Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hertford Town FA Vase

Hello everyone, was thinking of going to Hertford Town vs. Mauritius Sports Association UK in the FA Vase on Saturday. Can anyone tell what the clubhouse is like? Does it have Sky Sports? If not can anyone recommend a pub in the town that would have sky sports? The ground looks a quick walk from the station.

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone, was thinking of going to Hertford Town vs. Mauritius Sports Association UK in the FA Vase on Saturday. Can anyone tell what the clubhouse is like? Does it have Sky Sports? If not can anyone recommend a pub in the town that would have sky sports? The ground looks a quick walk from the station.

Thanks in advance.

The club house doesnt have Sky Sports but the Black Horse which is on West Street leading to the ground does.

Short walk from both Hertford North and Hertford East stations - North is closer.

The club house itself is ok - nothing spectacular - Stella, Carslberg on tap - Thirsty Ferret, Spitfire bottled for the ale drinker.

Enjoy the game

Thanks in advance.

The club house doesnt have Sky Sports but the Black Horse which is on West Street leading to the ground does.

Short walk from both Hertford North and Hertford East stations - North is closer.

The club house itself is ok - nothing spectacular - Stella, Carslberg on tap - Thirsty Ferret, Spitfire bottled for the ale drinker.

Enjoy the game

Might be a "short walk" from Hertford North for a fit footballer Chinola, but it's a mile and a half for anyone else! For those brave enough to try the Hertford East line, it's slightly nearer.

Thanks in advance.

Enjoy the game

Might be a "short walk" from Hertford North for a fit footballer Chinola, but it's a mile and a half for anyone else! For those brave enough to try the Hertford East line, it's slightly nearer.

Really, my apologies. That might explain why some of the players are not as sharp as they should be after walking there from the station!!

Either way you can stop off at the Black Horse for a pint to relax yourself.

Thanks in advance.

Enjoy the game

Hertford North (BR) and it is just under a mile (1.50km) to the ground. Hertford East (BR) is about 20 meters nearer (1.48km).

Thanks in advance.

Enjoy the game

Hertford North (BR) and it is just under a mile (1.50km) to the ground. Hertford East (BR) is about 20 meters nearer (1.48km).

I know I'm labouring the point, Pete, but if you've used sat nav or other GPS, have a look at the map! The whole of West Street is SG13 8EZ and Multimap, for instance selects halfway along the street (round about the Black Horse actually) for it's calculation. It's some distance from there to the entrance to Hertingfordbury Park! The distance from Hertford North to the turnstile at Hertingfordbury Park is definitely more than a mile.

Thanks in advance.

Be a lot easier if you subscribed to Sky Sports, went down Tesco, brought a few tinnies then what was the nearest train station wouldn't be an issue.

:lick2:

Not trying to be funny Bob - but around 1990 (ie when I was younger) - I did a fast jog back to Hertford North from the "Park" . Back then I could comfortably jog 7 min-miles.

And the jog took .... (almost exactly) 7 mins. (I had 8 mins to catch the train). So (for what it's worth) I reckon it's close to 1 mile as I couldn't have jogged it any faster as I'd had

the usual 3 (?) pints at the time.

Chrs Dave-Perth

Not trying to be funny Bob - but around 1990 (ie when I was younger) - I did a fast jog back to Hertford North from the "Park" . Back then I could comfortably jog 7 min-miles.

And the jog took .... (almost exactly) 7 mins. (I had 8 mins to catch the train). So (for what it's worth) I reckon it's close to 1 mile as I couldn't have jogged it any faster as I'd had

Chrs Dave-Perth

:232:

Chrs Dave-Perth

Yes it's true and also I'm a real person. I suppose it might sound strange to some but consider going to a midweek game and then having to get public transport back from Hertford to Orpington after

a cup game goes to extra time ... (ie a 10:15 pm finish)

Comprende ?

chrs Dave

Chrs Dave-Perth

Yes it's true and also I'm a real person. I suppose it might sound strange to some but consider going to a midweek game and then having to get public transport back from Hertford to Orpington after

a cup game goes to extra time ... (ie a 10:15 pm finish)

Comprende ?

chrs Dave

People have been nominated for less in the Queen's New Years honours list for less....a rue supporter.

Cheers for the tip Chinola. Read a few reviews on beerintheevening and the Black Horse looks a decent shout. Will be going from Hertford North as it's easier for me to get to Kings Cross.

Chrs Dave-Perth

Dave, in the interests of science (and in the hope of proving myself right), I cycled down to the Park just now, and rode the distance to Hertford North, having set my trusty Halfords top of the range computer to zero.

It was 0.32 miles to the Black Horse. Riding on, I was under 1 mile rounding the County Hospital corner and praying that the final distance would be over 1 mile! It was, just (1.02 miles to the station entrance). In desperation, I have to point out that if you've caught the train from London and alighted at the rear of a six coach train, you would have a couple of hundred yards to walk to get to the station entrance!)

I reckon you caught that train after your jog from the Park because, as usual, it was late!