Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Richard C

Lee Turner leaves????

I haven’t seen it yet either. My brother let me know form his work because he gets it there, hopefully if he reads this he’ll make a post and fill us in, because I haven’t a clue why Lee would want to leave? Just come back off holiday though so I don’t know whats been happening around the fleet!!

Brother got back to me with this - After the signing of O’reilly, Lee decided he would be the automatic number 2 and that he wanted regular football. Andy is said to be ‘upset’ by the sudden decision a week before the season begins! Although I think upset is probably not what he actually felt! We now have a Pase keeper as sub! Which is probably what has upset Andy the most! Not ideal to say the leaset!

I see Andy's let James Bent go as well. He will give Meah a run out and take a look at Steve Perkins (sorry, haven't got a clue who he is) at Canvey tonight. Leroy Huggins pulled a hamstring in training and probably will not figure which is a shame as he's still on trial and this may affect any potential signing. Andy's indicated he'll use Jake Slade from the PASE scheme as cover for the the keeper's jersey. Might even give him a run-out tonight.

Steve Perkins ex Woking and Dagenham. Midfielder. Cant we find a striker anywhere????? Why if Andy knew that Che and Wilkins were not going to stay at the club and Budge was not in his long term plans did he not tie up some deals before the end of the season for this season...Its still a bloody mess with 2 weeks to go.

Considering Lee Turner replaced Jamie Turner, this also means that the Fleet are going to have to shell out on another goalkeeping shirt. Unless there are any other keepers called Turner free...

Perkins could be quite handy, then. Is it just me, though, or do we have an abundance of midfielders? Maybe Andy's looking to play an attacking midfielder as a striker. (is Pinnock midfield or attacker?) And it's a week this Saturday before the first league game, 9 days! It's all being left a wee bit late, isn't it.

Yeh chatting to a Fleet superior that i recognised but dont know his name. he had a holdall with him. Three of us spotted him. just outside the bar to the right before the changing rooms.

Change of heart, perhaps? With Wilko out for about 6 more weeks and O'Reilly not performing, he'd be the natural no.1. Would he drop us in the brown stuff later in the season, though?

Confusing or what has Lee Turner actually gone or not? or doesn't anyone know officially,I have to say things are looking a bit iffy at the club at the moment,or is a just a case of pessimism on most peoples part,you look around and see various conf. clubs strengthening their squads,apart from the defence we seem to be standing still or at worst going backwards.

I'm hoping to attend the first 2 league matches,one week to go,i'm not confident but I want to be proved wrong.

He has gone.

We currently have Alex O'Reilly and Jake Slade as our only fit keepers.

Wilkerson is still 6 or 7 weeks away I guess.

I can't help thinking that this isn't the real reason. I'm sure Andy would have told him that this wouldn't be the case.

Perhaps someone offered him more money? We will have to wait to see where he surfaces.

Lee Turner is a fleet fan through and through. Im sure he wouldnt be bothered about an extra 30 quid a week or so if he was offered it away from us. Im sure he'd love nothing more than to finish his career at the team he supports.