Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Borehamwood 2 Town 0

Borehamwood were well marshalled by Steve Browne and were a credit to him. The team just lost their game 1 - 0 to Rushden and Diamonds earlier in the week so were desperate for a goal against town and it was a messed-up clearance that gave hem the ball in a dangerous position that got their first goal.

I derived great pleasure from the game in watching the new boys start to build an understanding within their new roles.

No player was overawed and each played to the best of their abilities. We lost but gave a good account of ourselves and we did enough to put a warning shot (if any were needed) across the bow of any ESL team that we will be there in contention this season. For me we are not yet better than last season (like some say) but hey we have only played two friendly games in the new season.

Player of the game for me was the "Ghostbuster" Tommy Morgan who came to Borehamwood to lay to rest the ghost of last years friendly where he received a double fracture. He did not just lay it to rest but dispatched it with great skill and dexterity in the seering heat. Well done Tommy.

Couldn't agree more.

Tommy had a good game out there on the wing. I thought he was superb after the interval.

All of the new lads look good and it was nice to see Andy Car and Keke St Hilaire mix it with the big boys towards the end.

Another tough one on Tuesday night, I expect 'Stortford to knock our lads into shape one way or another!!

I too liked watching Andy Carr and Kiki (as the guy on the microphone called him). Both are growing in confidence and starting to show what they are capable of.

I'm still trying to get used to the new back 4 line-up.

I'm sure Saint is retired but I'll be surprised if he didn't turn out on the odd occasion when we are short-handed.

For me we acquitted ourselves quite well....

For the first twenty minutes we matched them with Matty and Tommy causing problems.....

At the back we looked quite good.....Alan Fenn organising the troops.....and building a good understanding with Graham Hall.....

I do agree that we need another forward......

Peter does well...but in my opinion does lack a bit of physical presence....(saying that he was up front by himself...!)

Early days......and we do have Kevin Riley, The two Bradleys, Rids and Stuart Snowdon to come back in......If these players were avaiable then I think we could have beaten Boreham Wood...

Overall well done lads

Anyway..on to Tuesday........