Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

St Mary's Challenge Cup - 2010/2011

Trouble with a lot of County Cups is that you win a couple of games and are in the semi, as it's only the one County, unlike the Berks & Bucks which is over the 2 counties so would appear to still be regarded as a trophy to win, you have to get through 5 rounds before you even reach the semi

I remember you talking about that match Rhodes, if I recall correctly the opposition were well up for the game and certainly took it seriously.

The whole episode was a nightmare from start to finish and, if you recall, there is a lengthy thread on here somewhere about the game. The opposition were Whitewebbs and they treated the game like a World Cup, FA Cup and Champions League Final all rolled into one although to their credit wouldn't lay down and die. Then afterwards, just to rub salt into the wounds, the Club had laid on a banquet fit for a King, it was like feeding the five, sorry, ten thousand but there wasn't so much as a sausage roll for us so I had to report them to the Herts FA who unsurprisingly didn't lift a finger.

I remember you talking about that match Rhodes, if I recall correctly the opposition were well up for the game and certainly took it seriously.

The whole episode was a nightmare from start to finish and, if you recall, there is a lengthy thread on here somewhere about the game. The opposition were Whitewebbs and they treated the game like a World Cup, FA Cup and Champions League Final all rolled into one although to their credit wouldn't lay down and die. Then afterwards, just to rub salt into the wounds, the Club had laid on a banquet fit for a King, it was like feeding the five, sorry, ten thousand but there wasn't so much as a sausage roll for us so I had to report them to the Herts FA who unsurprisingly didn't lift a finger.

If I remember correctly, didn't your lot completely misjudge how long it would take to get 5 miles up the A10, and weren't your boys late for the k.o.?

Horace - You have a good memory however we weren't late for the 1.30pm kick off, we left from the Coles Park car park and encountered a bit of traffic on the infamous A10 that's all. It was just an added frustration on the day and having three or four players, including Lee Scott, booked in the game by a 'jobsworth' Official didn't help as they were later suspended costing the Club crucial league points.

Horace - You have a good memory however we weren't late for the 1.30pm kick off, we left from the Coles Park car park and encountered a bit of traffic on the infamous A10 that's all. It was just an added frustration on the day and having three or four players, including Lee Scott, booked in the game by a 'jobsworth' Official didn't help as they were later suspended costing the Club crucial league points.

Taking that it was a 1.30 kick off then guess they were nothing more than a park side, you were looking to take a step up to level 5 and it took extra time and penalties to get a result.....dont make excuses Rhodes, by the sound of it the league table was telling a porkie....you were [****!!****] haha

My memory often lets me down, but I've got a pretty good recollection of much of the garbage that you've spouted on here over the years. I DO remember that you have dodged a good few questions I've asked you. The most recent was about the immigration status of two of your heroes - I have no gripe about anyone, but you recall that you gave the Colombian gent my home 'phone number on one occasion and he bent my ear for some considerable time, believing that I represented the Herts FA, which I don't and never have. And then there's your other mate..........

but you recall that you gave the Colombian gent my home 'phone number on one occasion and he bent my ear for some considerable time, believing that I represented the Herts FA

Horace - I thought your number was common knowledge and in the SSML handbook for example so I was hardly giving away a State secret, anyway I'm sure it was your mobile and not your home number

but you recall that you gave the Colombian gent my home 'phone number on one occasion and he bent my ear for some considerable time, believing that I represented the Herts FA

Horace - I thought your number was common knowledge and in the SSML handbook for example so I was hardly giving away a State secret, anyway I'm sure it was your mobile and not your home number

It was my HOME number not my mobile! I should know which phone i answered!

And you told him i was with the Herts FA, which was incorrect. Answer my question or confirm that you have no idea.

• 1 month later...

An update on this competition:

First Round

Hemel Hempstead Town v Berkhamsted (15 March)

2 0 Oxhey Jets v Hemel Hempstead Rovers

http://www.oxheyjets.com/firsts_hemelrovers_231110.html

4 0 Leverstock Green v Chipperfield Corinthians

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20101109

4 1 Tring Athletic v Metropolitan Police Bushey

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1482

Semi Finals

Ting Athletic v Hemel Hempstead Town or Berkhamsted

Oxhey Jets v Leverstock Green (tba)

• 2 weeks later...

First Round

Hemel Hempstead Town v Berkhamsted (15 March)

How do we see this one panning out tonight, it should be interesting with Berkhamsted on fire and Hemel Hempstead likely to play a weak team

NeutralFan - Why do you say that, it's a valid point

Here's a report on the proceedings from another's Forum:

West Herts St Mary's Charity Cup Quarter Final

HEMEL HEMPSTEAD TOWN 2 BERKHAMSTED 0

Entry £5.00

Prog Free (2 A4 pages folded)

Att: 120 (WAG)

This match was notable as the first time these two local "Rivals" have met since their Isthmian league days. Berkhamsted Town (The Lilywhites) had of course gone bust since then and reformed as Berkhamsted FC with a new nickname (The Comrades) in the SSML.

A mainly second string Hemel side ran out fairly easy winners in the end. Steve Hawes coming closest for the Comrades in the first half with a twenty yard strike that hit the bar, but that was about it as the Tudors maintained a steady pressure on the visiting defence.

Dennis Fenemore eventually opened the scoring on 23 minutes, and defender Matt Pooley secured the win five minutes into the second half.

A dis-allowed Fenemore goal and the miss of the season so far by Ryan Blake could have made the scoreline a bit lop sided. Berko battling, but in the end just not good enough to worry Hemel's makeshift side. Perhaps in the future they'll improve with a step up in divisions.

Good to see them back in action as a club though..we've missed our oldest rivals for sure.

• 1 month later...

To save Rhodes some work

An update on this competition:

Semi Finals

Tring Athletic 3v1 Hemel Hempstead Town

http://www.tafc.co.u...fixture_id=1559

Oxhey Jets 1v5 Leverstock Green

http://www.levgreenf...p?File=20110414

Final

Leverstock Green 1-2 Tring Athletic (AET)

Levy went 1 up on 67 mins with a Lee Bircham penalty. Tring scored a late equaliser on 87 mins from sub Vinnie Ianone's header. Three mins into extra time Nick Jackson scored what was to be the winner from a tight angle. Not a lot between the sides and wasn't a classic for the football purist (but it never says that on the winners' medals - well done to the lads :applaus: