Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town v Haringey Borough -Saturday 18 April

Interesting news from the Haringey Borough Website that the venue for this fixture on Saturday has been changed at very short notice, perhaps Nellie or Willo the Cat would like to explain the reason why:

re Saturday 18th April First Team game away to KENTISH TOWN.

Note that it will be played in the stadium of Kingsbury London Tigers FC - ie Silver Jubilee Park, Townsend Lane, Kingsbury, London NW9 7NE.

3pm kick off

NOTE TOO THAT TRAVEL IS LIKELY TO BE VERY DIFFICULT OWING TO THE PROXIMITY OF WEMBLEY STADIUM WHERE AN FA CUP SEMI FINAL IS TAKING PLACE.

There's quite a build up to the game on Saturday in both the Islington Gazette and Tottenham Journal, the Gazette mentions Kentish Town's Manager but there is no clever quotes like there used to be at the start of the season and I understand he no longer speaks to the press:

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/content/islington/gazette/sport/

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/content/haringey/tottenhamjournal/sport/

ScottWilson - I see you are a new poster, we've never had anyone from Holmer Green post on here before. Yes the change of fixture dates aren't good however if you can beat Aylesbury Vale at Haywood Way on Saturday in your final game, irrespective of Thursday's result against Chalfont St Peter, then there should still be Premier Division football at Watchet Lane next season. If Kentish Town beat Kingsbury London Tigers in their final game on Wednesday week then you will presumably be fully entitled to ask for a stewards enquiry going by recent results and the two Club's in the throws of thrashing out a groundshare deal for next season.

30 people from Holmer green will be present at Kentish Town vs Kingsbury London Tigers.

who do you want to go down? be honest !!

see you at the game. Fair play Please.

Fair play Please.Fair play Please.Fair play Please.Fair play Please.Fair play Please.Fair play Please.Fair play Please.

Holmer are going down anyway... ground grading has decided that, not league position!

Was going to post on here earlier this AM when I noticed the fixture changes on the most recent Bulletin - Mitoo hadn't quite caught up at that point.

I see that Mitoo's latest fixtures, as of this evening, would suggest there was a typo on the Bulletin.

It has the re-arranged Holmer G vs CSP game down as WEDNESDAY 22nd @ Haywood Way but clearly this is tricky/in error what with AV's Ressies supposed to be playing there on that night too?

... I also noticed at the time that the KT vs KLT game had been switched to Silver Jubilee Pk AND put back to Wednesday the 29th - another Prem. fixture scheduled AFTER the officially stated/targetted end of the season.

I could see some reasoning behind the CSP v Hanwell game being scheduled for a later date - however unfair that may have been on Bigg T or the Hares BUT what is the reasoning behind the switch of this game near the bottom? Understandably the Holmer G fans can't be too chuffed - and I s'pose Rhodes' hinted 'conspiracy theory' might be brought into the spotlight should KT pick up a win if needs be?

... and I didn't think Watchet La was THAT bad when we visited a month or so back - was the lighting failure THAT catastrophic then? i.e. Newbury FCs in the Hellenic have had Horizontal lights all season!

royals26 it has been switched because kentish town cant play at home on that date because of the start of the athletics fixtures and i think there is a game at their ground on that date so it had to be put back.

Originally Posted By: scott wilson

30 people from Holmer green will be present at Kentish Town vs Kingsbury London Tigers.
who do you want to go down? be honest!!

I assume that is only if you beat Aylesbury Vale on Saturday and think that it would be a good idea in order to ensure fair play. Shall we just say that I will be sorry to see Holmer Green go down, I'm not sure if what NeutralFan says is true but you have been escapologists of David Blaine proportions over the last six seasons so hopefully that will continue.

Originally Posted By: nellie

royals26 it has been switched because kentish town cant play at home on that date because of the start of the athletics fixtures and i think there is a game at their ground on that date so it had to be put back.

Is that the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, I'm not so sure

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: nellie

Is that the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, I'm not so sure

As I

.... smile does beg the question though - how come the League/Fixtures Sec. - with his super-duper piecemeal fixture programme, who tantalisingly drip feeds games to us

ever-anxious anoraks - did not work out that KT playing on the last Sat in April at home would 'run' into the Athletics season?? wink

... or was this particular fixture scheduled earlier and rained/fogged/frosted/javelined shocked off?

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat

As I

Reading between the lines, if that's true of course, it would appear you have had a falling out with the Club's hierarchy and seen them in their true colours.

Reading between the lines I am sure that the club spokesperson will be on in due course to inform you if 'they' feel the need to

Willo the Cat - Well let me put it another way then, have you finally seen the light. It's also interesting that Nellie's name no longer appears on the Club Website's Committee list, would you care to explain why not.

Willo the Cat - Well let me put it another way then, have you finally seen the light. It's also interesting that Nellie's name no longer appears on the Club Website's Committee list, would you care to explain why not.

Rumours abound of some very sad news relating to KTFC will be announced shortly

Samnosmiles - Sorry to sound harsh but whatever it is the Club brought it about themselves by literally destroying what had been painstakingly built last season both on and off the field of play. Not many Club's, if any, at Step 6 level have two UEFA 'A' qualified Coaches onboard who had a telepathic relationship and understanding of their talented squad of players, the Manager thought he knew better however and allowed one of them to leave which was the beginning of the end.

Samnosmiles - Sorry to sound harsh but whatever it is the Club brought it about themselves by literally destroying what had been painstakingly built last season both on and off the field of play. Not many Club's, if any, at Step 6 level have two UEFA 'A' qualified Coaches onboard who had a telepathic relationship and understanding of their talented squad of players, the Manager thought he knew better however and allowed one of them to leave which was the beginning of the end.

agreed,terrible sequence of events