Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Your bests and worse grounds visited this season

Im glad you believe this!

I agree that Barton Rovers ground is one of the best in the SSML, but unfortunatley like most groundshares, it is not ideal. When we played in Div 2 at our own ground we sometimes got up to 100+ gates for big games, but due to floodlights we had to move.

Currently In the process of raising funds for the development of our ground. Floodlights, two stands, railings to go already with our superb clubhouse. We have already received half of the money from the goverment. Once all this is in place we should be able to push on from where we are now.

Originally Posted By: christianTroy
Rhodes , are there more than 2 changing rooms at the copthall stadium? The ones we were in earlier this year were tiny the smallest changing rooms we have been in all year

You should have had access to the second room next door to get changed in. Not ideal for tic tacs from the manager however you can easily get 15 in 1 room for the chat.

As for the lack of facilities (Bar) unfortunately 'we' are at the mercy of Copthall Management Services and they seem to not have a clue of how to run a sucessful business (IMO).

As for no food after the game?????? Who are you connected with?

I think ChristianTroy is with Colney Heath who won 4-2 at the Copthall Stadium on 25 October, if you can cast your mind back that far it will be interesting to know why no food was provided after the game, that would constitute a fine by the League.

I dislike any football ground with a running track so that gives the Copthall a thumbs down from me for football watching.

Harefield as mentioned is always a good ground to go to (even if FoRM have seen them lose three times there this season!!) but I always enjoy Hanwell's ground for both their and SLB games.

Also glad to see that the standing room at Tokyngton c/o Bedfont Green c/o Viking Sports is now safe to stand on. Last time I was there it was still being finished and was potentially dangerous.

Originally Posted By: Lato

Also glad to see that the standing room at Tokyngton c/o Bedfont Green c/o Viking Sports is now safe to stand on. Last time I was there it was still being finished and was potentially dangerous.

Lato - It was good to see FoRM represented at the Viking Sports Ground last night and thanks for saying hello unlike Spidermanor who totally blanked me

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I think ChristianTroy is with Colney Heath who won 4-2 at the Copthall Stadium on 25 October, if you can cast your mind back that far it will be interesting to know why no food was provided after the game, that would constitute a fine by the League.

Def food put on that day as I remember spitting in the sarnies! oops wheres that delete button.

I remember the day well as the PA kept getting the name of the visiting team wrong grin and we were 2-0 up at half time.

Originally Posted By: CG1984
Worst grounds: Brache Sparta and 61FC.
Also a mention to Kings Langleys phantom floodlights!!!

Best Grounds: Arlsey, Royston, Ampthill.

I would have been very disappointed if we didn't get a mention grin

Lato - It was good to see FoRM represented at the Viking Sports Ground last night and thanks for saying hello unlike Spidermanor who totally blanked me, tell him that he owes the Club a fiver for sneaking in without paying whilst nobody was manning the gate.

I think you've told him here but why didn't you ask him for it yourself at the time. You told me he was in the ground and you also saw him at half time when you could have asked him for it.

Oh thought oif another ground I didn't like - Burnham

why didn't you ask him for it yourself at the time. You told me he was in the ground and you also saw him at half time when you could have asked him for it.

Lato - You looked like two spare wheels at the game when you could have quite easily rolled up your sleeves and helped me look for match balls or assisted the Chairman behind the bar serving tea, Tokyngton Manor is still your Club if you want to be part of it.

I dislike any football ground with a running track so that gives the Copthall a thumbs down from me for football watching.

Lato - The top picture in this link proves you wrong as the view from the stand at the Copthall Stadium is as good as anywhere I've watched football. The Club were knocked over in the rush with groundhoppers last season and I don't recall one complaining about the view or that they disliked grounds with athletics tracks:

http://dubsteps.blogspot.com/2008/08/kentish-town-1-wellingborough-town-1.html

Lato - The top picture in this link proves you wrong as the view from the stand at the Copthall Stadium is as good as anywhere I've watched football. The Club were knocked over in the rush with groundhoppers last season and I don't recall one complaining about the view or that they disliked grounds with athletics tracks:

http://dubsteps.blogspot.com/2008/08/kentish-town-1-wellingborough-town-1.html

how can it prove me wrong, I was expressing my opinion about grounds with running tracks which since it is an opinion personal to me cannot be defined as right or wrong by anyone else and thus cannot be proved one way or the other.

As I said I don't like any football ground with an athletics track and that includes the Slaski and the King Baudoin in Brussels.

Repoman - Yes the only difference is that the Copthall Stadium's capacity is 9,999 and Erith Town's is 1,450:

http://www.pyramidpassion.co.uk/html/erith_town.html

I didn't like Erith Town's ground either - same reason.

how can it prove me wrong

Well you are wrong so that's living proof, there is nothing wrong with Athletics stadiums doubling up as football grounds, more and more are springing up all over the place so that's proof in the pudding.

Lato was merely expressing his own view. I share it. I cannot abide having a running track between me and the pitch, and avoid such grounds. You like them - fair enough.

Horace - Yes but why doesn't LATO like Athletics Stadiums, there has to be a reason however I think he is just being opposite for the sake of it. Take the Olympic Stadium in Munich for example where Trevor Francis scored that memorable winning goal for Nottingham Forest against Malmo in the European Cup Final, had that been at Upton Park or Loftus Road Francis wouldn't have even thought about going for the header for fear of crashing into the advertising hoardings and breaking his neck.

Horace - Yes but why doesn't LATO like Athletics Stadiums, there has to be a reason however I think he is just being opposite for the sake of it. Take the Olympic Stadium in Munich for example where Trevor Francis scored that memorable winning goal for Nottingham Forest against Malmo in the European Cup Final, had that been at Upton Park or Loftus Road Francis wouldn't have even thought about going for the header for fear of crashing into the advertising hoardings and breaking his neck.

I refer you to my earlier answer. It's a matter of personal choice. Can't you respect other people's right to a different view to yours?
(and I suspect that there were, in fact, advertising hoardings inside the running track!