Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

3 May Results

Colliers Wood 5-0 Badshot Lea

Colliers also had 2 penalties saved!

WHAT 5-0 !!!

PLEASE EXPLAIN MORE GF

Doesn't take much explaining NICE GUY - the lads played their 23rd match in the 2 months since early March and enthusiasm wanes when there is nothing to play for. Ask JJ - Coves match today was their 24th in the same timespan.

Still, only 2 more games (Wed & Thursday) this week and the season is finished :smilewinkgrin:

GF did not help playing brad smith in goal. with WATO on bench. this said wood sharp all over the pitch, dont think they have been on holiday. could have been double figures. coffee%20%282%29.gif

WHAT 5-0 !!!

PLEASE EXPLAIN MORE GF

Doesn't take much explaining NICE GUY - the lads played their 23rd match in the 2 months since early March and enthusiasm wanes when there is nothing to play for. Ask JJ - Coves match today was their 24th in the same timespan.

Still, only 2 more games (Wed & Thursday) this week and the season is finished :smilewinkgrin:

YEAH I THOUGHT AS MUCH GF, HENCE THE NEED FOR RESERVES WHICH BADSHOT BANNISHED THIS SEASON ANYWAY, AS YOU SAY SEASONS NEARLY FINISHED. HAVE BADSHOT GOT A YOUTH TEAM ? IF SO, COULDN'T YOU PLAY SOME OF THEM TO GAIN SOME EXPERIENCE THEN BEING ABLE TO REST A FEW 1ST TEAM PLAYERS?

AS USUAL, READING SOME END OF SEASON MATCH COMMENTS THEY ALL HAVE A VERY SIMILAR SOUND ABOUT THEM, NOTHING TO PLAY FOR, CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON TO FINISH ETC.,. WHILST I APPRECIATE IT HAS BEEN A VERY 'DIFFICULT' SEASON DUE THE HORRENDOUS BAD WEATHER CAUSING FIXTURE BACKLOGS, I DO WONDER IF THERE WERE PLAY-OFFS IN THIS LEAGUE, THERE WOULD BE MORE INTEREST APPLIED BY PLAYERS, MANAGERS AND CLUBS ?. DON'T GET ME WRONG, IT'S NOT A DIG AT YOU GUYS, ITS A DIG AT THE FA. SOMETHING SURELY HAS GOT TO BE DONE., EVERY SEASON, IT COMES TO NOTHING TO PLAY FOR, EVEN 2 DIV. 1 GAMES CLUBS COULDN'T GET TEAMS OUT TODAY BECAUSE THEY ARE ALREADY RELEGATED SO WHY BOTHER..... PERHAPS ?? IS THAT WE ARE THIS IS COMING TOO ?

OKAY, THIS SEASON WAS AN EXCEPTION I'M SO PLEASED TO SAY, WHICH HAS BEEN ENJOYABLE FOR THE PLAYERS, CLUBS, SUPPORTERS CONCERNED AND GROUNDHOPPERS LIKE MYSELF, IT ALMOST WENT TO THE WIRE AT BOTH ENDS OF THE LEAGUE AS OPPOSED TO FEBRUARY WHEN CHAMPIONS WERE ALREADY NOMINATED. WHEN WILL THE FA EVER GET TO GRIPS WITH THIS, I KNOW THE CCL ARE TRYING TO DO THINGS ABOUT THIS SUBJECT BUT ITS OUT OF THEIR HANDS AND VPCTFC HAS EXPLAINED THE REASONS A FEW MONTHS BACK, BUT IT'S BEYOND ME, I DO ACTUALLY FEEL FOR THE PLAYERS.

Cb 1-2 Lammas

3 points to end the season!

Farnham Town 2 - 3 Knaphill

Knaphill 3-0 @ 94 mins, then a late penalty and direct free kick make the score-line a poor reflection of the game as the Knappers now need 1 point from the last game against Cobham at Redding Way on Saturday to clinch 3rd place. Foxy, Hogsden & Davis ther scorers for the Knappers.

Frimley Green 1-4 Cobham

Another fine win for us with an even younger side than Saturday. With me in for Jurgs average age plumeted and more injurys we produced another great display to take the points. Firstly I would just say that the old saying refereeing decisions even them self up couldn't have been much truer today. We were a goal to the good when there striker nipped in and intercepted a pass back and as in to touch the ball out of play the striker just beat me to the ball and I caught the man who was completly through on goal and was pretty much walking when the ref produced a yellow. Needless to say I breathed a huge sigh of relieve.

Anyway we went into a 3 goal half time lead a scoreline that pehaps slightly flattered us with possesion pretty even and I was kept quite busy. Second half we struggled to clear the ball with a swirling wind and the ball was bouncing round all over the place but Frimley couldn't find the finish. We showed brief spells of danger including an fine move and finish that was controversially ruled out for offside. A tribute to how well we defended came when star man ruggles was substituted after barely having a kick. Frimley then pulled one back thanks to an own goal but we finished the job off late on thanks to a penalty when the Frimley keeper absolutly smashed our giant center forward inside the box, if the ref hadn't been so kind to me the keeper would have definatly been sent off. Penalty was smashed in and rounded off a good win. Now for the war on Saturday!

There was a lot of nice people at Frimley who are really trying hard to make thier improvements. Ground looked really smart compared to my last visit and wish them best of luck

Cb 1-2 Lammas

3 points to end the season!

Farnham Town 2 - 3 Knaphill

Knaphill 3-0 @ 94 mins, then a late penalty and direct free kick make the score-line a poor reflection of the game as the Knappers now need 1 point from the last game against Cobham at Redding Way on Saturday to clinch 3rd place. Foxy, Hogsden & Davis ther scorers for the Knappers.

De ja vu from last season eh meister!! Knaphill needing to win their last game!!! I think and hope you do be honest, i think over the last 2 months youve been exceptional and have got some great results, also it would be nice to get a couple of teams from the league above back in so it would freshen the league up! good luck boys!

GF did not help playing brad smith in goal. with WATO on bench. this said wood sharp all over the pitch, dont think they have been on holiday. could have been double figures. coffee%20%282%29.gif

Brad was helping out in goal- Watto nursing an injury from last Thursday :(

Again!! - Watto better be fit for next Saturday!

So Brad Smith saved two pens :bartshocked:

What happened to the other keeper?

WHAT 5-0 !!!

PLEASE EXPLAIN MORE GF

YEAH I THOUGHT AS MUCH GF, HENCE THE NEED FOR RESERVES WHICH BADSHOT BANNISHED THIS SEASON ANYWAY, AS YOU SAY SEASONS NEARLY FINISHED. HAVE BADSHOT GOT A YOUTH TEAM ? IF SO, COULDN'T YOU PLAY SOME OF THEM TO GAIN SOME EXPERIENCE THEN BEING ABLE TO REST A FEW 1ST TEAM PLAYERS?

AS USUAL, READING SOME END OF SEASON MATCH COMMENTS THEY ALL HAVE A VERY SIMILAR SOUND ABOUT THEM, NOTHING TO PLAY FOR, CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON TO FINISH ETC.,. WHILST I APPRECIATE IT HAS BEEN A VERY 'DIFFICULT' SEASON DUE THE HORRENDOUS BAD WEATHER CAUSING FIXTURE BACKLOGS, I DO WONDER IF THERE WERE PLAY-OFFS IN THIS LEAGUE, THERE WOULD BE MORE INTEREST APPLIED BY PLAYERS, MANAGERS AND CLUBS ?. DON'T GET ME WRONG, IT'S NOT A DIG AT YOU GUYS, ITS A DIG AT THE FA. SOMETHING SURELY HAS GOT TO BE DONE., EVERY SEASON, IT COMES TO NOTHING TO PLAY FOR, EVEN 2 DIV. 1 GAMES CLUBS COULDN'T GET TEAMS OUT TODAY BECAUSE THEY ARE ALREADY RELEGATED SO WHY BOTHER..... PERHAPS ?? IS THAT WE ARE THIS IS COMING TOO ?

OKAY, THIS SEASON WAS AN EXCEPTION I'M SO PLEASED TO SAY, WHICH HAS BEEN ENJOYABLE FOR THE PLAYERS, CLUBS, SUPPORTERS CONCERNED AND GROUNDHOPPERS LIKE MYSELF, IT ALMOST WENT TO THE WIRE AT BOTH ENDS OF THE LEAGUE AS OPPOSED TO FEBRUARY WHEN CHAMPIONS WERE ALREADY NOMINATED. WHEN WILL THE FA EVER GET TO GRIPS WITH THIS, I KNOW THE CCL ARE TRYING TO DO THINGS ABOUT THIS SUBJECT BUT ITS OUT OF THEIR HANDS AND VPCTFC HAS EXPLAINED THE REASONS A FEW MONTHS BACK, BUT IT'S BEYOND ME, I DO ACTUALLY FEEL FOR THE PLAYERS.

To my knowledge none of the disbanded B/L reserve players ever played for B/L first team. Very occasionally a first team squad member would play with the ressies to gain match fitness, so the disbandment had no direct bearing on the 1st team squad.

Youth team probably not the answer either - more games to fit in when pitches were unplayable for many weeks, not that B/L had another floodlit pitch on which to play midweeks!

There was an article in today's NLP regarding ways to satisfy Step 5 ambitions - bottom line is though that promote a 2nd team from each or some of the Step 5 Leagues would involve relegating 3 or more teams from each of the Step 4 Leagues - a move sure to be resisted.

As you say, this season was exceptional so now looking forward to a few weeks off before pre-season.

So Brad Smith saved two pens :bartshocked:

What happened to the other keeper?

Brad saved one - Watto went in goal for last 15 mins and saved another.

Jon Ashwood not available today

Again!! - Watto better be fit for next Saturday!

Why, anything special happening next weekend then TC? :drinkies: :290: ;)