Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixtures & Results - Saturday 19 March

Not entirely SSML related, and don't shoot the messenger, but it would appear that Padbury United have fallen on their feet with the groundshare at Ford Meadow going by this report from another's Forum yesterday:

United Counties League

Buckingham Town 1 Huntingdon Town 2

Gate £5 Prog 50p (good value) Att About 60-70 (I forgot to ask)

26 years and 4 months after I should have ticked Ford Meadow for Buckingham’s only appearance in the FA Cup 1st Round against Orient, I finally get to visit the ground.

I arrived about 1:30 and the first person I saw was the club secretary who apologized that there was no-one behind the bar in the clubhouse. He offered me a cup of tea, which I gratefully accepted, and gave me a programme to read. After he ascertained that I supported Leyton Orient, he was surprised and happy that I chose to visit Ford Meadow. I was introduced to a couple of other committee members during the day, and I can report that you could not wish to meet a more pleasant and helpful group of people.

Kick off was in bright sunshine and I wished I had packed sun-tan lotion, but instead I was dressed in winter clothes due to the heavy frost in the garden this morning. The game was strange that all the pleasant passing football was played in the first half, but all three goals were in the second half. Huntingdon scored in the first minute of the second half from a through ball to a player that was yards offside. The second goal was a penalty following a blatant push in the area, though the Buckingham players did question the decision. Buckingham did pull a goal back 4 minutes from time when the ball fell to a player on the edge of the area who then drilled the ball into the corner of the net. Overall the game was much more entertaining that you would expect from teams bottom and 4th bottom of the league at the start of the day.

I would highly recommend a visit to Ford Meadow, a quaint little ground and a nice bunch of people.

Yes I do if mitoo is correct.

Isn't he a Referee's assesser ?

He's definatley not a Referee's assesser, maybe a Referee's assessor.....and I assume you mean Ivor Whistle cheesy%20(2).gif

Edited by ref off ref

Flesh on the bones from yesterday, was anybody at Hadley Reserves v Royston Town Reserves:

Premier Division

1 2 Hadley v Dunstable Town

0 2 Hanwell Town v Holmer Green

1 0 Haringey Borough v Biggleswade United

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=337261&conf=&div=

1 3 Hertford Town v Hatfield Town

1 1 Hillingdon Borough v Langford

0 2 Kentish Town v Broxbourne Borough

2 3 Kingsbury London Tigers v Leverstock Green

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20110319

4 2 Oxhey Jets v Stotfold

http://www.stotfoldfc.co.uk/results.php?id=&mr=mr190311&scr=2&pg=results.php#mrpa

4 0 Royston Town v Colney Heath

0 1 St Margaretsbury v Chalfont St Peter

4 1 Tring Athletic v Harefield United

Division One

2 2 AFC Dunstable v Harpenden Town

http://www.afcdunstable.com/news.php?team_id=9&n_id=199

1 2 Bedford Town Reserves v Berkhamsted

http://thecomrades.wordpress.com/

3 2 Cockfosters v Wodson Park

4 1 Hoddesdon Town v Ampthill Town

7 0 London Lions v Bedford

2 2 New Bradwell St Peter v Amersham Town

2 1 St Albans City Reserves v Sun Postal Sports

1 2 Stony Stratford Town v Cranfield United

1 1 Welwyn Garden City v Buckingham Athletic

Division Two

1 1 Aston Clinton v Old Bradwell United

7 0 Bletchley Town v MK Wanderers

1 3 Brache Sparta Community v Totternhoe

0 2 Mursley United v Padbury United

2 4 Pitstone & Ivinghoe v Risborough Rangers

1 1 Tring Corinthians v Kent Athletic

4 2 Winslow United v The 61 FC

Reserve Division One

5 1 AFC Dunstable Reserves v Crawley Green Reserves

0 4 Ampthill Town Reserves v Langford Reserves

6 6 Hadley Reserves v Royston Town Reserves

0 3 Hatfield Town Reserves v Kings Langley Reserves

2 1 Holmer Green Reserves v Hoddesdon Town Reserves

2 0 London Colney Reserves v Cockfosters Reserves

1 1 Stotfold Reserves v St Margaretsbury Reserves

2 0 Wodson Park Reserves v Oxhey Jets Reserves

Reserve Division Two

4 1 Kent Athletic Reserves v Stony Stratford Town Reserves

8 3 London Lions Reserves v Buckingham Athletic Reserves

1 1 Risborough Rangers Reserves v Sun Postal Sports Reserves

4 1 The 61 FC Reserves v Welwyn Garden City Reserves

1 2 Totternhoe Reserves v Tring Corinthians Reserves

Premier Division

4 1 Tring Athletic v Harefield United

A report on this one:

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1508

goodnight

Goodnight at 3.01 in the afternoon! Apologies for the error, was the result originally wrong on Football Mitoo last night then.

tick tock tick tock........more excuses!! Yawn!!

I watched Tring v Harefield.....Rubbish as I predicted from Dazzas new charges!!! Bellend belis has inserted himself as assistant as well ...Watch out dazza....Hes straight in your grave! Watch this space hahaWell done the Green army though at kingsbury!!

Fair win for berko today was a good game but yet again referee's at this standard are poor

todays ref did like the sound of his whistle a bit and wouldnt let the game flow, was a good game though as you say, could have gone either way.

footy star you obviously watched a completely different game to me if indeed you were there at all, harefield played some very good stuff and their front 2 caused tring all sorts of problems. but for some awful first half defending they would have got something out of the game and you certianly couldnt see 20 league places between the two teams. on this showing they will have enough to get out of trouble

Premier Division

4 0 Royston Town v Colney Heath

A report on this one from Saturday:

http://www.roystontownfc.co.uk/match-reports/match-report-royston-town-v-colney-heath/

Reserve Division Two

1 2 Totternhoe Reserves v Tring Corinthians Reserves

An impressive report on this one from Saturday:

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/tringcorinthiansfc/club_news.pl?news=505801

Division One

7 0 London Lions v Bedford

Reserve Division Two

8 3 London Lions Reserves v Buckingham Athletic Reserves

Reports on these two high scoring affairs on Saturday involving London Lions:

http://www.londonlions.com/view_far.php?id=3624&Team_id=22&played=yes&Type=1

http://www.londonlions.com/view_far.php?id=3645&Team_id=23&played=yes&Type=1

Division One

2 2 New Bradwell St Peter v Amersham Town

An interesting report from this one from another's Forum:

Saturday 19th March 2011 @3pm

Spartan South Midlands League Division One

New Bradwell St Peter v Amersham Town 2-2

Admission: free

Programme: £1 (24pp)

Attendance: 43

Hot Dog and coffee combo: £1.60 (a 20p saving!)

I decided quite late on to travel on public transport to Bradwell Road and visit The Recreation Ground of NBStP. Arriving ½ hour before kickoff, the clubhouse building is in front of you walking up the path to the small car park. The football changing rooms and pitch is to the left, next to a children’s playground (this is a public park), with the cricket pitch beyond the clubhouse. A windmill is situated right next to the training cricket nets to the right edge of the cricket field. The playing area is railed off, except a ¼ being a post and rope perimeter due to overlapping with the cricket pitch. There is partial hard standing around the playing area and a covered stand on the far touchline at halfway. The green dugouts are either side of the main stand. The clubhouse has a TV and pool table, with drinks and snacks available at the bar. Half time teas/coffees and hot dogs can be purchased from a hatch in the clubhouse next to the pool table.

There was little to choose between the two teams in the first quarter of an hour. Then New Bradwell’s Mike Ward collected the ball wide on the left and lobbed it towards goal. The Amersham goalkeeper misjudged the bounce and watched as the ball soared over his head and into the far corner of the net. Ten minutes later Loic Naroyanin beat his man on the left touchline and curled a tempting cross behind the defence. Both Colley and the New Bradwell defender reached the ball at the same time and it seemed to rebound off both before trickling past the stranded home keeper.

In the 2nd half, the game continued to be more effort than skill, the ball spending a lot of time in the air. A long ball from the New Bradwell left found the right winger unmarked but his shot drifted over the bar. Amersham were defending well but were undone on seventy minutes in a move of rare quality from left to right and when the cross came in Danny Nicholls got in front of the defence to sweep the ball home from six yards. Amersham again came back strongly. Phillips almost broke through but was denied by an excellent tackle from New Bradwell’s Massimo Lagioia, taking a knock in the process. With 10 minutes left a long throw from Amersham was headed out to the edge of the box where, Naroyanin unleashed a stinging volley that hit the back of the net before the goalkeeper could move.

The bus no5A from Bradwell Road at 4.55pm got me back to CMK in just over 10 minutes.

I watched Tring v Harefield.....Rubbish as I predicted from Dazzas new charges!!! Bellend belis has inserted himself as assistant as well ...Watch out dazza....Hes straight in your grave! Watch this space hahaWell done the Green army though at kingsbury!!

Fair win for berko today was a good game but yet again referee's at this standard are poor

todays ref did like the sound of his whistle a bit and wouldnt let the game flow, was a good game though as you say, could have gone either way.

FOOTY STAR FROM WHAT PLANET DID YOU WATCH THIS GAME ?

Bellend Bellis as you call him wasnt there saturday !!! cheesy%20(2).gif he was watching SPURS YOU TWAT !

as for the game we gave Tring at least 2 goals but hands up no match for Tring for most of the game. Onwards to CHALFONT on tuesday.

FOOTY STAR FROM WHAT PLANET DID YOU WATCH THIS GAME ?

Bellend Bellis as you call him wasnt there saturday !!! cheesy%20(2).gif he was watching SPURS YOU TWAT !

as for the game we gave Tring at least 2 goals but hands up no match for Tring for most of the game. Onwards to CHALFONT on tuesday.

Good luck for that one!

Division Two

0 2 Mursley United v Padbury United

A belated report on this routine win from Padbury United's website:

http://www.padburyunitedfc.com/