Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash v AFC Wimbledon

VPCTFC

Surrey Senior Cup this week.

Ash play AFC Wimbledon on Tuesday. The Dons have got a nice little interview with Matt Everard on their website - http://www.afcwimble...22&news_id=4584

Funnily enough - the headline on the website is 'Ash Ash Ash United'.

If the Ash Burberry boys with their smoke bombs turn up as well then it should make for a good atmosphere.

The winners play the winners of Croydon v Camberley which is being played on Wednesday so, purely for financial reasons, I hope AFC Wimbeldon win and Camberley beat Croydon. 3-400 punters paying £6 a piece at Kingsmeadow = a few quid for the away side even after all the spurious expenses have been taken out.

I would expect the team to be a mixture of fringe first teamers and reserves/youngsters. Should be a reasonable side, but we've had a shocking record in this cup and the London Senior Cup fielding such line-ups over the last two or three years! Hope the weather doesn't scupper the fixture....

Game on after pitch inspection, although it is currently raining lightly in Farnborough.

Dons team as confirmed on official site (those I consider first teamers I have bolded):

"We will be playing 4-3-3 and we are putting out a very strong team. The defence is Jack Turner, Sam Hatton, Charlie Clark-Gleave, Quincy Rowe and Derek Duncan;

The midfield will consist of Elliott Godfrey, Kennedy Adjei, and Ricky Wellard. Up front will be Peter Rapson, Ross Montague and Luis Cumbers.

"The five subs are Ryan Jackson, Matty Harmsworth, Callum Dunne, Charlie Girdler and Tommy Rose - all drawn from the reserves and youth teams who have been recommended to me by Marcus Gayle, Mark Robinson and Russell Harmsworth.

Game on after pitch inspection, although it is currently raining lightly in Farnborough.

Dons team as confirmed on official site (those I consider first teamers I have bolded):

"We will be playing 4-3-3 and we are putting out a very strong team. The defence is Jack Turner, Sam Hatton, Charlie Clark-Gleave, Quincy Rowe and Derek Duncan;

The midfield will consist of Elliott Godfrey, Kennedy Adjei, and Ricky Wellard. Up front will be Peter Rapson, Ross Montague and Luis Cumbers.

"The five subs are Ryan Jackson, Matty Harmsworth, Callum Dunne, Charlie Girdler and Tommy Rose - all drawn from the reserves and youth teams who have been recommended to me by Marcus Gayle, Mark Robinson and Russell Harmsworth.

WELL THANKS TRS, NOW I'M IN A QUANDARY !

I'VE JUST BEEN ON MOLESEYFC WEBSITE/FORUM TO CHECK IF THEIR SSC GAME AGAINST RYMAN OPPOSITION GODALMING IS ON WHICH IT IS, SO WHERE DO I GO ASH, EPSOM (BANSTEAD) OR MOLESEY ? TRS I TAKE IT YOU'RE GOING TO ASH SO WILL YOU BE FILMING THE GAME TONIGHT ?

TRS I TAKE IT YOU'RE GOING TO ASH SO WILL YOU BE FILMING THE GAME TONIGHT ?

I had planned to NG, but I seemed to be starting a bout of manflu and have felt really rough today so will reluctantly stay indoors. :violin:

I trust the evening off has improved your health, TRS !

:chloenurse: