Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 24/25 August

Tring Athletic 3-2 Leverstock Green

OMG ! how did Tring win this one ? A very late cross from Danny Gray evaded everyone,hit the far post and sneaked in for the winner !! but for long periods of the game Tring were 2nd best to a lively Levy Green side ! Ryan Redford put Athletic ahead in the first half totally against the run of play., Steve Hatch equalised just before half time with a fantastic strike from 20 yards out . HT 1-1

Levy started brightly again in the 2nd half,going ahead when they're nippy number 9 ran thru on a mistake from the tring defence,planting the ball in the bottom corner !! Slowly but steadily Tring started to create a few chances ,Vinnie Innaone smashing in a header to make it 2-2

A decent crowd of 114,not bad for a midweek game, 5 wins out of 5 for Tring now !!! this one def a bit lucky, our first home win over Levy for 5 seasons !!!

i would of said the attendance would of been a modest 75 or so.... if thats ok of course.

My guess is that the head count actually watching the game was about 35 to 40 so if the reported attendance is 75 then you have bumped it up yet again!

i would of said the attendance would of been a modest 75 or so.... if thats ok of course.

My guess is that the head count actually watching the game was about 35 to 40 so if the reported attendance is 75 then you have bumped it up yet again!

you'll be getting bumped up when we catch up with you you horrible little thing. i can't wait till our paths eventually cross............

Here are the attendance figures from last night and a few reports:

Tuesday 24 August

Premier Division

3 1 Biggleswade United v St Margaretsbury

4 2 Colney Heath v Kentish Town

http://www.kentishtownfc.com/club_news.pl?news=396340

P Dunstable Town v Langford

1 6 Harefield United v Hanwell Town

3 1 Hatfield Town v Kingsbury London Tigers

'84'

2 1 Hertford Town v Stotfold

2 3 Hillingdon Borough v Haringey Borough

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=117067&conf=&div=

0 3 Holmer Green v Aylesbury United

1 6 Oxhey Jets v Chalfont St Peter

http://www.oxheyjets.com/index.html

3 2 Tring Athletic v Leverstock Green

Division One

4 2 Bedford v Ampthill Town

5 2 Berkhamsted v Amersham Town

http://thecomrades.wordpress.com/

1 1 Harpenden Town v London Colney

3 1 Kings Langley v New Bradwell St Peter

1 2 St Albans City Reserves v Hoddesdon Town

4 2 Sun Postal Sports v Wodson Park

0 2 Welwyn Garden City v Cockfosters

Division Two

5 2 Mursley United v Bletchley Town

4 1 Old Bradwell United v MK Wanderers

4 1 Pitstone & Ivinghoe v Caddington

2 2 Risborough Rangers v Bucks Students Union

2 2 Totternhoe v The 61 FC

0 2 Tring Corinthians v Aston Clinton

6 0 Winslow United v Kent Athletic

Tuesday 24 August

Premier Division

A brief report on this one from another's Forum, can you spot one glaring omission which seems very strange!:

THE GOSLING STADIUM

HATFIELD TOWN 3 Kingsbury London Tigers 1

Spartan South Midlands Premier

Admission £5

Programme £1

Coffee FREE

An unusual venue this one, with a Velodrome and Athletics track there is a surprisingly good view from the large concrete monstrosity that is the main stand with its bar and balcony high above forming the roof and judging by the rust and numerous scaffolding poles, not looking particularly sound

No Tea bar however hot drinks were offered from the hut on request free of charge.

A reasonably good match, even though it dragged on until 9.42pm

Tuesday 24 August

Division One

5 2 Berkhamsted v Amersham Town

A report on this one from another's Forum, I gather the attendance was 109 which fully justifies my comments about the very poor attendance at the Harpenden Town game on Saturday:

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE DIVISION 1

Berkhamsted 5-2 Amersham Town

Admission £4.00 Programme - Sold out

Half way there I had to turn round and come back as I'd forgotten the most important thing - money. I arrived 10 minutes into the game and as I feared, the programme had sold out and unlike Crawley Green a few weeks ago, I wasn't able to purloin one that had been left in the clubhouse.

Plenty of goals and one sending off - a straight red for Amersham for a two-footed tackle under the referee's nose.

Unfortunately, a large proportion of the town's juvenile pondlife seem to have latched onto the club, many of whom had probably just climbed over the fence or sneaked in through the adjoining estate of apartments. Combining this with the fact that you have to walk past the skate park (with its under-age drinkers and smokers) then it's just as well this isn't a ground I visit that often. Of course I blame the parents for allowing their kids, some of whom were probably aged only in single figures, to dress like tramps and be sad, insecure losers who can't even go to the toilet unless their mates are with them.

Tuesday 24 August

Premier Division

A brief report on this one from another's Forum, can you spot one glaring omission which seems very strange!:

THE GOSLING STADIUM

Admission £5

Programme £1

Coffee FREE

An unusual venue this one, with a Velodrome and Athletics track there is a surprisingly good view from the large concrete monstrosity that is the main stand with its bar and balcony high above forming the roof and judging by the rust and numerous scaffolding poles, not looking particularly sound

No Tea bar however hot drinks were offered from the hut on request free of charge.

surely the only way your ever going to get over this is to come and have a look yourself. you are boring me and other people by constantly going on about it. no one cares apart from you you silly old c##t. one day Rhodes one day very soon hopefully

Tuesday 24 August

Premier Division

THE GOSLING STADIUM

Admission £5

Programme £1

Coffee FREE

surely the only way your ever going to get over this is to come and have a look yourself. you are boring me and other people by constantly going on about it. no one cares apart from you you silly old c##t. one day Rhodes one day very soon hopefully

I took in this game last night. Kingsbury threw the match away after dominating the first hour, on a superb looking playing surface. Their 'keeper gifted Hatfield their second goal with a woeful kick out to a home player, then the referee added to their woes with one of those "ball to hand" penalties. All credit to Hatfield though, for their never say die spirit.

Now, to the question which has been bugging Rhodes since the first Hatfield home game! It has to be said that the only way to assess the attendance at this venue, apart from the method employed by the gate man (and woman) is to tour the whole stadium attaching stickers to people as you go! Some watch from ground level, some watch from the superb viewing gallery and some circulate in between(a long and winding staircase). I am not a fan of football at athletics stadia, and knowing that there was also a cycle racing track outside the athletics track, I was fearing the worst. However, this was the best it can get from such a stadium. The pitch is in a bowl, such that, even standing as near to pitchside as you can get, you are still several feet above the playing surface, impoving the view. Up in the viewing gallery, you can see the pitch in a Wembleyesque way not normally available in non-league. And you can have a pint which even the FA could not complain about, as you are totally out of sight of the crowd below (perhaps answering Rhodes point about the attendance figure). Another plus factor about the "bowl" is that the ball comes back when booted out of touch!

Unlike Tokyngton Manor when Rhodes was in charge of attendance figures, Hatfield report the number of people watching the game rather than the number of fivers collected. This is surely the right way to do it.

There was an excellent programme too!

Tuesday 24 August

Premier Division

THE GOSLING STADIUM

Admission £5

Programme £1

Coffee FREE

I took in this game last night. Kingsbury threw the match away after dominating the first hour, on a superb looking playing surface. Their 'keeper gifted Hatfield their second goal with a woeful kick out to a home player, then the referee added to their woes with one of those "ball to hand" penalties. All credit to Hatfield though, for their never say die spirit.

Now, to the question which has been bugging Rhodes since the first Hatfield home game! It has to be said that the only way to assess the attendance at this venue, apart from the method employed by the gate man (and woman) is to tour the whole stadium attaching stickers to people as you go! Some watch from ground level, some watch from the superb viewing gallery and some circulate in between(a long and winding staircase). I am not a fan of football at athletics stadia, and knowing that there was also a cycle racing track outside the athletics track, I was fearing the worst. However, this was the best it can get from such a stadium. The pitch is in a bowl, such that, even standing as near to pitchside as you can get, you are still several feet above the playing surface, impoving the view. Up in the viewing gallery, you can see the pitch in a Wembleyesque way not normally available in non-league. And you can have a pint which even the FA could not complain about, as you are totally out of sight of the crowd below (perhaps answering Rhodes point about the attendance figure). Another plus factor about the "bowl" is that the ball comes back when booted out of touch!

Unlike Tokyngton Manor when Rhodes was in charge of attendance figures, Hatfield report the number of people watching the game rather than the number of fivers collected. This is surely the right way to do it.

There was an excellent programme too!

Cheers Horace, a fair report. There are still a few teething problems at Gosling but will be sorted out in next few weeks! Yes we were awful 1st half and deservedly went in 1 down. Alot better after half time. We are slowly getting everyone back so im quite confident for the season. As for that silly person Rhodes, i've asked him on numerous occasions to come down and see 1st hand what we are all about but never seems to take me up on my offer, strange that!

exactely my point rhodes you are guessing. so how do you know. And why would i lie about 75 people watching a game of football (which actually turned out to be 85) what is so

hard to belive about that its hardly an astronomical figure is it. So horace has just told you first hand what it was because HE WAS THERE!!!!!

exactely my point rhodes you are guessing. so how do you know. And why would i lie about 75 people watching a game of football (which actually turned out to be 85) what is so

hard to belive about that its hardly an astronomical figure is it. So horace has just told you first hand what it was because HE WAS THERE!!!!!

Rhodes

I have to ask. What is your problem with Hatfield? Before they even played a game your making a dig at them...you make out they make up the attendance figures but from what i can make out you have never been to a game to even prove they have made up their figures!!!

Just so you know i am not a Hatfield fan.

Rhodes

I have to ask. What is your problem with Hatfield? Before they even played a game your making a dig at them...you make out they make up the attendance figures but from what i can make out you have never been to a game to even prove they have made up their figures!!!

Just so you know i am not a Hatfield fan.

It goes back to when we played (beat comfortably) Tik Tok a couple of years back. Our fans drank his place dry and for some reason he has resented us ever since and makes silly little comments which make him sound like a silly old man! He has never once watched us, i have invited him on numerous occasions but obviously prefers to do his talking in front of a pc (naked no doubt). One day our paths will cross and he will somewhat regret his comments!

There is an upside to Rhodes and his comments reference your club Hatfield Town, it's free advertising, and I'm sure no matter what is written people will make up their own minds.

Let the football do the talking, let the barman keep lining them up, and make the most of your FREEBIE lol

I'm surprised there aren't more games off this evening following all the heavy rain we've had since this afternoon.

Premier Division

A Hadley v Royston Town [ Abandoned ]

Abandoned at half time – waterlogged pitch

Division One

P AFC Dunstable v Stony Stratford Town [ Postponed ]

No power due to vandalism

2 1 Bedford Town Reserves v Cranfield United

4 2 Crawley Green v Buckingham Athletic

1 8 Sport London e Benfica v London Lions

Division Two

P Padbury United v Brache Sparta Community [ Postponed ]

7:30 PM

Waterlogged pitch

Premier Division

A Hadley v Royston Town [ Abandoned ]

Abandoned at half time – waterlogged pitch

Division One

P AFC Dunstable v Stony Stratford Town [ Postponed ]

No power due to vandalism

2 1 Bedford Town Reserves v Cranfield United

1 8 Sport London e Benfica v London Lions

Division Two

P Padbury United v Brache Sparta Community [ Postponed ]

7:30 PM

Waterlogged pitch

So backfour1, when the Lions beat Cockfosters 5-1 you said they had numerous ex-Ryman league players on display, so 8-1 tonight, guess they had Charlton, Moore, Hurst, Peters and Stiles out there yeah, behave yourself, what do these superstars do at weekends, community service on a Saturday by any chance?

As for Benfica, the way they're going saves us a long journey next season.

Buckingham 2-4 at Crawley, shame they never had the Ref from last week, guarenteed 2 x 94th min pens would have saved the day, oh the magic of the little brown envelope eh.

Edited by ref off ref

A brief report on this one from last night:

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE DIVISION 1

Crawley Green 4-2 Buckingham Athletic

Admission £3.00 (inc. programme - smart new cover, exactly the same content as last season inside)

After last night's chavfest, it was good to watch a game in calm and civilised surroundings, although this may be because the majority opted to stay in the clubhouse for some non-event in North London.

I'm surprised there aren't more games off this evening following all the heavy rain we've had since this afternoon.

Rhodes...

Why won't you answer my question bout Hatfield? Your the 1st person to have a pop at someone on here for not answering any question you put on here, So answer my question or never ask a question on this forum and expect a reply!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhodes...

Why won't you answer my question bout Hatfield? Your the 1st person to have a pop at someone on here for not answering any question you put on here, So answer my question or never ask a question on this forum and expect a reply!!!!!!!!!!!

here here!!

Rhodes

I have to ask. What is your problem with Hatfield?

Love the Game - I don't really have a problem with Hatfield Town other than the somewhat arrogant way the Club goes about it's business, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way and a good example was the way they automatically felt they could rule the roost at the new ground, before a ball was kicked in anger this season, and ride roughshod over Codicote!