Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

This is plain stupid

BOROMAN

Originally Posted By: BOROMAN
There is no info anywhere to say if our game at Clapton today has gone ahead.

Has Romford F.C communication come to a grinding halt?????

We didn't know until we got there ourselves working on the principle that no cancellation notice from Clapton meant that the game was on.

A number of us phoned their website phone number but only got a young child answering on the other end which was no use at all.

So it was turn up and take a chance. And we did. And it was ?????????????????.

They were keen, fast and we were a bit ring rusty due to the lay off and had a few squad players missing for various reasons. We will be a lot better in our next games having got one of our not so better days out of the way.

We applied the 'on if not officially called off' rule as it was J.

working on the principle that no cancellation notice from Clapton meant that the game was on.

Well surely that makes perfect sense, no news is good news and all that. Tuesday evenings Clapton v Mauritius Sports game should be an interesting one following both Club's excellent performances yesterday.

Originally Posted By: coupwotcoup
I knew the day was going to end on a sour note when they shipped all that booze in and said that nobody is allowed to have any, as it was for a do that evening.. I am not even going to mention the fact of being told I wasn't allowed to smoke OUTSIDE a pub too.. angry

If you are referring to the F&H I believe that they have a smoking area at the back but I could be wrong (as usual).

Originally Posted By: Brewerytown
I think that the feller who did the bar, tea, sorted out the officials, and did the secretary's job should have phoned us all individually to tell us it was on, very poor show.

Not being at all critical! But the infrastructure there seems to have deteriorated a little bit more each time I pay the OSD a visit.

No hot showers in the visitors' changing rooms.

No draught beer there last time we visited only cans etc and no bar at all or nibbles or anything other that tea or coffee this time.

No method or even pen and paper for the gateman to record the attendance. Wonder how they arrived at a figure of 40!

I wonder what they won't have next time!

I am so, so sad that such a once great non league club has been reduced to such poor circumstances having remembered visiting them in the old proper Isthmian League days way back in the 1940/50's.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

working on the principle that no cancellation notice from Clapton meant that the game was on.

Well surely that makes perfect sense, no news is good news and all that. Tuesday evenings Clapton v Mauritius Sports game should be an interesting one following both Club's excellent performances yesterday.

Don't be daft Rhodes. This is non league football we are talking about. What makes you think that yesterday's two results will have any influence on that particular game's performances on Tuesday evening?

Having been away from the club now for 9 months it is the same old story, before and after, people just dont want to muck in, in the glory days yes in the bad times no. the talk now of a new ground should give inspiration to everyone that there is new hope about to happen, reality, 'I done my bit and no more' very sad. speaking to colin regularly he confirms this, but what about the million that is needed to build the ground. yes grants are available to pay for some of it but not all, people arent getting any younger, if you feel i leave it to someone else you are very much mistaken. DEAL WITH IT AND SORT IT OUT FELLAS.

btw I still have feelings for the club but things MUST CHANGE if it will survie.