Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Winslow Utd

I very much doubt it, we would have heard something definite by now and Horace would be in the know

Well if that is the case then why isn't it headline news, Horace would have been the first to hear as he is obliged to keep his finger firmly on the pulse and ear to the ground at all times

I spoke to a former assistant coach of Winslows this morning and he confirms that there is problems, quite a lot on Aylesbury Utd forum about this. Could be Horace's ears aren't low enough to the ground, whoever Horace is.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Well if that is the case then why isn't it headline news, Horace would have been the first to hear as he is obliged to keep his finger firmly on the pulse and ear to the ground at all times

Can we get this straight Mr Rhodes? I maintain the Spartan South Midlands website for the league. I only know what league officials tell me. they haven't told me anything about Winslow.
However, as a member of the main SSMFL forum, I have read about their demise on there!

I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and support shown. Unfortunately due to not having enough players signed on by the deadline date it is with great regret that winslow united have had to withdraw their senior sides for this season ONLY, the club is still alive and kicking with the 4 youth sides who will be competing for winslow united this season. The club has not folded as has been spouted the club has had simply no other choice but to withdraw the senior sides, the club is determined that we will learn from these lessons and build a strong, succesful, determined side with the support of the local community. The club will be re-applying to the ssml next season and this year the club is looking to get a new management team in place for both firsts and reserves. The club will be working on sponsorship deals and ground improvements to compete at the highest possible level we can achieve.

Footballnut08 - So what about the fixtures then, you were due to go to AFC Dunstable on 8 August. Surely you had wind of this at the AGM in June and could have saved Phil Rolt a lot of problems.

Rhodes if you think that we have done this on purpose to cause problems then my friend u truly r an idiot! The commitee of the club are still there and would like nothing more than to compete this season! had we of known in june what was going 2 happen we wouldve informed the ssmfl but we didnt it has only come 2 light last night!

Obviously Rhodes is an expert on putting a team of senior players together.

Originally Posted By: footballnut08

Rhodes if you think that we have done this on purpose to cause problems then my friend u truly r an idiot!

Footballnut08 - I didn't say that you had done this on purpose, why would you, however Buckinghamshire is a hotbed of untapped into football talent so I find it difficult to believe that you haven't been able to assemble a decent squad of around 35 - 40 players or just 20 players for a first team.

I guess that no one would plan to disrupt the league but this had raised its head before last night, as I had posted this on the 28th and I believe a meeting was held the night before I could be wrong on that but it was what I was informed.

"Surely you had wind of this at the AGM in June and could have saved Phil Rolt a lot of problems"

I may have misinterpreted what you meant by this statement but it does seem that you were trying 2 imply that we shouldve known by June when in actual fact we were in a very healthy position and putting together a team capable of winning this league but unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control it hasnt happened and has only come to the fore last night at the emergency meeting. I do understand there has been alot of talk on this issue this week but the commitee has worked hard 2 try to put together a plan in place which would help us carry on but unfortunately it is 2 late. Believe me this is the last thing anyone at Winslow United wanted to happen!