Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content



Recommended Posts



Thursday 11th March 2010 – Capital League






HFC – Michael Bowditch – Tom Steven – James Barlow – Connor Halsey – Rickie Hayles – Lewis Bickford – Tambeson Eyong – Herve Botshebe – Mervin Abraham – Pascal Maillard – Joe Pattison – subs – Ryan Kaylor for Steven 75 – Jack Joy for Hayles 67 – Dean Roberts




HT – Callum Horton – Elliott Green – Steven McNamara – Joe Corrie – Sam Weaver – Michael Gilddon – Craig Packer – Sirak Soloman – Craig Charles © - Warren Greaves – Lorenz Ferrari – subs Rakeem Dixon for Packer 63 – Jason Hardy for Greaves 83 – Bradley Byfield for Weaver 53




Scorers – Maillard 19, Maillard 69p, Joy 76, Botshebe 83p


Bookings – Soloman 71 (HT) – Botshebe 71 (H)


Referee – D. Axcell


Duration 46.35 + 47.04


Attendance 23


Weather – 5 degrees, clear, wind speed 5 mph


Colours – H – red and white stripes / white / red


HT – all white.








Hornchurch kicked towards the windmill end, and neither side was able to create any clear cut chances, until in the 19th minute Tambeson Eyong gathered the ball in midfield from a Tom Steven pass and set off along the right, before sending over a good cross for PASCAL MAILLARD to head firmly into the net. Eyong sent another dangerous centre into the middle and Mervin Abraham went close, whilst Tom Steven hit a left footed free kick just wide of the near post.




Hornchurch almost went two up after Joe Pattison sent a good cross in from the left, and Eyong saw his shot blocked on the line. Pattison then put in a good shot which skimmed the post, and Tom Steven put over a high centre which dropped onto the bar. Hornchurch had to withstand some pressure from Harlow in the second half, and Michael Bowditch made two good saves, from Craig Charles and Lorenz Ferrari, but Hornchurch retaliated with a good run by Eyong who moved in from the left and his shot was well saved by Callum Horton, who a few minutes later had to race yards out of his area to kick clear when Abraham was put clear.




Abraham then turned a good pass inside to Herve Botshebe whose goal bound shot hit a defender, and Hornchurch increased their lead when Eyong came in from the right and was brought down. PASCAL MAILLARD calmly converted the penalty. Ryan Kaylor came on and had a hand in the third goal when his long throw caused confusion in the Harlow defence and JACK JOY neatly slotted the ball home. The fourth goal came from another penalty after Herve Botshebe was brought down, and it was HERVE BOTSHEBE who stepped forward to hammer the penalty home.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...