Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Berks & Bucks CountY Cup

Can it be kept to footie this topic as last one looked like 'last man standing' syndrome.

So quezzie to Rhodes, last weekends Intimediate results, do you have any news on the draw for the last 16 by any chance?

RefOffRef - You could always ask on the another site as some anorak should know, are you a member

Can it be kept to footie this topic as last one looked like 'last man standing' syndrome.

So quezzie to Rhodes, last weekends Intimediate results, do you have any news on the draw for the last 16 by any chance?

The round 4 matches involving SSML clubs have been on Mitoo a few days now - see 9th Jan.

• 2 weeks later...

RefOffRef - Should New Bradwell St Peter get past Aylesbury Reserves on 9 January I don't see any reason why you shouldn't go on and lift the trophy:

Berks & Bucks FA Intermediate Cup 4th Round

Aylesbury Dynamos v Aston Clinton (1.30pm)

New Bradwell St Peter v Aylesbury Reserves (3.00pm)

Pitstone & Ivinghoe v Bucks CC (1.30pm)

Wokingham & Embrook v Padbury United (1.30pm

Old Challoners v Windsor Great Park

Newbury v Olney Town

Faringdon Town v Steeple Claydon

Bletchley Manor v Sandhurst Town Reserves

Sounds like the Chairmans dreaded vote of confidence, trust me Aston Clinton and Padbury wouldn't be pushovers and Steeple Claydon, although only North Bucks were last seasons beaten finalists.

RefOff Ref - I don't believe the competition is pre-drawn so if you beat Aylesbury Reserves and avoid Aston Clinton, Padbury and Steeple Claydon you'll at least be in the semi final, I can see why you were so delighted to see the back of Holmer Green.

Personally I wish Holmer Green had stayed in as we had 2 good games against them this season, however ourselves and Padbury got the boot last season which might account why the Final wasn't as strong as it say should have been

RefOffRef - I think those threads are deleted now which is a shame but I had to smile at how seriously Holmer Green took it when they thought your Club were behind them being unceremoniously expelled from the competition. They should have been jumping for joy as they're currently sitting pretty at the top of Division , eight points clear of the third placed team as Bedford Town Reserves can't go up, the last thing they need is the Berks & Bucks County Cup

• 3 weeks later...

These ties involving SSML Club's will now take place on Saturday 16 January, weather permitting:

Wokingham & Embrook v Padbury United (1.30pm)

• 2 weeks later...

These ties involving SSML Club's will now take place on Saturday 16 January, weather permitting:

Looks like Aston won 4 nil at the weekend in this comp!

Quarter Final Draw

Bucks CC v Sandhurst Town Res

Wokingham & Embrook v Faringdon Town

Aston Clinton v Windsor Great Park

Newbury v New Bradwell St Peter

Edited by Talc

Quarter Final Draw

You guys should be winning that!

What do you think of your chances?

monkeymonkey8, don't dismiss the magnificent Windsor Great Park FC. They trounced Old Challoners in the 'Battle of the right posh B@st@rds" in the last round of the Berks & Bucks Intermediate Saturday Cup.

I believe Her Majesty has invested heavily in the team that plays in her back yard and apparently was to be seen waving her knickers in the air when the winning goal was biffed into the net to defeat those poncy bourgeois Challonians on Saturday.

The Old Challoners Latin motto is "To the stars through difficulties".

Well they can shove that up their pretentious arses......come on the mighty Great Windsor Park!

Quarter Final Draw

You guys should be winning that!

What do you think of your chances?

There are some strong sides left in it from higher leagues (e.g New Bradwell St Peter) but we will have a go that's all we can do!! Have to get past the Queen and her team first!

Report from Tatler magazine:

Windsor great park 1 Challoners 0.

Attendance: the Royal family and attendants.

Food; roasted swan burgers.

Windsor handed a debut to their new overseas signing King Juan Carlos of Spain, and it was of Spain who created the winning goal.

Of Spain picked up the ball on the halfway line and dinked it into the channel, finding the Duke of Salisbury. Salisbury pulled the ball back to Monty Hitler-Churchill, whose pinpoint cross found the head of Herne the hunter. The hunter duly buried the ball in the bottom corner, beating the keeper all ends up. It was a classy finish from the mythical portent of doom.

Her Majesty was in attendance, happily chatting to fellow spectators about onion bags, sunshine, and hay.

The game was held up for several minutes while a replacement linesman was readied. The original linesman having been accidentally blasted in the face with a blunderbus after erroneously chalking off a Windsor goal for offside.

Sydney, thank you for posting that report, a very interesting interpretation of the match.

I've never been a big fan of mythological beasts in English football, I'm not convinced that their temperament is suited to our style of football, and they can sometimes go missing in the 'big game.' Robinho at Man.City springs immediately to mind.

Herne the Hunter, however, looks like a fine acquisition for Great Windsor Park, and as long as he can get his head right for the Aston Clinton game I'm sure he'll cause them problems at the back. Notwithstanding his work commitments as I believe he has to be up early to do a shift at B&Q.

I understand the Queen will be in attendance again with her Union Jack knickers at the ready, although the linesman who was dispatched with uncompromising swift in the previous round will be giving the game a swerve.

I think we could be looking at a vintage year for the Berks & Bucks Intermediate Saturday Cup.

tiger.jpg

• 1 month later...

Aston Clinton 4 v 1 Windsor Great Park

Newbury 0 v 3 New Bradwell

Think the Semi Final has thrown the two South Midland clubs together, not sure of the date or who got the homa advantage, but it does guarentee a Spartan South Midlands club in this seasons Final....Clever the way i worked that one out!!!!

• 1 month later...

Good luck to New Bradwell St Peter tomorrow in the Berks & Bucks FA Intermediate County Cup Final against Bucks CC at Stratford Fields tomorrow afternoon, not sure why it's a 3.30 kick off and not 3.00:

Berks & Bucks FA Intermediate Cup Final

Bucks CC v New Bradwell St Peter (at Buckingham Athletic, 3.30)

Many congratulations to New Bradwell St Peter for comfortably lifting the Berks & Bucks FA Intermediate County Cup this afternoon:

Berks & Bucks FA Intermediate County Cup Final

0 3 Bucks CC v New Bradwell St Peter

Attendance 212

Was an easy 3-0 win for New Bradwell in the end, Bucks CC I thought would have been sterner opposition but in truth Bradwell never needed to hit top gear.

Guess it was a shame that both Holmer Green and Aston Clinton were removed from the competition as they both have had very good seasons, then again Bradwell and Padbury were last season so in a way Bradwell got in the end no more than thy deserved.