Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Welwyn Garden City 1 - Chalfont St Peter 1

Fielding at least 10 players that had either followed Del Deanus from Leyton or played for him at Edgware Town the new boys at Welwyn got off to a good start with a battling performance against a strong Chalfont side who, although currently in mid table have games in hand on those above them following their goods runs in the various cup competitions.

The Citizens had to wait until the 85th minute to take a share of the points, Mark Blackburn's superb strike cancelling out the Saints 50th minute goal.

Rob Blackburne in the home goal was called upon to make some excellent saves to keep the Citizens in the game and the midfield marshalling of Junior Lewis kept the visitors at bay for the first half.

It was a free kick 20 yards out that unfortunately took a deflection and bounced up over Blackburne that put the visitors ahead 5 minutes from the restart.

With his twin brother Stuart sidelined after sustaining a head injury, it was left to

More importantly was Bilbo and Paul Gregory in attendance at Herns Lane, I'll wager they weren't at Waltham Abbey where Leyton were playing.

Rhodent, perhaps you should read the below, it is a reply that Steve Newing sent to Numpty when he went on the Isthmian forum with his usual inane rambling about Steve and Del as well as offering to fight all of us and get himself barred from Kingsbury, another club he professed to love earlier in the season.

Gav, please do try and for once to STOP and THINK.

As usual you find it impossible not to have a pop at me, but actually this is all about DEL and no one else.

You slagging off the ambition of players and supporters is so way off the mark that you couldn

Interesting to Andy Pilides playing, he turned out for me a couple of times last season. Good young defender who will progress further up the pyramid.

Bilbo - You're missing the point, I was merely curious to see whether you would be dropping Leyton like a brick and following Del and Steve to Welwyn Garden City like the sheep on Gavin's Blog, I really think that picture said everything about your mentality. Steve's above post to Gavin sets his stall out and it's clearly made from the heart, his surprise arrival at Herns Lane to link up with Del will add a lot of interest to the SSML and they have already hit the ground running.

Barney Rubble - Long time no speak, are you still with Cheshunt. That's interesting as I don't believe there is any money at Welwyn Garden City, it's refreshing that a player would turn down a three fgure weekly sum in order to go there which says a lot about Del and Steve and how highly they are regarded.

Sorry, I confused you with Officer Dibble. Yes I'm not taking anything away from Del and Steve, they will be a great addtion to the SSML and I will follow their progress with interest.

The Welwyn & Hatfield Times are very complimentary about the performance on Saturday, you have to take your hat off to Del and Steve:

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/content/whtimes/sport/default.aspx

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/content/whtimes/sport/default.aspx

Craig Tomkins, pictured, came up through the youth team at Edgware Town. Where he scored some spectacular goals.

After turning 18 he played in a number of first team games for the Wares.

Craig also featured in the FA Sunday Cup playing for St Andrews who played at the White Lion. He came on as a late sub and promptly scored 3 goal in the space of 10 minutes winning the game for St Andrews.

Barney Rubble - I think that must be one of the funniest posts anyone has made since the SSML Forum came into being in July 2006. So I take it Bilbo is part of this so called 'Magic Circle' and he was at Herns Lane on Saturday, I know he wasn't at Waltham Abbey watching Leyton.