Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today's rumours

If no other team leaves and the Premier is at 21 teams whats the chances of Hartley Wintney being elected as the 22nd team at the League AGM ??? as their ground is up to standard prior to the dead lines a similar situation to Horley Town a few years ago

Did Horley not finish runners up that season i.e in a promotion place?

It teams outside the top 3 can be elected for promotion at the AGM would not Staines Lammas have an equally strong, if not stronger case?

Their groundshare arrangement was in place early in the year so they too have a ground up to standard prior to deadlines.

Whatever happens an even number of teams is a must surely?

time for clubs to merge?

epsom and ewell, chessington and hook?

dorking, bookham?

cobham, mvscr?

Id like to see a rule clubs only groundshare whilst work happens on their own grounds or emergencies.

give a club two years max groundshare, after that back to your own ground and play at whatever level you can, or merge.

If no other team leaves and the Premier is at 21 teams whats the chances of Hartley Wintney being elected as the 22nd team at the League AGM ??? as their ground is up to standard prior to the dead lines a similar situation to Horley Town a few years ago

It teams outside the top 3 can be elected for promotion at the AGM would not Staines Lammas have an equally strong, if not stronger case?

Their groundshare arrangement was in place early in the year so they too have a ground up to standard prior to deadlines.

Horley finished 4th that year

Yes could be strong arguments for Lammas to be the team promoted but I looked on the team ready prior to the deadline & who did not take a ground share to gain promotion which would be the case with Staines and against the league rules.

time for clubs to merge?

epsom and ewell, chessington and hook?

dorking, bookham?

cobham, mvscr?

Id like to see a rule clubs only groundshare whilst work happens on their own grounds or emergencies.

give a club two years max groundshare, after that back to your own ground and play at whatever level you can, or merge.

MVSCR are working on their ground, ground sharing does have its positive things, ie helping ambitious clubs who have been unlucky with attaining their own ground.You are obviously against it tsf so come down and help with the ground so we dont have to ground share!!!icon22.gif smile.gif

Clubs that finish in the top three of CCL Division One are only eligible for promotion to the CCL Premier if they have the correct grading to go up, those who don't finish in the top three and have the correct grading, try again next season!coffee%20(2).gif

Or maybe a transfer from another league ?

You say that Knappy but do not forget that Horsham YMCA finished 3rd in the Sussex Div 1 last year and still got promoted to Step 4

22 Clubs in Prem and 20 Clubs in Div 1 is my bet for next season.

wheres the ground G'dave?

Im not against clubs sharing while they sort their own ones , and I know some of your guys from Dorking, so I might do what you suggest!

its in weston green tsf, lots to do but thanks to cobham we have another year to sort it.

Horley finished 4th that year

Yes could be strong arguments for Lammas to be the team promoted but I looked on the team ready prior to the deadline & who did not take a ground share to gain promotion which would be the case with Staines and against the league rules.

Horley finished 2nd that year. They finished 5th the year before but were relegated, laughabley, because their ground was not up to spec. and were refused an extension, something the league awarded to a lot of other clubs i.e. Cobham, Colliers Wood,Chessington etc.

No Farleigh, this is the year they got promoted to CCL premier think from memory it was the last year of Surrey prem, they finished 3rd and where promoted when only top 2 were allowed at that time

Coulsdon haven't been relegated. The provisional Surrey Elite constitution for next season is on Virginia Water's website. http://http://www.vwfc.co.uk/club_news.pl?news=361481

Battersea Ironsides

Bletchingley

Burpham (promoted from Surrey County Intermediate (Western))

Crescent Rovers (voluntarily demoted from CCL1)

Croydon Greenside

Elm Grove

Epsom Athletic

Horsley

Old Rutlishians

Oxted & District

Reigate Priory

Ripley Village

Spelthorne Sports

Tooting Bec (promoted from Surrey South Eastern Combination)

Tongham

Virginia Water (promoted from Surrey County Intermediate (Western))

Teams from this season not in that list are:-

Epsom Eagles (have they called it a day because the youth section has joined up with Banstead?)

Wandgas Sports (struggled to field a side so may have resigned and dropped down a level)

Woodmansterne Hyde (finished bottom so probably relegated).

Bedfont rumour is confirmed - they have decided to cease to exist as of now. Considering they have been going for around 100 years, it is a great shame. Bedfont Town (aka Green) and Feltham will be playing at the Orchard this coming season. There is no merger. Just shows that times are increasingly hard for most of us. I just hope the CCL do not suggest an odd number in the Premier Division, although not sure what course of action they would take. Demote or promote someone?

Im very sad to hear this! but im not to surprised it has happend when i heard Bedfont Town(Green) would be ground sharing next season i did think this or some kind of merger could well happen.

Coulsdon have appealed- apparentley everythings a complete mess at higher levels with all sorts of appeals going on so the CCl cant really do anything until at least their management meeting later this month. I recknon Knaphill have half a chance of going up as the CCL Prem wont run with odd teams

Coulsdon have appealed- apparentley everythings a complete mess at higher levels with all sorts of appeals going on so the CCl cant really do anything until at least their management meeting later this month. I recknon Knaphill have half a chance of going up as the CCL Prem wont run with odd teams

Coulsdon have appealed against what?

And why won't the CCL Prem run with an odd number of teams? It has in the past.

I can't see Knaphill being allowed up unless they can get everything sorted by the AGM. It's all very well saying the lights are coming in July but what happens if something goes wrong? Originally Knaphill were aiming for March 31st as the completion date and that didn't happen.

By the way - in case anyone thinks I've got an axe to grind - I'd like to see them come up. I just don't think it'll happen.

There are all sorts of silly things going on all over the pyramid. The FA had to restructure a few things the other day due to Merthyr going tits up. And what's happening about the appeal regarding our clubs sharing at Ryman grounds?

There are still loads of unknowns to be sorted out.