Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 21/22 September

and the fact he didnt book a player because his deaf was quite funny too as he had a hearing aid in, im not saying deaf people shouldnt play just that the ref could of explained any leniency towards him before the game started might not of frustrated the st mags team anymore than they already were!! the fact the tackle that was hip high for a st mags pen which the ref said good tackle (player still rolling around on the floor!!) then haringey went down the other end and got a penalty for exactly the same offence 20 seconds before just shows how uncosistant a referee can be, thats just the start of it throwing cards around like it was confetti and there was some challenges that warranted cards that the ref didnt do i think that he should be stripped from reffing any games until he can explain himself for the unconsistency of the shambles he run tonight

We had two clear pens, one a free kick was given outside the area... The other, as mentioned, wasn't even given as a foul. That said we made things hard for ourselves by not taking our chances, should've been 2-0 up at break after dominating first half and two sh*t goals directly after half time against us meant we were up against it.

The fact when then went on to go in front twice and not win is something we need to look at (hopefully the ref will have a think about his performance as after half time he clearly swung his decisions haringeys way!)

I have a feeling Tring won't have it all their own way at beleaguered Harefield United this evening

Not a bad prediction was it folks!

Berko are looking good this year, although conceeding 3 wouldnt have pleased the management team! Shows the rest of the league they can be got at! you just have to stop them scoring!!

4-3 V St Albans, 4-4 v Ampthill, 2-3 v Risborough....think you may have a case

Ignore that. Just seen a reply. Match report on berko anyone?

Usual Berko goalfest, 2 wonder goals one from Berkos Adam Mead which first swerved away from goal then into the top corner the other from a st albans player which was more of a lob but still a great goal. berko took the lead with the Mead goal, st albans pulled one back but Berko got a second close to half time courtesy of Tony Burnett. 2nd half saw berko go 4-1 up Matt Wardle grabbing both goals but 10 mins from the end st albans got their 2nd goal which sparked them into life shortly after they got a third and it was backs to the walls. Fortunately Berko held on for another 3 points.

thanks. Berko are looking good this year, although conceeding 3 wouldnt have pleased the management team! Shows the rest of the league they can be got at! you just have to stop them scoring!!

that is the best thing about berko they have 3 top strikers they will always get goals well done berko .

More meat on the bones from last night:

Premier Division Cup First Round

1 2 Biggleswade United v Broxbourne Borough

5 4 Haringey Borough v St Margaretsbury (aet, score at 90 mins 3-3)

=

1 2 Hanwell Town v Hillingdon Borough

4 6 Harefield United v Tring Athletic (aet, score at 90 mins 3-3)

1 2 Holmer Green v Leverstock Green

3 1 Kingsbury London Tigers v Royston Town

Division 1 Cup First Round

0 2 Amersham Town v Buckingham Athletic

1 2 Ampthill Town v AFC Dunstable

8 1 Kings Langley v Stony Stratford Town

6 1 London Lions v Cranfield United

Division 1

0 0 Hoddesdon Town v Cockfosters

0 3 New Bradwell St Peter v London Cloney

3 4 St Albans City Reserves v Berkhamsted

1 3 Sun Postal Sports v Harpenden Town

Reserve Division 1

3 2 London Colney Reserves v Kings Langley Reserves

5 4 St Margaretsbury Reserves v Wodson Park Reserves

I think this result proves categorically that Harefield played their Reserve/Youth team against Padbury United last week!

8 1 Kings Langley v Stony Stratford Town

A brief report on this one from last night from another's forum, what has been allowed to go so horribly wrong at Ostlers Lane since Craig Connell left:

SSML Division One Cup 1st Round

KINGS LANGLEY 7 STONY STRATFORD TOWN 1

Entry £4.00

Prog, yes free

Att 50 (wag)

No need for a report on this really, SST were in it for about 20 mins and then slowly fell apart big time. 2-0 at half time.

Sorry it was 8-1 apparently i missed one

Thank you for Rhodesy for that informative response!!

Can I just say that the after years playing in the ESl and Ryman League I can confidently say the Referee's in the Spartan league are absolutely SHOCKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the decisions they make deserve a fly kick in the temple.............I would put them in the recovery position afterwards as I am a Humanitarian cheesy%20(2).gif

On a Serious Note Guy's................"Never Hit Match officials!!"

:wall:

Amersham Town 0

Buckingham Athletic 2

Spartan South Midlands League: Division One Cup.

Amersham were well beaten by mid table Buckingham Athletic in this Division 1 cup tie. The

first quarter of an hour was dominated by the visitors. After only three minutes s fierce

drive by a Buckingham forward had Amersham keeper Craig Garratt throwing himself to his

right but the shot went just wide. Buckingham’s forward was then released down the middle

for a clear run on goal but miscontrolled the ball.

Amersham were playing their way into the game when Buckingham scored. Again a long ball

found the forward, Craig Howkins, the wrong side of his marker and he ran on to slip the

ball past the advancing Garratt. There was then a long delay when the unfortunate Miles

Smith was injured and taken to hospital with a badly damaged shoulder. We all wish him a

speedy recovery.

The second half started in much the same fashion as the first. Only five minutes had elapsed

when Buckingham’s Adam Bone again left the defence trailing but Garratt saved with his legs.

Amersham, however, came more into the game throughout the half but chances were few and far

between at either end. On seventy eight minutes Amersham’s Steve Groves and Martin Loakes

combined well but Groves’ shot drifted wide. Amersham’s task was then made far harder when

Craig Bousefield was dismissed for his second yellow card.

Any hope Amersham had of taking the match into extra time evaporated on eighty three minutes

when the ball was lost in midfield and the Buckingham forward again found himself one on

one with Garratt. The keeper did well to force him wide but he centred and, after a shot

had been blocked, Bone slotted the ball home. In the final minute a long cross from Loakes

on the Amersham left found Gerald Kelly but his looping header rebounded off the bar.

Amersham Town: Garratt, Groves, Smith, Johnson, Phillips, Hudson, Wallcott, Baker, Harman,

Bousefield, Kelly. Subs: Loakes, Patience, Byrne, Grover

Season 10/11 Date 21 / 09 / 2010 Home/Away Home Opposition Cranfield Utd Competition South Midlands Division One Cup Venue

Kick-off Time 19:45 Result Won 6-1 Match Report:

Lions marched into the next round of the Division One cup with a good 6-1 win over Cranfield Utd.

James Gershfield scored his forth hat-trick of the season with Ben Ellis, Andy Glynne and Adam Stolerman completing the rout.

Match report to follow..........

Champ - I can't see them beating London Colney this evening

Champ - Another on the money prediction, how were Mr and Mrs Haynes last night

I think this result proves categorically that Harefield played their Reserve/Youth team against Padbury United last week!

No Rhodes this jus shows how much of a c**k u are...let's jus hope Padbury get a 'big' team so they can shove all ur comments up ur anus wen they beat em....yes the prem is obviously a better standard than div 2 but they would more than hold their own if not beat most teams in that league

Thank you for Rhodesy for that informative response!!

Can I just say that the after years playing in the ESl and Ryman League I can confidently say the Referee's in the Spartan league are absolutely SHOCKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the decisions they make deserve a fly kick in the temple.............I would put them in the recovery position afterwards as I am a Humanitarian

cheesy%20(2).gif.

Can u fly kick Rhodes in the temple 4 me aswell pls...but jus leave him there...??!! Lol

On a Serious Note Guy's................"Never Hit Match officials!!"

:wall:

Mr Angry - I know seven days is a long time in football but how do you account for Harefield losing 6-1 at home to Padbury one week and then taking Tring Athletic all the way and giving them the fright of their lives the following week

Mr Angry - I know seven days is a long time in football but how do you account for Harefield losing 6-1 at home to Padbury one week and then taking Tring Athletic all the way and giving them the fright of their lives the following week

Padbury are better than Tring cheesy%20(2).gif (to those connected to Tring no offence, but this is Rhodes I am answering too LOL)

Because that's football Rhodes....that's wot makes the game beautiful....have u not considered that maybe,jus maybe all those at harefield underestimated Padbury last week? They obviously thought they would walk it & it back-fired in a big way...& even if they hadn't underestimated Padbury they still wouldve lost the game because the class on the nite was clearly in the Padbury team & not harefield...how about...harefield took tring all the way last nite because it woz a cup game & they were expected to lose anyway so there was no pressure really was there in turn allowing them to relax & maybe play football which they failed to do against Padbury...unless u call 'humping' the ball up field at every opportunity football??!!

how about...harefield took tring all the way last nite because it woz a cup game & they were expected to lose anyway so there was no pressure really

Mr Angry - With respect, I think you, and Ref Off Ref, are being understandably biased towards the Club you follow and the team Harefield put out last week bore no resemblance whatsoever to the team they put out last night against Tring Athletic