Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Berks & Bucks CountY Cup

Was an easy 3-0 win for New Bradwell in the end, Bucks CC I thought would have been sterner opposition but in truth Bradwell never needed to hit top gear.

Guess it was a shame that both Holmer Green and Aston Clinton were removed from the competition as they both have had very good seasons, then again Bradwell and Padbury were last season so in a way Bradwell got in the end no more than thy deserved.

Shame indeed, in my honest opinion I feel we would have been lifting that trophy yesterday if we hadn't been removed and i'm sure Holmer Green are feeling the same..

Was an easy 3-0 win for New Bradwell in the end, Bucks CC I thought would have been sterner opposition but in truth Bradwell never needed to hit top gear.

Guess it was a shame that both Holmer Green and Aston Clinton were removed from the competition as they both have had very good seasons, then again Bradwell and Padbury were last season so in a way Bradwell got in the end no more than thy deserved.

Shame indeed, in my honest opinion I feel we would have been lifting that trophy yesterday if we hadn't been removed and i'm sure Holmer Green are feeling the same..

why were those two teams removed

why were those two teams removed

We played a player who had played in the FA Cup put him on all the team sheets through out all the rounds with out realising . Berks and Bucks didn't notice until New Bradwell pointed it out before our Semi Final with them. Shame they didn't contact us direct as we would have left him out of the Semi but I guess they knew they would get an easy route to the final (sure we would have done the same) as they had to replay the team we had thumped 4-1 in the Quarters.

Edited by Talc

Talc - Kentish Town did exactly the same thing to Mauritius Sports to get them thrown out of the FA Vase earlier in the season after they had beaten Eton Manor, it's a poor show when Club's do that sort of thing and I'm surprised at New Bradwell St Peter

Talc - Kentish Town did exactly the same thing to Mauritius Sports to get them thrown out of the FA Vase earlier in the season after they had beaten Eton Manor, it's a poor show when Club's do that sort of thing and I'm surprised at New Bradwell St Peter

Well guess that's what happens, it's our own fault really.

Talc - I doubt Mr and Mrs Haynes knew about the situation as they are decent people and wouldn't have been party to getting another Club thrown out of the competition

Talc - I doubt Mr and Mrs Haynes knew about the situation as they are decent people and wouldn't have been party to getting another Club thrown out of the competition

It was thier secretary but I would never say that he aimed to get us thrown out, he just asked the Berks and Bucks a question that he knew the answer to already. So he knew what the outcome would be.

It was thier secretary but I would never say that he aimed to get us thrown out, he just asked the Berks and Bucks a question that he knew the answer to already. So he knew what the outcome would be.

jojo - whats the story for next season now with Aston.........you really want to be pushing on after that great year?

jojo - whats the story for next season now with Aston.........you really want to be pushing on after that great year?

Don't know yet we're waiting on Malc and Mark

Don't know yet we're waiting on Malc and Mark

Think somebody's answered for me!!

Talc is that good or bad news??

Hi Monkeymonkey- Relating to what ?

Hi Monkeymonkey- Relating to what ?

JoJo said they are waiting on you and mark as to what happens next season..................good or bad news from you?

I think it would be a waste if you guys didnt have another season together and push for promotion!?

What are your thought?

Ref Off Ref - I understand that Steve Tucker has severed ties with New Bradwell St Peter, you kept that one quiet

Ref Off Ref - I understand that Steve Tucker has severed ties with New Bradwell St Peter, you kept that one quiet

Changing the topic are we rhodes????????????? At least give Talc and chance to reply!

Guess in a way it is a shame the manner in which it came about, but whether Secretaries are aware or not of certain players having played in another Cup competition if a third party can find out the answer then maybe they should have in the first place.

Am not saying cheating was involved, maybe a lack of communication on their part, the end result though is that two good footballing sides who could have won the competition were both removed, that's the crying shame of it all.

My son, so myself included, have not been part of the Bradwell set up for a couple of months, but it was posted in the local press that Steve has work commitments so unfortunately had to step down, so in a way Saturday's result for him was a good way to sign off....who the replacement will be is not as yet known.

Guess in a way it is a shame the manner in which it came about, but whether Secretaries are aware or not of certain players having played in another Cup competition if a third party can find out the answer then maybe they should have in the first place.

Am not saying cheating was involved, maybe a lack of communication on their part, the end result though is that two good footballing sides who could have won the competition were both removed, that's the crying shame of it all.

Ref Off Ref- There was certainly no cheatiing on our side as we had put him on the team sheet for all the games. It's just a shame that the Berks and Bucks didn't use a small amount of common sense, as we were so far into the tournament just to replay the game against Great Windsor again. What also really annoys me is that it was only highlighted a week before the semi, some weeks after the Quater Final against Great Windsor. In my opinion this made a total mockery of the competition from that point on.

who the replacement will be is not as yet known.

Can you see Steve Orchard returning to the Club