Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Greatest 90 minutes

Greatest 90 minutes in the SSML over last 5 seasons....ish.

Is there a game that sticks out whether you're a player, manager, club official, referee or supporter for whatever reason, and no Rhodes, discovering George Michael's talents in a NY public toilet is not applicable this time.

Greatest 90 minutes in the SSML over last 5 seasons....ish.

Is there a game that sticks out whether you're a player, manager, club official, referee or supporter for whatever reason, and no Rhodes, discovering George Michael's talents in a NY public toilet is not applicable this time.

Last game of season 2008/09.

Biggleswade Town win the Premier Division Championship by 1 goal from Harefield United.

I am on the Biggleswade vs Chalfont St Peter game with the hosts winning 3-2 while at at Broxbourne Borough, Harefield United triumph 3-1.

A goal for Chalfont St Peter or for Broxbourne Borough in the finals minutes would swing the Championship in favour of Harefield United.

Running the line while listening to so many people on their mobile phones feeding each other the latest score from the other venue was nerve racking as any mistake would mean someones season and promotion would be wasted.

A few hundred supporters and Officers of the SSML added to the pressure.

Thankfully there were no controversial moments.

I would go with a Berks & Bucks Intermediate Cup Semi-Final from March 2008 between Stony Stratford and PB(MK).

Had no involvement with either side at the time, just as a supporter, the season before I had seen these two sides in an earlier round of the same competition, that particular season was when Stony reached two SSML Finals and missed promotion to the Premier League by virtue of scoring 3 goals less than Cockfosters, on this ocassion Stony won 1-0 from a penalty, so a season on and a Semi-Final.

PB(MK) were at the time a dominant force in the North Bucks League but Stony were probably still slight favourites, it has to be said though to take PB(MK) lightly was a big mistakein them days.

What unfolded was not only revenge from the season before for PB(MK), but an absolute quality team performance which eventually saw them run out winners by 4-0.

The PB side was then managed by Craig Bicknell who, with some of that side moved over to Padbury where they are still to this day, and before someone quips that is where my boy is today and there is an ulterior motive, forget it, anyone who knew the MK local football scene then knew this was a clash of two local giants, irrespective of the leagues they played in, it even attracted a crowd of 153 people eager to see the outcome.

Two quality games, but the latter being a Semi-Final pipped it.

So.....only 3 entertaining games in the last 5 years of the SSML, behave will ya, had over 200 views but just 3 replies to this topic, come on there must be more great days out there, surely.

Edited by ref off ref

It has to be New Bradwell St Peter 0 Kentish Town 6 for me on Saturday 17 November 2007

It has to be New Bradwell St Peter 0 Kentish Town 6 for me on Saturday 17 November 2007

You are so predictable Rhodes, though I'm surprised at your choice in a way, would have thought the day you lay in wait in a NY public lav dressed as a cop, with pink handcuffs and a nice shiny helmet, and then clocked George Michael and thought 'Hello hello' LOL.

That post goes to show the double standards so called Moderators, such as NeutralFan, have as if I had made a post like that it wouldn't have been published. That was my greatest 90 minutes and the incredible thing was that Lee Scott barely touched the ball that afternoon which shows what a team Kentish Town had under Clement Temile and Hector Varela

RoR doesn't annoy me (quite as much) as you do Rhodesy... you got yourself in this situation so deal with it!

Anyway back on thread... difficult to comment on best 90 mins in SSML as most of my more memorable games were in the Spartan before the merger in with South Midlands in 98(?).

Apart from a 2-1 win at Hillingdon which pretty much won us the league (95/96), one which stands out was a 4-3 (or 5-4) win over Hanwell where we had 2 men sent off and scored the winning goal in the 9th minute of time added on. Think I was the only player from that game that was playing on Sat :D

That post goes to show the double standards so called Moderators, such as NeutralFan, have as if I had made a post like that it wouldn't have been published. That was my greatest 90 minutes and the incredible thing was that Lee Scott barely touched the ball that afternoon which shows what a team Kentish Town had under Clement Temile and Hector Varela

Trouble is when you make a post there isn't an element of truth in it.....cheesy%20(2).gif

The game that never was Edgware v Harefield Sept 06 ( Edgware's treble winning season ) When the REF cocked up that penalty decision. When the game finally got played it was an anti climax 0-0 in March 2008. Edgware were nearly over the line by then.

This would be the same Referee who is now a Level 3!

The game that never was Edgware v Harefield Sept 06 ( Edgware's treble winning season ) When the REF cocked up that penalty decision. When the game finally got played it was an anti climax 0-0 in March 2008. Edgware were nearly over the line by then.

And obviously related to Graham Poll

He may well be, but he WAS suspended for making that gaffe!

He may well be, but he WAS suspended for making that gaffe!

Definately related to Graham Poll then

Do you mean Wes Linden, I know Gavin wanted him lynched at the time

That's not who it was.

That's not who it was.

Graham Poll....produced 2 yellows, ace of spades, 10 of diamonds and 2 of hearts before brandishing the red haha

Anyway Stavros.....this thread is meant to be Greatest 90 minutes from a game in the SSML, not about you guys ruining a game then taking your dosh and running off into the night....init