Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Reading Town thread!!!

Just though I will let you know how the mighty Reading Town are getting on in the Hellenic league!!!

Fourth in the league, unbeaten in their last 12 games and won 8-0 yesterday against Shrivenham!!!!

Match video:

Barmy Army Video:

Match Report

Reading Town Torment Shrivenham!! (14th Feb)

Reading Town made the perfect start when Gianluca Ricco neatly tucked it underneath the Shrivenham keeper in the 2nd minute to make it 1-0. Just 3 minutes later and the Town doubled their lead when Aaron Parfitt stroked it past the keeper from an acute angle. The Reading boys were the dominant force and this saw Graham Lewis have two efforts. One of which what was well saved by Luke Alford and the other which went marginally wide of the right hand post. Reading Town’s pressure paid off when a delightful ball was put into the box by David Mills and Graham Lewis latched onto it to header it past the Shrivy No1. James Clark then found himself on the score sheet in the 23rd minute after his half volley looked to be going over but it suddenly dipped at the last minute which saw the ball strike the back of the net to make it 4-0. Shrivenham had their first really chance to score in the 30th minute when a shot was cleverly cleared off the line by Will Bratt. Soon afterwards another effort from Shrivy was cleared off the line but this it was Sam Flegg who made shore the Town kept a clean sheet. The Town kept on piling on the pressure and the saw an effort from Saurez which went just past the left hand post in the 37th minute. Just 5 minutes remaining of the 1st half and Luke Alford made another good save to keep it 4-0 going into half time.

Shrivenham got off to a slightly better start they did in the 1st half and saw them have an attempt on goal which Chris Grace smartly saved diving to his left. Not long afterwards James Clark made it five when he scored from close range. In the 48th minute Shrivenham were trying to pull a goal back but their effort whizzed passed the post. Reading Town were dangerous whenever they had the ball and this saw Danny Williamson have a crack at goal from wide on right which saw the keeper tip it over the bar. Things just got even better when Aaron Parfitt tapped it to make 6-0. Reading Town just kept causing problems and this saw Aaron Parfitt completed his hattrick when he slotted the ball into bottom left hand corner to make it 7-0. James made sure he wasn’t going to miss out on the hattrick and calmly put it past the keeper to make it 8-0.

I do miss the drum tho it made my day when he forgot the words to "come on Reading"

Nice to hear from you and wish you all the best for the rest of the season...Keep singing and who knows u could be on the X factor.

Originally Posted By: Weeble
I do miss the drum tho it made my day when he forgot the words to "come on Reading"

Nice to hear from you and wish you all the best for the rest of the season...Keep singing and who knows u could be on the X factor.

I never forgot my words!!! Come on er...er...er..Reading!!! LOL

Hahaha Thanks Weebs .

you take care of your self . i may see u later , all depends on work.

were you at Feltham when the grass was there or the plastic pitch.

i played under Brian lang , Ian Wenlock , and Bob Barnes along time ago. Was even better when we played together at Ashford Town.

regards Butts