Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Anyone coming up to Halifax

By a strange piece of fortune I should make the Halifax v Fleet game on the 16th August.

Under normal circumstances I would be at Boston watching the Terriers (new ground an' all that) However, my daugter is performing at the City Varieties Theatre in Leeds at 6pm on the same day and it's more than my life's worth not to be there.

Boston is easily a two hour journey from here but Halifax is only 45 minutes.

So, unless there is a change in the domestic plan that day, I'll be at the Fleet game.

I hope to see some of you there. I'll be heading for a pre-match 'brightener' at the 'Three pigeons'.

BB

See you there then?

When you arrive at the ground, The 'Three Pigeons' is left down the hill past 'The Shay' - then straight past the mini-roundabout towards the Railway Station and it's on the left. Be prepared for Taylors Hand-Pulled Championship Ales.

Cooooome Ooooooooooon Yoooooooooou Reeeeeeeeeeeeeds!

BB

Poor turnout from the Fleet faithful in the 3 pigs today..

Hung around in there for a couple hours before kick off, with only my boy and Timothy Taylor for company.

Plenty of Halifax tho' they seemed a friendly bunch, a good pub and quality ales at under 2 quid a pint .. Lets hope we are still around to revisit it again next season !

I called in there but since I don't know what you look like!

Did you sit outside or in?

I called at the pub up the road first and chatted to Mik and his mate. Soon as I said I'm from L**ds he knew who I was.

At the ground I did a very silly thing, not realising they've changed last years 'away end' to the 'home end' I inadvertently went in with the Halifax fans. Silly silly boy!

There were quite a few Halifax fans outside 3 pigeons but I went inside - sun n' beer don't mix in my view; it gives me headaches! Mind the inside was full of old 'giffers' moaning about the price of pigeon grit!

The pub up the road from the Shay (name escapes me) seemed a bit more lively, with a big screen and excellent 'Taylors Golden Best'

Yeah, the half-time score from Boston (1-0 to Boston) was met with the biggest cheer of the day, apart from when Halifax scored. I didn't know they had such a dislike for us Terriers - oh well!

BB