Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Blue's V Urchins Results

Firstly well done, and thank you to all those who worked on the pitch to get the game played yesterday; when I was trying to find a road that wasn't shut on my way to work in the morning I feared the worst!

Another performance that showed the rewards for hard work - we seem to have taken a leaf out of Man Utd's book at the moment with three one-nils in succession against Premier div oppo. It's clear that our attacking players are now tracking back in a way that wasn't happening before Christmas, particularly Fergie and Wareham. I also thought Dumas had his best game for us last night, a couple of times they got in behind Cole and Duncan but he read the danger and got in to cover.

A bit rusty in attack, but both BWG and Billy did well and Flackie looked hungry when he came on which is good to see. There were occasions when all 3 were guilty of hanging on to the ball too long in the last 20 minutes when we could have had a 2nd goal but with the ageing AFC Hornchurch team looking somewhat tired I wasn't overly concerned that they were going to take us to extra time.

As simon said very hard working effort by the lads. A second goal i fell would have killed the urchins off but none-the less the defence stood firm. I agree that Dumas played really well, but BIG DUNC !! Storming performance at the back (imo). Sooner (hopefully than later) the strikers will start putting more chances away, but was also impreseed with the tracking back. Bradders goal came off the back of some (not very good) distribution from their keeper, but Fergies cross was pin point.

Into the next round, and errr Dover ! Will they have half an eye on other matters perhaps...who knows, but well done to the lads. Clean sheets means you dont lose games, and we are starting to get a few !

Another pleasing result for us. Clean sheets are the key to this improved form and we are working hard from front to back.

Games with the Urchins are always going to be competitive and this was no exception. I thought we just had that little bit of extra quality all over the pitch and that was the difference on the night. An attractive looking 1/4 final at home to Dover to look forward to. I believe we can win that game.

Well done lads, let's keep it up.

i felt that you were the better side first half but we were better second half with long periods of pressure but not too many clean chances although tucker came out fast to deny kris lee early in the 2nd half.you had a few chances second half but these were mainly because we were commiting many forward trying for the equaliser.If we had got it i would of fancied us to go on and in the game either in extra time or unlikely full time

Yeah, would agree UM that you had more posession second half, but then in theory you had to chase the game. As for your new keeper, felt a little sorry for him. Poor distribution resulted in us scoring, and again in second half when our Bradders tried a speculative lob from (i have to say) a poor drop kick. You could see the confidence ebbing away from him.

I thought the first half performance was one of the best for a while.

The second half was merely completing the job, which was done with relative ease.

As stated by Keith.P, Lynvall was immense and I also thought Ashley and Billy played more than their part.

I thought Tim Cole's distribution is quite often poor and Lynvall got him out of a hole on more than one occasion.

Having said that, you can't complain about a clean sheet, so I guess his inclusion is justified.

Any news on Macca?

Let me guess - back in 2 - 3 weeks??

Final point - what a cracking cross from Ferguson for the goal.

A deserved win. We have more of the posession in the first half, Hornchurch had more posession in the second half, but we defended well and limited them to little chances. Good to see us back getting clean sheets again.

Lynvall and Dumas were excellent, I thought that Cole's distribution was poor, but he won everything in the air and stood firm.

Quality cross from Fergie.

A good team performance. Keep it up.

I thought the back four played well and combined to great effect to keep chances to just a few. The midfield combatted well and helped in defence when required and Billy played his usual game. I thought that BWG played his best game this season but tended to hold on to the ball too long at times. MOTM, just Ashley ahead of Lynval.