Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Piercey...Egham keepeer...

Weeble

Why is it wherever this man goes it breds sucess...BG won this league because of him and the Egham manager has stated that his BIG influence is why Egham are doing so well...I for one love the big man and he will make a club a winner as he has that attitude of a winner.....need to say no more but if u can get a price on Egham next year I will be on it ...Pomroy or no Pomroy .

Why is it wherever this man goes it breds sucess...BG won this league because of him and the Egham manager has stated that his BIG influence is why Egham are doing so well...I for one love the big man and he will make a club a winner as he has that attitude of a winner.....need to say no more but if u can get a price on Egham next year I will be on it ...Pomroy or no Pomroy .

I thought it was your fitness training in July that won BG the league, now it's Pearcy, just maybe it was because we actually had a decent TEAM that played to a system very well at times :)

Re the big man, have a lot of time for him, did a great job at BG and hope to see him back at some point in the future in some capacity. Easily in the top 3 stoppers at CCL, despite what some think about his size...I just hope ISAF doesn't come on here singing his praises, that would be embarrassing, lol.

I thought it was your fitness training in July that won BG the league, now it's Pearcy, just maybe it was because we actually had a decent TEAM that played to a system very well at times :)

Re the big man, have a lot of time for him, did a great job at BG and hope to see him back at some point in the future in some capacity. Easily in the top 3 stoppers at CCL, despite what some think about his size...I just hope ISAF doesn't come on here singing his praises, that would be embarrassing, lol.

Thats why we all love the Green Pea...By the way mate why in your opinion are BG having a bit of an indifferent season this year?

Thats why we all love the Green Pea...By the way mate why in your opinion are BG having a bit of an indifferent season this year?

A number of things imho, the step up is obvious but in the first half of the season we were coping very well, almost fearlessly but injuries to some of our key players (often unsung heros) have contributed to us failing to go the distance. As you know we have an entertaining kamikaze style about us which was fine last season but you simply cannot aford to play this way at step 4 as the teams you are up against are far more organised, the players far more intelligent and management teams more acute. I wonder how we would have fared in the Rymans, I think our style may be more suited as quite often in the Zamaretto it's more about stopping the other team and physical prowess over skill and flair, we've not got that balance right. We have been naive in other areas too, it's caught me by surprise just how much gamesmanship goes on at this level, the attempts at getting players sent off, the off the ball incidents, winding the clock down with time-wasting and taking the ball to the corners etc. Playing town clubs with their town crowds also play a part and they have definitely influenced key decisions and also lifted their team over the line when games have been tight, something we miss. It's also fair to say that the manager having to rush off to New Zealand for 8 weeks just after Xmas was also a contributing factor as we only took 13 points from a possible 54. Still, on the positive side it's a learning curve, if we finish third bottom and stay up it's the highest the club has ever achieved and we will be better prepared for next season I'm sure.

Anyway that's probably enough, this is a CCL forum after all so apologies for boring anybody reading :)

Edited by Green Pea

A number of things imho, the step up is obvious but in the first half of the season we were coping very well, almost fearlessly but injuries to some of our key players (often unsung heros) have contributed to us failing to go the distance. As you know we have an entertaining kamikaze style about us which was fine last season but you simply cannot aford to play this way at step 4 as the teams you are up against are far more organised, the players far more intelligent and management teams more acute. I wonder how we would have fared in the Rymans, I think our style may be more suited as quite often in the Zamaretto it's more about organisation and physical prowess over skill and flair, we've not got that balance right. We have been naive in other areas too, it's caught me by surprise just how much gamesmanship goes on at this level, the attempts at getting players sent off, the off the ball incidents, winding the clock down with time-wasting and taking the ball to the corners etc. Playing town clubs with their town crowds also play a part and they have definitely influenced key decisions and also lifted their team over the line when games have been tight, something we miss. It's also fair to say that the manager having to rush off to New Zealand for 8 weeks just after Xmas was also a contributing factor as we only took 13 points from a possible 54. Still, on the positive side it's a learning curve, if we finish third bottom and stay up it's the highest the club has ever achieved and we will be better prepared for next season I'm sure.ThaAnyway that's probably enough, this is a CCL forum after all so apologies for boring anybody reading :)

Thanks for your as always honest opinion GP.

GP, is Kenrick Dyer still involved with the ressies there?