Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Aylesbury Vale

Originally Posted By: christianTroy
Aylesbury Vale are fast becoming the leagues whipping boys after what was a positive start to the season - anyone know why?

They have recently lost a number of players, which has come as a bit of a blow to the team. They were certainly not the team last night that I saw a few weeks back in the Prem Div Cup(though a number of players from that match were still there), and to be fair, Hertford should probably have scored twice as many as they did, given the chaotic nature of the Vale defence.

Originally Posted By: christianTroy

Aylesbury Vale are fast becoming the leagues whipping boys after what was a positive start to the season - anyone know why?

It should be a heaven made opportunity for Kentish Town tomorrow then to get a crucial three points particularly with Haringey Borough and Holmer Green locking horns at Watchet Lane.

Well at least KT got a point - two games unbeaten now - stern test this Tuesday - I'd expect even a wilting Ch St P to have just too much for them but doubt it will be the rout it was just before Xmas.

On the subject of KT & Aylesbury V. I noted that the return was due very soon (Monday week - 30th March) but that this fixture is NOT appearing on the current SSML Bulletin - though it IS on Mitoo (no venue?)

... anyone know the inside deal on this?

I see also that the Fixture Sec. (?) has taken pity on Chalfont St P in advance of their away leg in the Vase semi- and postponed their scheduled game @ Colney Heath on Thursday 2nd April.

Originally Posted By: royals26

On the subject of KT & Aylesbury V. I noted that the return was due very soon (Monday week - 30th March) but that this fixture is NOT appearing on the current SSML Bulletin - though it IS on Mitoo (no venue?)

... anyone know the inside deal on this?

Hopefully Nellie will come on and inform us, it will be interesting to see whether the game will be played at the Copthall Stadium

... no update as yet I see - however Mitoo IS NOW showing this game as ON [Monday 30th April] but being played at SJ Park Kingsbury LT. Shame already been there too and I'm struggling to get out on other days that week - perils of having kids who play musical instruments/do Drama etc etc frown

Presumably this will be in line with the next issue of the Bulletin??

... no update as yet I see

Royals26 - You sound surprised, Nellie only comes on when it suits her. I'm quite surprised Kentish Town's game with Welwyn Garden City is taking place at the Copthall Stadium tomorrow particularly with Hatfield Town not playing at Herns Lane, what do you read into that.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
... no update as yet I see

Royals26 - You sound surprised, Nellie only comes on when it suits her. I'm quite surprised Kentish Town's game with Welwyn Garden City is taking place at the Copthall Stadium tomorrow particularly with Hatfield Town not playing at Herns Lane, what do you read into that.

...and what on earth is wrong with that - or is this a 'rhodes on demand' forum?

Boswell - Nellie has the Forum minimised on her desktop at all times, my point was why didn't she come on straight away to address Royals26 question about the Kentish Town v Aylesbury Vale game, confusion still reigns so a simple post from her was all that was required.

Didn't want to cause any aggro - (there's enough on here as it is ! whistle ) I'd assumed that since Nellie might not necessarily control what goes on Mitoo or the Bulletin, she was too busy leading A NORMAL LIFE to fret over it. She is normally very prompt with serious queries about KT.

More than likely the opportunity to for them use SJP didn't get formalized until the last few days.

Like I said immaterial since I wouldn't 'revisit' KLT anyhow - I was just curious because the two main sources of fixture info for us hoppers - without filtering through all the 'side-issues' on here eek - were at odds last week.

PS I see the other Monday night fixture's been moved (Hadley vs A.Clinton - now April 8th ) I didn't know they were g/sharing @ Potters Bar (is it just for evening games??) - How long's that been going on??

[Nellie you don't need to answer that one! wink ]

Royals26 - Nellie will have already seen your post don't worry about that. Hadley have been groundsharing at Potters Bar Town for the whole season, not just for evening games, and have an amicable arrangement with the Parkfield Club unlike Kentish Town did in 2005/2006. I went to their second home match of the season against Pitstone & Ivinghoe and money was being spent hand over fist at the bar which presumably Potters Bar retain on top of a reasonable hire fee.

NeutralFan - I stand corrected and you very kindly gave me a lift home to my door, I don't know what made me say Pitstone & Ivinghoe.

... no update as yet I see - however Mitoo IS NOW showing this game as ON [Monday 30th April] but being played at SJ Park Kingsbury LT

Royals26 - You obviously mean Monday 30 March (tomorrow) however in today's Non League paper there is no mention of the game taking place at Silver Jubilee Park so clearly some people are going to turn up at the Copthall Stadium expecting to watch a game of football which will tarnish the Club's reputation still further if that's possible.

royal26 thanks for that, much to certain peoples beliefs yes I do have a life to lead and sometimes yes it does get very busy.

I have just read your post royals26 and Kentish Town FC are playing their match on Monday night at Kingsbury London Tigers ground....sorry for not replying sooner wink

..Mitoo HAVE got this change noted though

It's nice to see Horace and HTFCew doing their jobs but you have to ask why the Non League paper wasn't reliably informed that this evening's Kentish Town v Aylesbury Vale game is taking place at Silver Jubilee Park.