Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A Brief Account

Trentender

Taken from www.knaphillfootballclub.co.uk

Following Knaphill's 4-0 win over local rivals Westfield on Tuesday night, Woking News & Mail Sports Sports Editor Clive Youlton was in attendance and below is his very brief view of the match.

ANYBODY watching Knaphill on Tuesday night will be wondering just how they have managed to be so below-par with such quality.

Bob Pritchard’s men were simply scintillating as they tore Westfield apart in the second half, having led through Craig Parrington’s goal on the stroke of half time.

Knaphill had the game wrapped up 15 minutes into that second period, with Ricky Hogsden and the superb Matt Baker on target, before a Baker penalty made it four. Frankly, it could have been eight and both strikers were guilty of poor finishing.

“Westfield were gone after quarter of an hour of the first half and couldn’t cope with our football even though our first goal came at a good time for us,” said Knaphill boss Pritchard. “The scoreline was a better reflection of the play later on.”

Westfield boss Dave Robson, who gave a debut to Adam Yates, mused: “We hung on well in the first half despite their possession.

“I couldn’t fault my lads’ commitment but the difference was in their quality. They outplayed us in the second half and it makes you wonder how they have got a team like that together.

“They are a much better team than Staines Lammas who beat us on Saturday. And their back four was on a different level to the one we faced earlier this season.”

My names Adam Watts not bloody Adam Yates!!! FFS duuuuurr some reporter!!

Sorry NLN just seen it on your site however youmight want to change' Ian Savages side' to 'Bob Pritchard's side'! or are you on a wind up? :smashfreakb:

Ha I just saw that. Sound like Sav is the Daddy at Knaphill :bigshock:

Sorry NLN just seen it on your site however youmight want to change' Ian Savages side' to 'Bob Pritchard's side'! or are you on a wind up? :smashfreakb:

opps typo........ however on that subject i've been reliably informed that BP does absolutely nothing and it's all down to Sav......Now being in the position your in i dont expect you to comment but thats also the belief of a lot of other clubs

( and going on Wed what a fine job he's doing too )

Without going into too much detail of course Sav does have a influence and say at Knaphill but you would expect that from the experience he has had at most senior levels and besides he is the player coach.

However BP IS the Gaffer and he does all his talking in the dressing room, before, half time and full time with the final decision coming from BP as you would expect.

NLN you should know that being involved at management level at Westfield and without being picky i dont see Dave Robson out and about doing warm ups etc.

When Sav does not play he leads from the line alongwith me as both of us are loud and proud!

There was even a rumour floating round that i control things at Knaphill....I did when i was manager 3 years ago but it still sticks and yes i have done a lot for the club on and off the pitch since our rise from Intermediate football, alongwith with others.

But it all my years at Knaphill (15) BP and IS have been the best coaches we have had at the club and we are very lucky to have them. Its not what you know its who you know as they say and they have both been instrumental in bringing decent players to the club over the last couple of years. Sav training alongwith BP is top notch and i don't think anyone at CCL Premier or Div One would say no to both there services, don't forget he(Sav) coached at Godalming Town and Hartley Wintney aswell as Bisley, Farnborough etc etc As for BP, Chertsey Town, Walton & Hersham, Hampton & Richmond etc etc. They also have had decent playing careers at semi-pro and professional level.

Hope that clears that up!

as for me, I'm out, loud and proud! :discobanana:

Hope that clears that up! :smilewinkgrin:

Fixed you big poof!!! :bootyshake:

Edited by Wattsy