Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Blues 0 Ashford 1

Steve U.

Another poor performance. Seem to be running out of excuses now, if the team haven't gelled aleady, then its a pretty sure bet they wont. Ref got it completely wrong with Dormer's red card, who was clearly scythed down by the Ashford no. 4, who was also on a yellow and should have walked himself for the tackle. Only real hope came with the introduction of Chatting, albeit too late, who done more positive running than the rest of the midfield put together. Personally I would like to see the whole team dropped, with the exception of Walker and give the reserves a run out against Kingstonian, at least we should see some commitment from them.

Dormers sending off was a joke wasnt it!? The ref had quite a good game, but I was standing next to a neutral when the incident occured and he just laughed. Nuff said.

That incident shouldnt take away the focus from what was a very poor performance. As I said to a couple of the lads that I was stood around during the 2nd half..'It was wasnt much worse that than this than when it was bad last season'

The tactics from the outset were a bit baffling. We played 4-3-3 but the front 3 didnt give us any width. However, we still persisted with knocking balls down the channels which none of the front 3 wanted to chase. Therefore as the game progressed and Ashfords physical strength nullified any attempt we made to get forward, their full backs got the confidence to get forward and overload our midfield. The only time time that changed was when Flacky came on. Why was he dropped? Isnt he our leading goalscorer this season?

There's going to be loads and loads of questions and concerns about us now. 10 games and 1 win. Change the team or change the Manager before its too late.

I agree the performance was not good. Referee was a joke ( and he started so well with a couple of good advantage plays) But when he started strutting around, offering words of wisdom and making stupid arm movements all the time you knew we were in for a long afternoon and a sending off just to show his power. Terrible decision for Dorms but he has had 6 yellow cards now this season including the 2 today.

We look short of confidence, short of enthusiasm and short of breath. Last year was not a great season but at least we ran and ran ( apart from all the injuries) we don't look a particularly fit side.

We never really looked like scoring. I thought Russell Pond was our best player, he does seem to have an appetite for the game but overall IMO we are probably in about the right place in the league for the football we are playing and we really need to get it sorted quickly.

One shot on target all game when Billy should have squared the ball to Baker but chose to try and beat their keeper from an acute angle and that was it. No other attempts on target and rarely threatened. Only Bognor below us now and immediate action (new players/manager or both) is needed cos we simply arent good enough in a league that apart from Dartford is the most average its been in years.

The tactics from the outset were a bit baffling. We played 4-3-3 but the front 3 didnt give us any width. However, we still persisted with knocking balls down the channels which none of the front 3 wanted to chase...... The only time time that changed was when Flacky came on. Why was he dropped? Isnt he our leading goalscorer this season?.....10 games and 1 win. Change the team or change the Manager before its too late.

One shot on target all game....... No other attempts on target and rarely threatened. Only Bognor below us now and immediate action (new players/manager or both) is needed cos we simply arent good enough in a league that apart from Dartford is the most average its been in years.

Awful display, a real throwback to the dross of the last two seasons. It was like Groundhog Day. There was no creativity, no spark and no confidence. There were one or two players on the pitch who (not for the first time imo) didn't want to be there and things need to be changed. Another long, hard winter is in store.

Well if there was meant to be a reaction following the Chesham performance then i guess i missed it. On the showing of yesterday we are a relegation candidate. All we ask for is some effort and i am afraid that performance left me baffled. One attempt at home is not good enough. One win out of 10 is proper Portsmouth !

Had a good conversation with Barry after and the management did acknowledge personal views on players etc so i did leave feeling better. Like that BT advert...its good to talk.

But joking aside it was a truly auful performance and the slide needs to be seriously arrested before attendances suffer too.

Yet another disappointing performance, if you can call it a performance, no passion, very few players have the commitment and desire to win, lacking confidence.

Had a good chat to Brian and Barry afterwards and I would say they are both gutted as well, they said things need to change !!! I’m not sure what they can do to build confidence and get the team playing together, I’m not suggesting a change of management (yet) but perhaps a big change of the team.

We are not going down, but now have a struggle to get out of the relegation zone, looking at our points, could need two or three wins and some luck to get clear.

Keeping the faith....... for the moment

Shocking performance, bit like having your toe nails removed with a pair of plyers. The opotomism after the pre-season game with Orient has vanished and doom & gloom has arrived. We've 10 days til the next game, and in that time we need to move on those players not cutting it and replace them with better, fitter and fresher ones. Any problems in the team need to be dealt with in that time as well. SORT IT!

The worst load of rubbish I have seen in a long while. Shocking really, the strikers are just not firing at all and the build up play to them is non existant. There seems to be no ideas at all. Brian in the programme talks about bringing in new players, yes please and hurry up is all I can say and preferably some new strikers as Flack is the only one we have who seems to be bothered, but he gets half games. Somehow Baker gets whole games and he can't run! Flackie beat him to the ball and he was running from half the pitch away!

Complete dross.

Yes Brian & Barry might be good blokes and gutted but we the fans were here before they were manager and will be here after they leave. I want to see results and don't care if the manager is an arrogant, know it all who don't talk to a soul, long as he gets results. We had the same thing last season, when we were told that the management was approachable and were gutted, I just don't care, I want results!!!

Changes are needed in the player front and quickly. I would like to think that Statham has the ability to change things but on yesterdays team sheet (dropping your top scorer) I am starting to wonder!!

10 days and counting.

I thought we started out quite brightly on Saturday but as soon as Ashford scored, you could see our heads go down and shoulders droop. There doesn't appear to be anyone in the team that can pull the team up and get it playing at times like these...there appears to be a lack of leadership on the pitch, which isn't good.

I've never felt so depressed as I did after the game and when one supporter came out and told me we were now 2nd from bottom, I thought "well, now we're in trouble". With a mind to the Bognor game coming up in three weeks time, I can't see what can happen to change things. We all want new players but that is an easy call for us to make. As far as I can see, before that happens, we have to make space in the budget...and it'll take longer than 10 days, IMO. 10 days may be a long time in someones book but to me it still smacks of quick fix, which may come back to bite us still.

I think we will have to go through a period of keeping the best of what we have and re building a team for survival and for the future and that will take time as well as a few more results like Saturday, if it's to be done properly. We've seen where "quick fixes" have got us over the last two seasons...Time for some very tough choices to be made and I'm sure they will be made.

Another change of management does the club no favours (IMO) and from what I have seen, Brian and Barry do have the "chops" but are just as effected by the teams performance as we and the players are. Confiedence (or a lack of it) does strange things to performance. Players and managers alike, who one day, can be on top of their game, can be the worst of the worst when confiedence is low and what I saw on Saturday was more to with confiedence than a lack of ability.

Someone said that now is the time that our management team, Brian and Barry, show what they can do...in a way I agree but why does it always have to when we are struggling...surely a managers job is tough at all times...but all the more rewarding when they get it right. I'm hoping, over the next month, they do get it right.

..'It was wasnt much worse that than this than when it was bad last season'

Try saying that when yer peed ! :drinkies:

Haha! I was mate! Funny thing is, it read ok on Saturday night :)

..'It was wasnt much worse that than this than when it was bad last season'

Try saying that when yer peed ! :drinkies:

Haha! I was mate! Funny thing is, it read ok on Saturday night :)

You were lucky, I couldn't even READ come Saturday night !!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:

You were lucky, I couldn't even READ come Saturday night !!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Disgraceful carry on if i may say so.

Shame about Saturday but as i was not there i wouldn't even consider commenting on the performance or the result.

But i now know why my call was not returned :492: