Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's rumours

Sorry Im new to all this CCl stuff,

What league do Coulsdon go into now that they finished bottom of div 1?

N if you win the CCL Prem do you go up again?

Just tryin to understand the format.

If you win the prem and have applied to go up by a certain date and also have the correct ground grading to be promoted then YES you go up!

Depends on their location. I would assume some Surrey elite league. There are other people on here that will know more. I'm just a big time charlie that only plays step 5 (at the moment) cos any lower is CR4P!!

Depends on their location. I would assume some Surrey elite league. There are other people on here that will know more. I'm just a big time charlie that only plays step 5 (at the moment) cos any lower is CR4P!!

haha fair enough, what is step 5?

Bedfont rumour is confirmed - they have decided to cease to exist as of now. Considering they have been going for around 100 years, it is a great shame. Bedfont Town (aka Green) and Feltham will be playing at the Orchard this coming season. There is no merger. Just shows that times are increasingly hard for most of us. I just hope the CCL do not suggest an odd number in the Premier Division, although not sure what course of action they would take. Demote or promote someone?

haha fair enough, what is step 5?

CCl premier division is known as step 5 of the football pyramid or level 9 of the football pyramid.

Step 1 is Conference National. Step 2 is Conference North and South. Step 3 is Southern, Northern Prem, Isthmian Prem. Step 4 is 2 feeder leagues into each of step 3 ie: isthmian south and isthmian north. Step 5 is feeder leagues into step 4 ie: ccl prem, wessex prem, sussex prem.

Level 1 is Premier league, Level 9 is combined counties, wessex prem etc etc

Hope that helps.

Blimey, all these steps and it is only football we are talking about.

According to the song, there are only 3 steps to heaven;

Step 1 - "you find a girl to love"

Step 2 - "she falls in love with you"

Step 3 - "you kiss and hold her tightly"

"and that sure feels like heaven to me"

I think that got to No.1!

I heard (and it was a while back) that it would be a merger but not in the tradtional sense if you know what I mean.

A merger would have meant Bedfont (Green) Town dropping down.

Would be nice if the CCL kept Coulsdon up and having 2 x 21 teams for this year unless they promote the next best ground graded side but I don't see that happening.

Bedfont rumour is confirmed - they have decided to cease to exist as of now. Considering they have been going for around 100 years, it is a great shame. Bedfont Town (aka Green) and Feltham will be playing at the Orchard this coming season. There is no merger. Just shows that times are increasingly hard for most of us. I just hope the CCL do not suggest an odd number in the Premier Division, although not sure what course of action they would take. Demote or promote someone?

Bedfont really gone?

That's a terrible shame :(

One of my favourite grounds to visit

Wow... I have never seen a Social Club close a football team down to preserve itself before! I take it it was the Social Club that started the team? Over here the Social clubs are always secondary to the team ie if there are problems, the social club would close before the football team. Strange indeed!

So this 'new' club will play at the Social Clubs ground?

It is a shame for a club like bedfont to go down the tubes,but there is a a couple reasons for it,when i played there we had to take a pay cut because some clever pratt missed a large amount income out when doing tax returns and inherited a 20,000 fine.the 2nd reason is attached to that fine,they (the bedfont board) were offered a interest free loan to pay the debt by another local football clubs chairman,in return his reserve side would play at the orchard(I'm sure someone will come on here and come on here and confirm or deny this) the bedfont board turned it down saying that there were alterior motives.

21 clubs in Premier would be wrong and this was tried at last seasons AGM but got shot down by the members, as they all agreed that the league would look second rate to have one team without a game every week.

There is talk that at least one more Premier side may struggle to keep their place due to groundshare problems, and this would potentially leave the Premier with 20 teams, which would be better than an odd number.

Whilst people may have their opinions on the Bedfont situation, and I am sure there are many factors behind the decision, but lack of funds for whatever reason is a major problem and it is something all clubs should take a long hard look at, because money has become a large influence in the CCL and I am not quite sure how most clubs fund this - certainly not through gate receipts. I know not all clubs pay players, and some do but claim not to, but some of the sums you hear of are ridiculous.

Anyway, it is definitely a shame to see Bedfont go just like that.

Sorry, need to go, have to negotiate several players contracts for another crack at the CCL!!

If no other team leaves and the Premier is at 21 teams whats the chances of Hartley Wintney being elected as the 22nd team at the League AGM ??? as their ground is up to standard prior to the dead lines a similar situation to Horley Town a few years ago