Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tokyngton Manor Vs Kentish Town (Sat 11th July)

Shall I do an 84 page programme for old times sake.

I wonder whether LATO and Spidermanor will attend

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I wonder whether LATO and Spidermanor will attend

I won't rhodes as I already have plans for that day at the London Bridge 800th Anniversary Event.

What news of your hat?

Sadly I wasn't in attendance this afternoon at the Playing Fields behind the old Hendon FC due to circumstances beyond my control however I understand that the game was a very competitive 1-1 stalemate and a fair result overall.

Tokyngton Manor 1-1 Kentish Town

Both sides used a large number of players over the course of the match, consisting of trialists and first teamers. It was 0-0 at half time, although Town should have gone ahead following chances that fell to a number of attacking players, most notably Thomas Looney coming in from the right hand side one on one with the goalkeeper.

At half-time Town manager Hudson made 10 changes, with only goalkeeper Netanel Elraz staying on. The pattern of the match changed little, with a scrappy game not surprising considering the bumpy playing surface.

Manor went 1-0 up following a defensive mix up leaving the Tokyngton forward with an open goal. Kentish Town then made a few changes, some enforced due to injury, and some for tactical reasons. It eventually paid off when Daniel Glaude burst down the left to get on the end of a through ball, before sliding the ball past the keepers left hand side to equalise with five minutes remaining.

The match turned out to be an extremely useful start to pre-season as it gave the players an important run out, and also gave the management team the opportunity to learn more about their trialists.

KTFC Line Up: Elraz, Prouten, Barkat, Gennaris, C. Kanaris ©, Looney, Glaude, Simms, Dryden, Lindsey, Gibbs

Start of second half: Elraz, Nawid, Blair, Mller ©, Antoniou, Ingall-Clarke, Donlon, Rowe, Marsh, O'Leary, Sykes

Originally Posted By: dobber

At half-time Town manager Hudson made 10 changes, with only goalkeeper Netanel Elraz staying on

I've never seen the point in doing that, Sven did it regularly for England and it makes a mockery of a game particularly for the spectators who pay good money.