Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Feast on this, Rhodes

A report on TK Forum

Hatfield 3 Hertford 0 South Midlands Premier League.

Admission £5/£2

Programme £1

Tea 50p in a University of Chester large paper cup!!!?

h/c 54.

The welcome was as miserable as the weather. Hatfield now play at The Gosling Sports Arena in Welwyn Garden City. This is an athletics stadium and velodrome and reminded me of Soviet bloc architecture. All the large main stand neeeded was a picture of Stalin and the ground would have been complete. On this cold and miserable day the visitors started off the most likely to score but it was Hatfield who took the lead on 25 minutes when a Hertford player headed into his own goal. He might have expected his keeper to try and save it ( but he didn't- he stood and watched.) Shortly after it was 2-0 when the Hertford keeper fumbled a shot leading to a simple second goal. The second half saw the keeper spill yet another shot and the score was 3-0. After 20 mins of the half I saw something I've never seen in a game before. A shot went wide and the ball went miles. A home official stood behind the Hertford goal with a ball in his hand. The keeper raced off to try and get it, but he refused to hand it over. The keeper then tried to grab the ball off the official who then headbutted the keeper and then yelled at him for going down. The ref called him over and he refused to go yelling " I just fetch the ball". We then waited while he walked around to the home bench. Once then the ref took his details and sent him from the ground. We then had to wait for ages while he saunted back around the ground and went behind the barriers. He was laughing and joking about it! The rest of the half was dire and Hertford have to take the award for the worst team I've seen this season and after watching Nottingham United that is saying something. They played without pride or belief. I can't say I enjoyed my trip to Hatfield, but the ground is ticked off and only 2 more to complete this division. The delay meant I didn't get back to my car until 5.05, 20 minutes late!

Hatfield 3 Hertford 0

South Midlands Premier League.

Admission £5/£2

Programme £1

h/c 54.

I have and I was interested to see that the Official reported attendance was 97, are Hatfield Town 'cooking the books' again

Hatfield 3 Hertford 0

South Midlands Premier League.

Admission £5/£2

Programme £1

h/c 54.

I have and I was interested to see that the Official reported attendance was 97, are Hatfield Town 'cooking the books' again

rhodes what is your problem with hatfield ?

if you wish to come down ask for big john and i will help you count the crowd.

as for bufc did hertford really score all the goals ,from your comments were a hatfield side out there !

as for bufc did hertford really score all the goals ,from your comments were a hatfield side out there !

bigjohn, read the heading........ it is a neutral report from TK Forum

The reporter was correct in his comments about Hertford being dire - that were not at the races.

In fairness to the "ball-boy" I dont think there was actually a head butt (the keeper went down embarrasingly) but he was in the wrong for not giving him the ball back and then fronting him.

Hatfield deserved their victory but the reporter is again correct in his comments that all 3 goals were silly errors from Hertford players/keeper. Apart from the great strike from Hatfield's number 8 which rattled the bar there were very few chances at either end. A dire game for the neutral and Hertford fans.

The athletics track is a problem with balls taking ages to get back on the pitch and the distance to the changing rooms is a ball ache but the bar is nice (with sky sports) and the pitch is ok all be it a bit of a mound in one corner.

With regards to the attendance, it is difficult to tell due to the fact that people are in the bar/on the balcony. My gut feeling is that 97 is quite generous by about 30 but what does it matter!

Good luck to Parks, decent player/bloke and should get the Hatfield side playing for him, on Saturday's show they certainly put in a grafting performance and deserved their win.

Maybe one day soon people will start talking about how good of a team we have now and how well we have done over the last few years instead of our attendance or crowd antics etc. yes the ball should of been given back but it takes some kind of w---ker to throw yourself to the ground like the Hertford keeper did, end of the day we won 3 0 good result

rhodes what is your problem with hatfield ?

I haven't got a problem with Hatfield Town, trust me, but the Club tend to be their own worst enemies

A report on TK Forum

Hatfield 3 Hertford 0 South Midlands Premier League.

Admission £5/£2

Programme £1

h/c 54.

The welcome was as miserable as the weather. Hatfield now play at The Gosling Sports Arena in Welwyn Garden City. This is an athletics stadium and velodrome and reminded me of Soviet bloc architecture. All the large main stand neeeded was a picture of Stalin and the ground would have been complete. On this cold and miserable day the visitors started off the most likely to score but it was Hatfield who took the lead on 25 minutes when a Hertford player headed into his own goal. He might have expected his keeper to try and save it ( but he didn't- he stood and watched.) Shortly after it was 2-0 when the Hertford keeper fumbled a shot leading to a simple second goal. The second half saw the keeper spill yet another shot and the score was 3-0. After 20 mins of the half I saw something I've never seen in a game before. A shot went wide and the ball went miles. A home official stood behind the Hertford goal with a ball in his hand. The keeper raced off to try and get it, but he refused to hand it over. The keeper then tried to grab the ball off the official who then headbutted the keeper and then yelled at him for going down. The ref called him over and he refused to go yelling " I just fetch the ball". We then waited while he walked around to the home bench. Once then the ref took his details and sent him from the ground. We then had to wait for ages while he saunted back around the ground and went behind the barriers. He was laughing and joking about it! The rest of the half was dire and Hertford have to take the award for the worst team I've seen this season and after watching Nottingham United that is saying something. They played without pride or belief. I can't say I enjoyed my trip to Hatfield, but the ground is ticked off and only 2 more to complete this division. The delay meant I didn't get back to my car until 5.05, 20 minutes late!

"headbutted him" where in attendance were you standing, he missed him by about 3 foot. But you know what them fergal's are like. Im surprised he didnt get back

up and gob in face!!!!

Could any one work out how the delay meant he didn't get back to his car 20 mis late ? like was the car going to go with out him ?

this is an extract from a thread on ESL forum

'One of my girls had a dance class in the Brentwood centre last night and while I was waiting, to my surprise, there was a game going on. I popped over and it was Brentwood reserves against some embarassing outfit called Southill Alexandra. Alexandra were a bunch of thugs who tried to kick 10 barrells out of the young Brentwood side. I only caught an hour of the game and to be honest I was more interested in listening out for any gossip'.

and it was Brentwood reserves against some embarassing outfit called Southill Alexandra. Alexandra were a bunch of thugs who tried to kick 10 barrells out of the young Brentwood side

I'll be interested to hear what Loosely has to say about this, I assume he was there

this is an extract from a thread on ESL forum

'One of my girls had a dance class in the Brentwood centre last night and while I was waiting, to my surprise, there was a game going on. I popped over and it was Brentwood reserves against some embarassing outfit called Southill Alexandra. Alexandra were a bunch of thugs who tried to kick 10 barrells out of the young Brentwood side. I only caught an hour of the game and to be honest I was more interested in listening out for any gossip'.

I wouldn't read too much into this post BUFC. The guy who posted it is causing all sorts of ridiculous rumours & garbage on the ESL forum & is basically making a bit of a D1ck of himself. It was a good entertaining match. No bookings, no bad dissent, 3 good officials & 2 teams who wanted to play football. Disappointed too lose in the end, but Brentwood were a good young side.