Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Your bests and worse grounds visited this season

Criteria is you can not comment on your own club and try not to be to disrespectful.

Best ground by far is Lowerstoft Town, excelent playing surface, plenty of cover and seating, hot food and drinks available inside the ground, club house was buisy but plenty of room and there supportes are brilliant.

Good luck to The Trawler boys in the Vase. druff

Worse by a long way was Pitsea Bowers,

To be found in the middle of a housing estate the pitch was toilet and it was at the front end of the season 'God knows what its like now' you could get a burger and a tea inside the ground at half time if you orderd it before kick off. The club were told to expect a reasonable sized crowd but only had 1 person serving in the club house, The poor girl was out of her depth.

No warm welcome to be found there from anyone! ezicon

Originally Posted By: christianTroy

worse - kentish town

Cue Nellie, actually I'll be interested to know why you think so as with a capacity of 9,999 the Copthall Stadium is certainly the largest stadium in the SSML and despite it being an athletics stadium the view of the action is excellent particularly from up in the stand.

I went to Crawley Green yesterday who I assume everyone knows groundshare at BGB Division 1 Midlands Barton Rovers home in rural Bedfordshire about four miles from the nearest station, Harlington on the Thameslink line. Crawley Green have fallen on their feet as it is the best SSML ground I've been to with excellent facilities including a large homely bar area with satelite television. Only

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
actually I'll be interested to know why you think so as with a capacity of 9,999 the Copthall Stadium is certainly the largest stadium in the SSML and despite it being an athletics stadium the view of the action is excellent particularly from up in the stand.

Cliff, I gotta be honest mate, whilst the stadium would perhaps sound like an appealing prospect, the view is far from excellent. When I visited the Copthall, I was so far away from the action, up in the gods, that I really didnt enjoy the experience (and not cos we lost, haha!!)

Whilst I wouldnt put it top of the "worst ground" tree, it would certainly be in my top 10. Its also a concrete eyesore, lacking in soul and character. On top of that, the pitch is a constant disaster, as proved by the lack of games being played there this season. The entire place is also very, very run down. The seating on the far side of the ground looks awful.

An athletics stadium is built for athletics not football. And while I'm glad KTFC have somewhere to play their home games, it does rather fall down as a venue.

Best ground I think Ive been to of late is Bedford. Massive clubhouse, huge tv, pitch not too bad. Arlesey is a fave of mine too.

Originally Posted By: christianTroy

Tiny changing room and cold showers, no food after the game and no bar for what was a much deserved beer!!

On top of that the small make shift benches and a frustrating pitch where when the ball goes off it stays off!

ChristianTroy - I think you had better explain preferably before Nellie comes on with some spin, my understanding was that Kentish Town prided themselves on some of the best food, if not the best, in the SSML.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Tiny changing room

ChristianTroy - Were you actually talking about the Copthall Stadium as maybe I have misunderstood you where the food and changing rooms are concerned, they are quite a decent size and I'm sure you have seen far smaller in your time, take New Bradwell St Peter's and Leverstock Green's for example before they refurbished, you couldn't swing a cat in those.

Originally Posted By: Takeley Tractor Boy
best ground Harlow Town
Worst Ground By a MILLION MILES SAWBRIDGEWORTH TOWN

Originally Posted By: onekeown
TTB you are spot on Sawbridgeworth must be up there with the worse step 5 club in the uk

Agree with you on that!! I remember 2 or 3 years ago going to Sawbo when I was managing our reserves. We got into the away changing room and the floor was completely under water with water visibly pissing through the ceiling due to a bout of rain. Shocking! Pitch is a bog too!

Might I throw harpendens hat into the ring too... awful place!

Originally Posted By: Wader
Again, not SSML and not even Step 5, but the worst ground I've been to in the last 4 years has got to be Dunstable Town without any shadow of any doubt.

Trying to spice things up for your potential meeting at Kenilworth Road?