Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Knaphill for the Div 1 title..????

Can they come from 12th at Christmas to win the title...??? Has any other team in the CCL done this before?

Personnally I wouldn`t bet against them.

Its good to hear that someone thinks it is possible, inmyday! Its a big ask to win the title, i think Mole Valley are probably in the strongest position, but we have them to play, Cobham and Farnham twice, so if we can get through those, you never know! Teams around us seem to be dropping points recently, i.e Hartley, Staines and Worcester Park. Having said that, still wouldnt rule out Bedfont for a push either.

Reckon its going to go down to the last couple weeks of the season but we've been defensively solid since the turn of the year with some consistency in the side, our strikers have been doing the business and so if we keep playing how we have been...you never know!

But, thanks for the vote of confidence....

Can they come from 12th at Christmas to win the title...??? Has any other team in the CCL done this before?

Personnally I wouldn`t bet against them.

I will be preparing some stats in the near future regarding the Div1 'Race to the Title', but in the meantime:

Max Points achievable if Knaphill win all their remaining matches

Knaphill's maximun points with winning their last 10 games is 87.

So the magic number is 88 points. Who can get there!!!

Mole Valley 96

Cobham 88

(Knaphill) 87

Staines Lammas 87

Farnham Town 87

Bedfont Sports 87

South Park 84

Hartley Wintney 81

However this changes when you take into account the games Knaphill have to win against these clubs!

Mole Valley 93

(Knaphill) 87

Staines Lammas 87

Cobham 85

South Park 84

Bedfont Sports 84

Hartley Wintntey 81

Farnham Town 81

This of course does not take into account these teams playing each other and lossing/gaining points.

I will attempt to provide further updates over the weekend.

Edited by The KnapMeister

So far they are definatly the team of 2010. Some stunning performances and when they needed to they've grinded out reslults. I wasn't there but from talking to Mr Freeman alot and seeing all their results, I think (in my opinion) they're best result so far had to be the late 1-0 win away at Hartley Wintney and add being down to ten men after 12 minutes.

I think they'll finish top three but I think Mole Valley will just sneak it!

That's what I think anyway, but what do I know :smilewinkgrin:

I think that result against us gave them so much momentum - as you say wattsy being down to 10 men so early and coming away with 1-0. Id rather them finish in the top 3 as they play good football- decent facilities too. Strange they couldnt buy a win at home before xmas. i think its pretty much the same team aswell - correct me if im wrong Milesy - Knap M.

I think that result against us gave them so much momentum - as you say wattsy being down to 10 men so early and coming away with 1-0. Id rather them finish in the top 3 as they play good football- decent facilities too. Strange they couldnt buy a win at home before xmas. i think its pretty much the same team aswell - correct me if im wrong Milesy - Knap M.

I can indeed correct you Brunty! We weren't playing the same back 4 for 2 games in a row before Christmas, we werent putting out the same 11 players and we werent playing a consistent formation, which is the reason I think we started poorly. With the title as open as it is, its frustrating that we did start so poorly because if you take out our losses to Frimley Green, draw against Cresent on the opening day and hidings from Staines, South Park and Hartley at home, the table would have looked a better sight for us now!

But, we got a couple of defenders in, couple of other additions to the squad and began to play the same 11 week in week out and i think that was the turning point, with a hard fought 1-1 draw at South Park on the 2nd Jan.

The Hartley game was bizarre, were on the back foot for a lot of the game playing with 10 men, but defensively, figured out how to play the 'front 3' for Wintney and the strategy worked perfectly, but admittedly, we were fortunate to come away with the 3 points!

Like they say though Milesy, you make your own luck in football :smilewinkgrin:

I can indeed correct you Brunty! We weren't playing the same back 4 for 2 games in a row before Christmas, we werent putting out the same 11 players and we werent playing a consistent formation, which is the reason I think we started poorly. With the title as open as it is, its frustrating that we did start so poorly because if you take out our losses to Frimley Green, draw against Cresent on the opening day and hidings from Staines, South Park and Hartley at home, the table would have looked a better sight for us now!

But, we got a couple of defenders in, couple of other additions to the squad and began to play the same 11 week in week out and i think that was the turning point, with a hard fought 1-1 draw at South Park on the 2nd Jan.

The Hartley game was bizarre, were on the back foot for a lot of the game playing with 10 men, but defensively, figured out how to play the 'front 3' for Wintney and the strategy worked perfectly, but admittedly, we were fortunate to come away with the 3 points!

IMO I think this is a major reason for any teams that don't show consistent form, esp at this level. We had a very settled team/squad/formation when we went on our long unbeaten run before Xmas (something like 15 league games). Since the turn of the year we certainly haven't had that same consistency and it has shown with the amount of points we have dropped.

i wonder how that long winter break effected some teams - jurgs - Hartley and Cobham have struggled since !! some players just lost interest from not playing for so long - players getting unfit etc... might have had the oppisite effect on other teams!

Boring div 1 teams. Cant we talk about the exciting premier division!! All this chit chat about crappy div 1, step 6, most cant enter the fa cup bollox is getting me down!!

Awaits huge chomp..........

I'll never bite to you JJ :discobanana: