Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hoddy Manager steps down

Taken from the Hoddesdon Town FC website

BREAKING NEWS.

At a regular meeting held last evening, the Hoddesdon Town FC Committee decided that the Club needed a change of First Team manager.

As a result, following a meeting this morning with Chairman Roger Merton, Geoff O'Vell has agreed to step down. This mutually agreed decision will take immediate effect.

After 5 full seasons at the helm, the Club wish to place on record its thanks to Geoff for all his efforts, in particular for picking the Club up from the nadir after relegation from the SSMFL Premier Division at the end of the 2004/5 season and for bringing stability to the Club.

Under Geoff's reign, the First Team won the Herts. Senior Centenary Trophy two years in succession (2007/8 and 2008/9) and kept the Club in high positions each year in Division One of the SSMFL. A successful run to the last 64 of the FA Vase was a highlight this last season. It goes without saying that Geoff will always be welcome at Lowfield.

Interviews are taking place over the next few days. Anyone interested in applying for the position should immediately contact Roger Merton at: roselands2004@tiscali.co.uk

At a regular meeting held last evening, the Hoddesdon Town FC Committee decided that the Club needed a change of First Team manager.

I think it might have been more sensible to persist with Geoff O'Vell who has done a great job

I could be wrong but Hoddesdon always seem to suffer from not being able to play at home early in the season & always seem to be playing catch up from there on. Good luck to the next guy in charge though, they're a good club.

A question to 'Honest' Horace, what price on Gary Conner becoming the next boss ?

I could be wrong but Hoddesdon always seem to suffer from not being able to play at home early in the season & always seem to be playing catch up from there on. Good luck to the next guy in charge though, they're a good club.

A question to 'Honest' Horace, what price on Gary Conner becoming the next boss ?

13/8 to you sir

Horace - What price Steve Foster

Horace - What price Steve Foster

haha very funny Clifford. I would imagine they would be very long odds as I want to achieve something with SAFC before I even contemplate leaving. I was interviewed for the post back in 2005 when I first left Buntingford & they appointed Geoff O'Vell. Looking back it was the right decision too. I wasn't ready for a Bosses job back then & learnt a hell of alot by going to Stansted as Asst.Manager.

as I want to achieve something with SAFC before I even contemplate leaving

Well I'm sure if Roger approached you and offered you the Lowfield job Loosely and Sal wouldn't see you for dust!

as I want to achieve something with SAFC before I even contemplate leaving

Well I'm sure if Roger approached you and offered you the Lowfield job Loosely and Sal wouldn't see you for dust!

somehow I think they would, you see Cliff there's this thing called loyalty & I'd like to show some to my friends who've supported me over the last season. I'm not going to apply & I wouldn't expect an approach from them. I'm perfectly happy where I am. We've got a strong squad & a good coaching staff &that's the end of it.

Surely Rhodes hasn't got a malicious motive in this Steve? Perhaps he is just concerned about your career or would like to be your agent. You could be the next Clement Temile, last seen having his feet kissed daily somewhere in North London.

:cheesy (2):

What would you say would be Cliff's favourite programme on TV when he's not counting the spectators on one hand at a home game, would it be any of the following...

1.Friends (prob the only friends he'd have)

2.To the Manor Born

3.Shameless

Answers ona postcard to Billy Nomates

Tik Tok Manor

Somewhere in London

Surely Rhodes hasn't got a malicious motive in this Steve? Perhaps he is just concerned about your career or would like to be your agent.

Loosely - I have a lot of time for Steve and he knows it

Important announcement. Following Geoff O'Vell's departure, the Club is pleased to report that Andy Crawford has been appointed Manager of Hoddesdon Town FC.

Andy will be 31 next month, and is only the eighteenth Manager to be appointed by the Lowfield based club since 1945. Despite his young age, he does have a wealth of playing and coaching experience in Non-League football, particularly at local teams such as Ware FC, and he has contact with players from Ryman League Premier Division standard downwards. Andy runs a full-time football coaching company, and in his younger days played as a 'midfield general'!

The interview panel considered Andy's appointment to be an exciting opportunity to move the Club forward, and were enthusiastic about the plans Andy had put outlined. He is as committed to the future success of the Club as are all current members.

Taken from website

Important announcement. Following Geoff O'Vell's departure, the Club is pleased to report that Andy Crawford has been appointed Manager of Hoddesdon Town FC.

Andy will be 31 next month, and is only the eighteenth Manager to be appointed by the Lowfield based club since 1945. Despite his young age, he does have a wealth of playing and coaching experience in Non-League football, particularly at local teams such as Ware FC, and he has contact with players from Ryman League Premier Division standard downwards. Andy runs a full-time football coaching company, and in his younger days played as a 'midfield general'!

The interview panel considered Andy's appointment to be an exciting opportunity to move the Club forward, and were enthusiastic about the plans Andy had put outlined. He is as committed to the future success of the Club as are all current members.

Taken from website

Good times ahead. Very excited by this.

Jonno - My guess is that Andy Crawford is still too wet behind the ears as a Manager to cut any ice at Lowfield

Jonno - My guess is that Andy Crawford is still too wet behind the ears as a Manager to cut any ice at Lowfield

Well I'll be hoping your guess is way off the mark. He's only been in the job 5 minutes & you're already judging him without having any suitable evidence. Give the guy a chance for feck's sake. He maybe young but he might have an experienced backroom team supporting him. I think most of this forum would be in agreement with with in wishing Andy Crawford good luck.

Well I'll be hoping your guess is way off the mark. He's only been in the job 5 minutes & you're already judging him without having any suitable evidence. Give the guy a chance for feck's sake. He maybe young but he might have an experienced backroom team supporting him. I think most of this forum would be in agreement with with in wishing Andy Crawford good luck.

Once again, Mr Rhodes has to comment on someone he knew nothing of before reading about him online. Good luck to Andy.

• 2 months later...

I think you might live to regret that prediction Clifford!!

Jonno - Maybe I will but it's still early days and Andy Crawford surely can't be judged as yet on a few meaningless friendlies and a narrow win at beleaguered Amersham Town

A 2-0 away win with 9 players doesn't sound narrow to me. That is a fantastic result & good luck to Hoddy.

True you can't read too much into pre-season as a form guide, but it is far from meaningless !