Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Your bests and worse grounds visited this season

about 10 yards from pitch,plenty of room to dive for the header without getting hurt.

olympic stadium in rome,one of best atmospheres in football

I suppose the maracana is a crap stadium,absolute garbage some of the crap written on this forum at times,same old suspects as usual of course smile

I agree that athletics tracks in football graounds are not as good! And i will give you some reasons and proof.

- Juventus have moved from the old Stadio Della Alpi to new ground, due to a big running track and no atmosphere.

- Wembley was proposed to have an athletics track, but was cancelled due to the fear of a bad atmosphere.

- Bayern Munich left the olympic stadium and moved into a new ground without a athletics track.

- Rotherham play there games at the Don Valley Staium which has the worst atmosphere in the football league, due to an athletics track.

- Old wembley was hated besause of how far away you sat from the pitch!

Again there are many more examples but as people have said it is all opinions. Im not saying grounds with athletics tracks are wrong, i just prefer grounds without athletics tracks.

CG1984 - Firstly good luck at Winslow United this afternoon.

You make some good points however I agree with Urchin Mentalist's post above that Athletic's Stadiums are just as good for football if not better infact as there are many additional advantages such as a ready made training facility. As he says it's just a case of the usual suspects such as Horace and Lato being opposite and no doubt Football Man, HTFCew, Wader and NeutralFan dislike Athletics Stadiums too.

Originally Posted By: CG1984

- Rotherham play there games at the Don Valley Staium which has the worst atmosphere in the football league, due to an athletics track.

I would say Brighton's ground pushes it close, that also has a athletics track around it and is an awful place to watch football.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
CG1984 - Firstly good luck at Winslow United this afternoon.
You make some good points however I agree with Urchin Mentalist's post above that Athletic's Stadiums are just as good for football if not better infact as there are many additional advantages such as a ready made training facility. As he says it's just a case of the usual suspects such as Horace and Lato being opposite and no doubt Football Man, HTFCew, Wader and NeutralFan dislike Athletics Stadiums too.

Put it this way Rhodes, you are planning a new non-league ground, money no object. Will you incorporate athletics into the plan? For the giant "Olympic" stadia, if you are already half a mile from the pitch, what difference does another 10 metres make? For a small non-league ground, standing the wrong side of a running track at ground level is no fun!

p.s. I'm not just saying this to disagree with you! I agreed with you about WGC's chances of finishing higher than 16th, didn't I?

I agree with what Rhodes said in an earlier post that there are going to be a lot more grounds with athletics tracks soon. We have not really embraced it over in this country but if you go abroad then you will see an awful lot more non-league clubs playing with athletics tracks.

There will be a lot more multi purpose stadiums being built for the community. Due to funding issues this may be the only way for clubs to get new grounds.

Also League clubs will be looking at this, extra revenue. As we all know money comes first!

A ground with nice facilities and a running track is better than no ground at all!

I still dont like the idea of watching games with running tracks.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
NeutralFan dislike Athletics Stadiums too.

My team play inside an Athletics track. As we are only Step 7 it means spectators can stand around the side of the pitch so doesn't really affect things but it's a bloody pain in the [****!!****] retrieving balls kicked off the pitch!!!

Reminds me of a game at such a ground between Ilford and Hertford a few years back - the then Hertford chairman gave the ref so much grief about time taken to get the ball back into play that he added 19 minutes in the second half! (during which time Ilford scored two more goals!)

As usual rhodes you have succeeded in making a mountain out of a molehill on this forum. I have as previously stated developed a theory that you do this to create attention around yourself.

Now you asked me why I don't like grounds with athletics tracks and its been alluded to in other posts. At non league level I feel that I am as a paying spectator 'divorced' from the action that I have paid to experience. I have sat in the stand at Kentish Town and I agree that the view up there is wonderful to watch the entire field but its just my (and thats a key word here) preference if possible to watch football closer to the action.

Large stadium are often designed for many sports other than football and so have an athletics track and/or space between the playing surface and the crowd. Of course an atmopsphere can still be generated there but my (there's that word again) preference is for enclosed traditional football grounds where to use your example Trevor Francis would have ended up in the first row with his diving header in 1979. Thats just as I said before my opinion..it's not right, its not wrong and if other people have differing views so be it.

Now to come back to a point you previously made regarding Spidermanor. I spoke to him today and he told me he paid the Tokyngton Manor secretary on Tuesday night who he spoke to before the game but you decided to avoid him when he came in. I suggest you check to see if this is the case before you make allegations about people on an open forum.

As for the point about helping out at Tokyngton....are you going to ask the other 13 paying customers the same question?13 paying customers many of whom we were conversing with throughout the game which must have made them spare wheels as well. None of FoRm think that Tokyngton Manor are our club but we certainly don't regard them with the same disdain you seem to have for the two SSML clubs who you previous had ties with..or do your posts actually mean something different??

altogether now...1...2...3...4.....

fortunately that the new stadiums being built in the States for Major League Soccer, none of them are being built with tracks. One Stadium for a team coming in 2011 is going to remodel a baseball stadium to get a more intimate feel and the other coming in is going to have to deal with a Canadian Football League pitch, IMO is just as bad as a track, especially on the ends (160'x72', I think, positive on the length, not 100% sure on the width)

The pitch at Hertford Town is disgusting, but not as bad as some of their supporters (and I am talking about older people who should know better). Even worse then that were a few of the players, who were hell bent on causing trouble. One of them bit of more then he could chew when he followed a Brimsdown player into the changing rooms, specifically to fight him!!! It seems that some 'fans' could not accept that Hertford could not beat a 9 player Brimsdown team!!!

Originally Posted By: Lato

As for the point about helping out at Tokyngton....are you going to ask the other 13 paying customers the same question?13 paying customers many of whom we were conversing with throughout the game which must have made them spare wheels as well. None of FoRm think that Tokyngton Manor are our club but we certainly don't regard them with the same disdain you seem to have for the two SSML clubs who you previous had ties with..or do your posts actually mean something different??
altogether now...1...2...3...4.....

LATO - I got the impression that you and Spidermanor seemed to turn up at the Viking Sports Ground last Tuesday evening purely to pick holes in the Club's operation, find fault and be negative which I find difficult to understand. Why couldn't you simply accept the fact that Ruislip Manor weren't able to survive when their Committee resigned en-mass and funding was withdrawn in January of last year when the SSML kindly allowed the Club time to 'regroup' and find a solution to the grave situation. You, Spidermanor and Manorborn could have quite easily taken the new Club to your hearts, rolled up your sleeves and asked the new Chairman, and Club's saviour, where the broom was, from memory, all you could do was complain about the loss of the Ruislip name and seventy years of history when surely it was better to have a Club than none at all.

Originally Posted By: Hollie
The pitch at Hertford Town is disgusting, but not as bad as some of their supporters (and I am talking about older people who should know better).

Well, I've not experienced that at Hertford and with more fans in the ground. They are noisey and get behind their team but all banter and great stuff. Perhaps some clubs just aren't used to a decent support and feel intimidated by it?

Originally Posted By: harefieldwhite
Criteria is you can not comment on your own club and try not to be to disrespectful.

Best ground by far is Lowerstoft Town, excelent playing surface, plenty of cover and seating, hot food and drinks available inside the ground, club house was buisy but plenty of room and there supportes are brilliant.
Good luck to The Trawler boys in the Vase. druff

Worse by a long way was Pitsea Bowers,
To be found in the middle of a housing estate the pitch was toilet and it was at the front end of the season 'God knows what its like now' you could get a burger and a tea inside the ground at half time if you orderd it before kick off. The club were told to expect a reasonable sized crowd but only had 1 person serving in the club house, The poor girl was out of her depth.

No warm welcome to be found there from anyone! ezicon

If you think Bowers & Pitsea is the worst ground you've been to this season, then you definitely need to get out more. grinarse

Originally Posted By: Wader
The pitch at Hertford Town is disgusting, but not as bad as some of their supporters (and I am talking about older people who should know better).

Well, I've not experienced that at Hertford and with more fans in the ground. They are noisey and get behind their team but all banter and great stuff. Perhaps some clubs just aren't used to a decent support and feel intimidated by it?
I think the word 'decent' is the last word I would use for the supporters. As for being intimidated, I don't think so, most of them were OAPs. They certainly never intimidated the Brimsdown supporters, or the team!! I don't think 'getting behind your team' includes constant calling the opposition rubbish and continually shouting for players to be booked or sent off. Strange that I never heard any shouts of encouragement to their own team, who were obviously struggling against 9 men, just constant abuse of the opposition. Great supporters!!!!!

Hollie - This is Hertford Town's version of events, what do you think:

http://www.hertfordtownfc.co.uk/brimsdownhome28_3.htm

The pitch at Hertford Town is disgusting

It's not a good surface, but please bear in mind that a few weeks ago it was under 3 foot of water for a while!

I understand the problems they have had with the pitch, Horace, but if its not fit enough then surely it should'nt be being used! (A bit like Kentish Towns pitch). Rhodes, as for their version of the events the only thing I agree with there was that the Referee was bad. The home supporters certainly gave him a lot of stick. The sendings off and the bookings (on both sides) were way over the top. Yes, the celebrations were quite loud, at the end, but then again the Hertford 'fans' had treated it like a cup final all they way through the match, nothing wrong in celebrating a good result! The celebration certainly never warranted the trouble that some of the Hertford players caused at the end of the match!!!

Hollie - Things have never really been the same at Hertford Town since Horace and HTFCew walked out the door, this may sound silly but they were a calming influence of the old school and knew exactly how to run a Football Club from top to bottom.