Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Winslow Utd

Footballnut,

Sorry to hear about your problems, I know more than most what is like in Milton keynes and the surrounding areas. unfortunately it is not all about having untapped players in the area, There are several teams in the area who offer players money to play at a sub-standard level which leaves the players who are actually interested in playing for teams to the best of their abilty to choose between the 10 odd teams that play at the the same level as ours or just above. Times are very hard at the moment and all clubs are feeling the pinch. I am sorry it has come to this with Winslow but as you say a year off of senior football with give you the chance to regroup and hopefully come back stronger apart from when you play us next.

Footballnut08 - Don't think I don't sympathise with you because I do however the timing of this isn't exactly ideal is it and I'm sure the SSML hierarchy aren't best pleased, are you sure you had no indication of what might lie ahead at the AGM in June and didn't anybody at the Club see the writing on the wall

I agree the timing of this isnt ideal, but then would it be at any time of the year? I think the ssml would prefer it now rather than 2/3 months down the line when we are in the season! As i say there was no writing on the wall to see and in June we considered ourselves to be in a very healthy position hence our application to play in the FA Vase and money spent on the pitch and ground improvements!

Originally Posted By: footballnut08
We considered ourselves to be in a very healthy position at the start of this week let alone June!

I am sorry to hear about your clubs problems and I am sure the decision was a hard one to make.

Unfortunately, this level of football is probably the hardest one to finance (unless you're backed by some religious cult or a rich chairman). Ignore the critics because these are the ones that show they have no idea.

Good luck in your planning and hope to play you again in the near future.

sorry to here that you wont be able to field a side this year but its a touch for us a bye in the vase and we dont have to make the long trek to your gaff. hope u get it sorted and are back playing next season.