Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What a joke ref !

Basil-Don

The game between Rayleigh Town v Ongar was abandoned yesterday after 85 minutes after Rayleigh had 4 players sent off.

After playing and watching non league football for over 40 years I have never seen such terrible decisions made by a Ref in all that time,there was not one bad foul throughout the game and it was played in good spirit by both teams.

Asking him after the game why he had sent the players off he explained that if a lino complained to him about a player they had to go,he gave one example that a player had called the lino BASIL FAWLTY and thats the reason he was sent off.

I know they referee for fun and that without them there would be no football but surely they should use some common sense in making these decisions as all 4 were straight reds with no yellows being dished out..Sadly he ruined a perfectly good game of football.

I believe that the rules state a team cannot continue when they go down to 7 players.

The laws state that there must be a minimum of seven players on one side for the game to carry on.

So if that's the case, then the ref should be in the dock too for not knowing the laws...

Yes you are right Coup,in that case I think the game should be replayed.

Yep, FIFA "Laws of the Game" (Page 15) states...

"A match is played by two teams, each consisting of not more than eleven players, one of whom is the goalkeeper. A match may not start if either team consists of fewer than seven players".

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lawsofthegameen.pdf