Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 21/22 September

Mr Angry - I know seven days is a long time in football but how do you account for Harefield losing 6-1 at home to Padbury one week and then taking Tring Athletic all the way and giving them the fright of their lives the following week

Rhodes some of what you say is right !!!!

Harefield have lost about 15 recognised first team players so far this season and brought in a whole new reserve side and management.

New first team management and they have brought in 20 new players. Some have proven not to be upto it. (padbury game)

Last nights game was by far the best performance so far this season but lady luck isnt shining on the hares at the moment.

ROLL ON SATURDAY TRING AGAIN , I KNOW THE LADS CANT WAIT FOR IT !!!

Still probably still a couple of games away from a settled side thou. Rebuilding in progress watch this space......

Rhodes I myself spoke wiv the manager of harefield & their coaching staff who all told me that was their first team that were playing which is why they were so angry....believe wot u want...u seem like u do anyway...and even if u were right which ur not...surely a Prem teams reserves should b able to beat a div 2 team...if there's such a vast difference in quality??!!

Rhodes I myself spoke wiv the manager of harefield & their coaching staff who all told me that was their first team that were playing which is why they were so angry....believe wot u want...u seem like u do anyway...and even if u were right which ur not...surely a Prem teams reserves should b able to beat a div 2 team...if there's such a vast difference in quality??!!

can't you see he is just winding you up... you won the game 6-1 and are having a good season.. what is there to prove to somebody like Rhodes or anybody else! ..... move on!

This could go on forever but as the statistics will show, Padbury won the game 6-1.

As for Buck Got Rogered, to say the Harefield players were not up for the Padbury game is telling porkies eh, you played well but find it hard to accept that a side from division 2 on the night actually in the end were the better side, in actual fact The Padbury manager awarded our keeper man-of-the-match for his timely intervensions when the game was very much there for the taking for both sides.

As for Rhodent the Rhodes, as always speculates from what he sees in front of him, sees 6-1 then assumes Harefield played an under strength side.....in truth it's a jealousy thing that someone or something has for once taken the spotlight away from him.

From what I saw Harefield played their part in an entertaining game, we are a division 2 side only in name who could more than hold their own a step or two up, so to Buck off Rhodes, oh and Rhodes, don't try and take anything away from Padbury's achievement, on the night the result justified the performance.

As Aston Clinton proved last season in this same competition, underestimate certain 2nd division sides and it could well backfire, unless in reaching the Semi-Finals every side Clinton faced were the beaten teams reserve side, which would explain then why Risborough beat the highly rated Berko on the same night as we beat Harefield.......

:chillpill: :hidesbehindsofa: :chillpill:

can't you see he is just winding you up... you won the game 6-1 and are having a good season.. what is there to prove to somebody like Rhodes or anybody else! ..... move on!

The above post in the best thing that has come out of the padbury vs rhodes episode so far!

everyone should remember rhodes is rhodes and padbury are going to be (barclays) premiership soon...... thats according to all their fans who post on here! (thats a joke boys please dont pick on me)

great result for a div 2 side, a bit like aston clintons win at hillingdon boro in the challenge cup last year.

i see padbury a few times last season against aston and away to cockfosters in the cup and they looked strong then.........have you guys still got the lad that played left wing at cockfosters?

Lol monkey ur makin me smile...the boys def could play in the prem(barclays)!! Well that's the mentality down there & why not there a brilliant bunch of lads with a great team spirit & belief...but as u said Rhodes will b rhodes & Padbury will b padbrury...lol in answer to ur question about the left winger...I think ur referring to 'magic'...young black lad,quick & skillful...sadly he's left us as he has started uni in Southampton!

Lol monkey ur makin me smile...the boys def could play in the prem(barclays)!! Well that's the mentality down there & why not there a brilliant bunch of lads with a great team spirit & belief...but as u said Rhodes will b rhodes & Padbury will b padbrury...lol in answer to ur question about the left winger...I think ur referring to 'magic'...young black lad,quick & skillful...sadly he's left us as he has started uni in Southampton!

Angry - name of the game making people smile!

i know i only see this lad once but he was wicked! foot over ball the lot! fast as lightning! shame he has left.

Yea he's very talented....big loss 4 Padbury!!

Mr Angry (aka Tom's bodyguard)....get yr backside to the dome and give it 110 blood LOL, or I have it on good authority that one of the 2 amigo's will be taking your place Saturday....haha

4 6 Harefield United v Tring Athletic (aet, score at 90 mins 3-3)

I think this result proves categorically that Harefield played their Reserve/Youth team against Padbury United last week!

there was some bloke standing next to me last night at bradwell small about 6 stone massive glasses talking to him self rocking was that you ?

Mr Angry - I know seven days is a long time in football but how do you account for Harefield losing 6-1 at home to Padbury one week and then taking Tring Athletic all the way and giving them the fright of their lives the following week

Rhodes some of what you say is right !!!!

Harefield have lost about 15 recognised first team players so far this season and brought in a whole new reserve side and management.

New first team management and they have brought in 20 new players. Some have proven not to be upto it. (padbury game)

Last nights game was by far the best performance so far this season but lady luck isnt shining on the hares at the moment.

ROLL ON SATURDAY TRING AGAIN , I KNOW THE LADS CANT WAIT FOR IT !!!

Still probably still a couple of games away from a settled side thou. Rebuilding in progress watch this space......

excuses, excuses......................youve never been the same since rolling over against Biggleswade Town and bottling your chance to win the league

Hadley 1 Colney Heath 4

Colney took a 2 goal lead early but Hadley pulled a goal back to make it 1-2 at HT. Hadley's was a great individual effort from Bruce Hutchinson...he ran from just inside his own half and through the away defence... Hadley pushed for an equaliser but it was Heath who scored two late goals to go through...

Match highlights at THE COLD END

Last night’s results:

Challenge Trophy First Round

3 2 Crawley Green v Aylesbury United

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/home/

Premier Division Cup First Round

1 4 Hadley v Colney Heath

Division 1 Cup First Round

2 1 Bedford Town Reserves v Welwyn Garden City

0 7 Sport London e Benfica v Wodson Park

<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

Challenge Trophy First Round

3 2 Crawley Green v Aylesbury United

http://www.aylesbury...dfc.co.uk/home/

A brief report on this one from last night from another's Forum:

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE CHALLENGE TROPHY

Crawley Green 3-2 Aylesbury United

Admission (including programme £3.00) Cheese and onion roll £1.00

Ooh, those horrid, nasty ducks. Mocking Crawley Green's goalie and substitutes' board and then having the temerity to come back from 2-0 down to force what they hoped would be extra time. Thankfully Crawley grabbed an even later winner to save me the dilemma of whether or not I should stay for extra time. Actually, I probably wouldn't have done.

They're back at Bell Close next Wednesday. I'll have to get revenge

2 1 Bedford Town Reserves v Welwyn Garden City

Red Robbo from another's Forum was at this one last night:

Bedford Town Reserves (0) 2

62, 83p

Welwyn Garden City (0) 1

90+3p

SSML Division One Cup

Attendance 30

Admission; £4, prog; 50p Tea; 60p

Not an overall exciting game but Bedford deserved their win. First half the home side missed some good chances to wrap the game up before the interval. Second half the best player (shame he got sent off on 90 minutes on the park, Manny Richardson, put Bedford ahead. It was then a penalty each and a lot of pressure from WGC as the game went into stoppage time but the 10 man home side held on.

1 3 Sun Postal Sports v Harpenden Town

A report on this one from Tuesday evening from another's Forum:

BELLMOUNTWOOD AVENUE

SUN POSTAL SPORTS 1 Harpenden Town 3

SSMLD1

Admission £4 Inc. Prog.

Full marks for this venue and once again the outstanding quality and value for money provided by the Spartan League

A very homely clubhouse acts as the entrance to the ground and the Tea Bar can also be found here.

A newly constructed Grandstand is now in place and what an excellent job they have done too! Firstly it is positioned level with the half way line, secondly it has proper raised concrete steps and therefore a good view of the action from the seats, and finally it is home built not something off the back of a lorry! Worthy of an award in itself!

A match with plenty of incident even the referee couldn't keep up! Poor old boy

A strange eerie mist enveloped the ground before half time and what with the full moon and rural location not to mention the lack of spectators it had a spooky feel

Fortunately the match was completed however an ambulance was required for a player with a possible broken ankle, although I could not see the incident clearly due to the mist!

A visit to this ground in deepest Metroland is highly recommended, perhaps Halloween would be an appropriate time

0 3 New Bradwell St Peter v London Cloney

A report on this one from Tuesday evening from another's Forum:

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE DIVISION 1

New Bradwell St. Peter 0-3 London Colney

Admission - £0.00 Programme £1.00 Attendance - 48 (h/c 60ish)

A few changes here since I was here last - the new changing rooms are up and running and there appears to be a lot more hard standing (or it's always been there and just been refurbished).

Like a lot of grounds at Step 6, it's basically a public recreation ground so they can't charge admission, however the programme did mention a collection box or something in the bar. Also, I'm assuming that local by-laws/residents/NIMBYs are behind the 7.30 kick-offs.

I think this result proves categorically that Harefield played their Reserve/Youth team against Padbury United last week!

Rhodes The Yids 1 v 4 Mighty Gooners, next you'll be saying this result proves categorically Arsenal had their ressies.kids team out against the sworn enermy....haha

Premier Division Cup First Round

6 1 London Lions v Cranfield United

Two further match reports from Tuesday evening:

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1366

http://www.londonlions.com/view_far.php?id=3354&Team_id=22&played=yes&Type=1

<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">