Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town v Haringey Borough -Saturday 18 April

Believe me, that's only the tip of the ice berg

Samnosmiles - You're spot on, the Manager simply wouldn't take a back seat role and allow others far more qualified and knowledgable to take control of team affairs. Then there was the Lee Scott situation, I'm sure Paul Attfield at Royston for example makes it his business to know every time Craig Hammond picks his nose or goes to the toilet but that wasn't the case with Lee at Kentish Town.

Originally Posted By: samnosmiles
Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Samnosmiles - You're spot on, the Manager simply wouldn't take a back seat role and allow others far more qualified and knowledgable to take control

but he does make a blinding bacon roll!!

Now I know who you are!
......Believe
......I know
.For Sure!

Lol, you obviously know the Manager then and that's exactly my point. He should have remained in the kitchen at the Copthall Stadium with the Chairman making the rolls, burgers, sandwiches, teas and coffees rather than interferring in team affairs, that's what he was good at and why the Club flourished last season with everyone having their own jobs to do, as soon as he got within 100 yards of the bench and dressing room that's when the cracks started to appear.

Unc - It wouldn't surprise me, I thought it was too good to be true and the Keeps had been unusually quiet for a while

Samnosmiles - Seriously though Kentish Town had the potential to move up the pyramid like a dose of salts, a bit like Royston Town do at the moment. They had Arsenal in their pocket who furnished them with goals, dugouts, a mini bus and who had a hands on interest in their Under 18's team playing in the Southern Counties Floodlit Youth League as part of the innovative Central Government funded Kickz programme that has 100% take up with Premiership Clubs. As the so called 'second Club' in Islington and Camden Arsenal took Kentish Town under their wing in a big way and would have made it their business to ensure the Club progressed even finding them a suitable ground but it all fell apart thanks to the Manager who wouldn't take a back seat.