Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Constitution

If Beeswax is right then give it a few years and the premier division will be the new Essex and Herts with whichever teams were promoted the year before. Any relegated Ressie team will then leave and return to the Essex and Herts.

What bit of 10/15/20 years didn't you understand? Yes I realise said clubs did progress that way, but nobody apart from Takeley and Great Wakering have made the step up in recent years. The fact that there is no Step 6 buffer zone in Essex doesn't help, plus the draconian ground-grading standards set by the Essex FA hardly helps. By the way, got loads of new progs you may be interested in, just in the process of listing them now, before I retire to my day job.. smile

Why would the EOL want to run a league where at the end of every season nobody take the winners of each division at face value coz at the end of each season teams are looking at results debating what type of side was put out match by match by senior ressie teams. Every year there will be the banter of "you only won because we played their first team and you didn't" or "they helped you win it". Every year in the last month of the season there will be senior players available and if your fixtures include two or three ressie teams at the end of the season you could end up playing a completely different set of opponents to most others. Any league organisation should look to start a season knowing they are completley fair and have covered all chances of un-sportsmanship being eliminated.

Originally Posted By: Boycie01
Im in total agreement with "Football Man", it should be seen as a challenge to players. Especially as most of my players rarely get to play at grounds with floodlights. The only thing I can see going wrong with this is, (and this is JUST a hypothetical point), if these 4 ESL reserves sides get promoted, say, over a 2 season period and cover the top spots in the premier league, will this not stop teams who have the ground grading and "Will" to go for promotion to the ESL. Therefore, is there any point in the league being part of the pyramid ??????
I know this is a massive "IF", but it is a possiblilty

Boycie, who are you trying to kid. Are you telling me that if you are playing a senior ressie team, last game of the season and if you win or draw you win the league, however they have finished the senior season the week before and to win the club a trophey, they send a full first team and beat ya therefore leaving your season fruitless. Would you go in saying "wasn't it nice to play a senior side". No competitive manager would nor should. This might not happen to you but it will someone for sure.

Originally Posted By: coupwotcoup
What bit of 10/15/20 years didn't you understand?

What bit of "In the history of the EOL" didn't you understand doah grin

I also see that Coggeshall Town, Bowers United, Concord Rangers, Hullbridge Sports, Crittal Braintree (Braintree Town?) graced the EOL as well as GWR!

I look forward to getting your list. I still have that 45/46 ESC Cup Final prog between Barking and Romford sitting here for you. grin

Rookie. If my team is at the top of the Division, I would expect them to beat anybody in that league. Having played & coached at an "OK" level for the last 20 years, I can honestly say that I don't know too many 1st team players that have been willing to really put themselves out for "The stiffs".

I must say fella's, this forum is far more intellectual than that ESL one......

That wasn't my point. if that happened to any club they would feel bitter. My point is that the league hasn't covered all options and there are already leagues established for ressie teams of senior clubs. I realise that these clubs are coming to EOL for financial reasons but it doesn't make it right. The Essex and Herts league should look to change not EOL. Its not like the EOL needs the teams. Where as the Essex and Herts does. Restrictions could easily be put in place with a little thought..........................And yes this is far more intelligent conversation, i've put my suit on just to type this.

Also Boycie.....I agree i would expect any team at the top of a division to beat any team in that league. But the point would be you wouldn't be playing a team in that league. It would be a ESL or Ryman team.

PS ...Still got my suit on.

Originally Posted By: Boycie01
Rookie. If my team is at the top of the Division, I would expect them to beat anybody in that league. Having played & coached at an "OK" level for the last 20 years, I can honestly say that I don't know too many 1st team players that have been willing to really put themselves out for "The stiffs".
I must say fella's, this forum is far more intellectual than that ESL one......

That's why we started it!!! grin

Spread the word.

Originally Posted By: Beeswax
Originally Posted By: Football Man
I think this may be why reserve clubs do not play in the Premier Division. If reserve sides fill the top three positions in Div 1, the League can promote the 4th, 5th & 6th placed sides to the Prem Div at its discretion.

The EOL handbook says "Reserve Teams of Senior Clubs are allowed to enter the competition and may be placed in the second or third ranking division of the Senior Section of the league at the discretion of the Management Committees."

Once they are in, they are subject to promotion and relegation like anyone else and can rise to the Premier division. Maybe Boycie has a point that these teams could then stifle the rise of a genuine step 7 club up the Pyramid?

After all as far as we are concerned a regular competitive game is what we are looking for on behalf of our stiffs and promotion out of the EOL is out of the question anyhow so we don't need to go into the Premier Division really do we!

Does the rule book actually say that too? Or is the rule book also implying (whoops) that they can rise no higher than the second ranking division of the senior section?

Originally Posted By: Beeswax

The EOL handbook says "Reserve Teams of Senior Clubs are allowed to enter the Competition and may be placed in the second or third ranking division of the Senior Section of the league at the discretion of the Management Committees."
Originally Posted By: TB&G

Does the rule book actually say that too? Or is the rule book also implying (whoops) that they can rise no higher than the second ranking division of the senior section?

Baz, it's on page 11, Nomenclature and Constitution, last para of Section 1.A and is verbatim grin

My reading of it is that a team such as Romford reserves can only go in at Senior Div 1 or 2 at the league's discretion. Once they are in, they can rise as high as they are able.

Beeser

essex and herts down to 9 teams this season,bethnal green have to play step 6 in combined counties to get into the ESL now,no EOL team can now move into the ESL unless they spend a season at step 6 and make top 2.