this as a comment that you think Jonesy was not very evident or contributed little.

Don't you think he deserves 4-5 games at the most to get back into the groove with the many new additions to the squad since he left.

Now my view is no player needs to be jumped on in such a way but again I think Jonesy is big enough to take any warranted or unwarranted flack, however I Apologise if I have mis read the tone of this comment.

No you did not mis-read anything.

What contribution did Andy make - that is, over and above the players that he replaced ?( Apart from the long throw noticed by Gazza )

Forget giving him 4 or 5 games ( bearing in mind he is banned for 3 games from next Saturday )so, just what was the point.

He is signed ( after previous problems - alledgedly )comes straight into the side and now cant play a league game until the 6th December.

So, just what was the point ?

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
I think the point was, SM trying to select the best 11 available to him on the day. Who would you have had ahead of him and why?

Easy.
From the 55 players signed on I would have picked a left back and played Dauti in the midfield where he would have been much more effective than Jones.

Dauti and Hall have been good as a pair in midfield - why change it.

Andy Jones has ONE GAME and is now out for 3 league games from next Saturday due to suspension.

Where is the consistant selection policy in that ?

I thought he had a reasonable game and he is not the midfielder that I would drop.

I also thought his booking was harsh and he got it on reputation. Around a minute later one of the ETU players did a similar think in around the same area and did not even merit a talking to.

ETU were a good side and for most of the game I thought we were not outplayed. They deserved their win but we were not disgraced. We will play worse this season and win.

BTW why one striker?

Jonesy was selected cos SM thought he had the best available playes to try and get a result, like Steph said, 'If' we did no one would question his selection.

But which other left back would you have played, David' booking' bastian has not been the player of the season he was last season playing at Left back, maybe moving him up to left midfield could benefit us, he is tenacious, quick and does score a few goals.