Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Assessors/Refs Marks

Smudge

Refs.Assessors are paid £10 plus mileage for every game they do.This is paid for by way of Surrey F.A. from monies allocated by the F.A. But a more damning indictment is that it costs Clubs nothing to complain to the relevant authority,if they mark him/her 40 or below.Just I presume a lot of paperwork,and a reasoned case as to why the mark was so low,not just because they lost.So us as supporters should not moan at poor Officials,it's club secretaries who need to take up the mantle,to improve the standard,that's if they want the standard improved of course.Badshot Lea complained about a Ref. recently,did Camberley,how do I know I asked.

BT,

As a former club secretary, I can advise that I/we the club felt it only worthwhile on 3 or 4 occasions over 5 1/2 years the need to report a match official, knowing the job load the secretary has, it has to be for a very good reason, as our beloved leader states you get the officials for the level your at !!!

I don't see referees complaining about the poor shot / pass / header / player miles offside that he see's in every game but we all like to have our moan up about the kent in black, don't get me wrong I've certainly moaned about a decision or 2 in my time :discobanana: but have also taken more time to speak to officials & assessors to understand their point of view and also that the kent in black can't see everything :wtf:

BT,

As a former club secretary, I can advise that I/we the club felt it only worthwhile on 3 or 4 occasions over 5 1/2 years the need to report a match official, knowing the job load the secretary has, it has to be for a very good reason, as our beloved leader states you get the officials for the level your at !!!

I don't see referees complaining about the poor shot / pass / header / player miles offside that he see's in every game but we all like to have our moan up about the kent in black, don't get me wrong I've certainly moaned about a decision or 2 in my time :discobanana: but have also taken more time to speak to officials & assessors to understand their point of view and also that the kent in black can't see everything :wtf:

Teflon

As a current club secretary of a mainly youth club (36 youth teams & 2 adult teams) I would agree with your sentiment entirely. You gain far more by engaging with the officials in a civilised manner at every level (only once would he not even discuss a decision and on that occasion - I felt compelled to write a report) but the work that is involved as secretary is far greater than most realise. It is also the club secretary that is requested to attend the hearing when a player calls for a personal hearing - and when you multiply that by the number of players in the club - more time out of your already diminshed time with the family (not that that is a bad thing sometimes).

Football is all about opinions. every person on the field (and in the stand - or by the burger bar) will have differing opinions about what they have seen depending on where they are standing. This is what makes football what it is today.