Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Grounds Going?

Have read the grapevine news surrounding the possible loss of grounds for 3 SSMFL Premier sides next season.

Kentish Town - possibly losing the Copthall to Saracens? (Does anone really know what Saracens are doing next season, whether they are moving out of Vicarage Road at all??)

What are the rumours circulating that Kingsbury Town might have to leave Silver Jubilee Park and Haringey Borough out of Coles Park Stadium?

Can anyone shed some (serious) light on these possible loss of grounds? (This is serious for non-league football if 3 clubs disappear!)

CBT.

They could all ground share at Viking Sports so as to stop Rhodes and his Tik Tok mob from re-surfacing

Serious replies please. Keep this clean if it's concerning the future of a club's existence.

saracens are definately out of the vic - looking to make copthall 10000 seater stadium their new home.

They could all ground share at Viking Sports so as to stop Rhodes and his Tik Tok mob from re-surfacing

Ref Off Ref - So this is a serious post then with the future of beleaguered Club's existence at heart

Ref Off Ref - You get ten out of ten for trying to be funny and I think your heart is probably in the right place but this isn't the appropriate thread, the very future of two SSML Club's, namely Kentish Town and Kingsbury Tigers, is at stake. At least Haringey Borough have the safety net of being able to move to the nearby White Hart Lane Community Sports Centre if they are forced to vacate Coles Park however, you can appreciate their reluctance to do so as they will not be able to call the tune as they do in no uncertain terms now and will have to share the facility with a number of other Club's, groups and organisations.

I've not heard of anyting re Kingsbury LT but as they a charity funded sports club and football is just one arm I doubt they would fold, Chances are they would maybe move out of Kingsbury towards somewhere nearer their base in Marylebone, perhaps?

I could be wrong, though but if the club move out of Silver Jubille Park, does that signal the end for the council owned ground? Would be a strange decison to knock it down, as its in a quiet location in a very big park and I don't think the council will need the extra land.

Would love to see Hendon move there and bring the ground up to Ryman Prem standard, it's only 10 minutes from Claremont Rd and a far better location for many Hendon fans than Wembley's Vale Farm.

I have no idea what kind of argreement they have with Wembley FC, it could be they are tied up long term at Vale Farm.

Edited by Tiger Man

Gavin - Apparently Kingsbury have applied to play at the Viking Sports Ground in Greenford next season which is a turn up for the books, I can't quite see how they will get Step 5 acceptance there but there must be method in their madness, as you say they have financial backing and money talks and opens doors these days doesn't it. How are you keeping by the way.

Gavin - Apparently Kingsbury have applied to play at the Viking Sports Ground in Greenford next season which is a turn up for the books, I can't quite see how they will get Step 5 acceptance there but there must be method in their madness, as you say they have financial backing and money talks and opens doors these days doesn't it. How are you keeping by the way.

I'm ok Rhodes, how about yourself? are you still involved with any club? (guess this should be in a PM sorry) anyway, does sound odd about Kingsbury LT but to be frank they have little to no support so I don't see how any move can really help them, and why to Greenford???

Perhaps the council have put their rent up, London Tigers are run out of an office in Marylebone so why would they move to Greenford, Kingsbury is hardly close to their base but closer than Greenford.

I don't watch them anymore, but good luck to them

Edited by Tiger Man

Gavin - They'll be telling us to get a room so I guess we had better PM but it's nice to see you back in the fold, the Forum isn't the same as it used to be is it when the likes of Football Man, LATO, Spidermanor, Manorborn, HTFCew, Horace and Paula all posted regularly, I wonder what happened to Paula. Do you still get over to watch Millwall, I see that Leeds visit the New Den on 9 April.

Gavin - They'll be telling us to get a room so I guess we had better PM but it's nice to see you back in the fold, the Forum isn't the same as it used to be is it when the likes of Football Man, LATO, Spidermanor, Manorborn, HTFCew, Horace and Paula all posted regularly, I wonder what happened to Paula. Do you still get over to watch Millwall, I see that Leeds visit the New Den on 9 April.

Yes I go to a few games, I went to the recent match against Cardiff which ended 3-3 and I'm going to the game against Leeds.

Where do you watch football these days?

Where do you watch football these days?

In his front room Gav, he's either banned or has a hate mob waiting for him at most grounds in the SSMFL!!

Welcome at the Bury though Rhodesy, why not come and watch us against Kentish tomorrow... no barriers at St Margarets station so you can bunk the train!

Gavin - I heard on the grapevine that Kingsbury London Tigers have secured the Viking Sports Ground for next season however I can't quite see how they will be able to bring it up to Step 5 standard in such a short space of time, perhaps they are content to drop a division but it still seems to be a big mystery, of Poirot proportions, as to why they are leaving Silver Jubilee Park

Gavin - I heard on the grapevine that Kingsbury London Tigers have secured the Viking Sports Ground for next season however I can't quite see how they will be able to bring it up to Step 5 standard in such a short space of time, perhaps they are content to drop a division but it still seems to be a big mystery, of Poirot proportions, as to why they are leaving Silver Jubilee Park

You must find it a real mystery why clubs don't come on here to explain to you what they are planning or seeking to do! KLT conduct their business through the proper channels not on this joke of a forum!

Sympathy for KLT. As for Kentish Town - Pub side mentality - Played more ringers than St. Pauls Cathedral - Finished adrift at foot of Premier Division after ten points deduction - Should have been kicked into touch years ago by the SMML. Still - "What goes round - comes round".

o the north' timestamp='1301869164' post='1717554']

Finished adrift at foot of Premier Division after ten points deduction

That's still a sore point at Chalk Lane isn't it and understandably so

o the north' timestamp='1301869164' post='1717554']

Finished adrift at foot of Premier Division after ten points deduction

That's still a sore point at Chalk Lane isn't it and understandably so

why that rhodes

Taken from Cockfosters website with the permission of Cockfosters FC

Latest News

Wednesday 17th June 2009

A Statement from the chairman

Having become totally frustrated by the position we find ourselves in with regard to the proposed League constitution for the coming season, I set out the 'Open Letter' that I have sent to every Club in the League and to all S.S.M.L. committee members.

"Having seen the proposed structure for the S.S.M.L. for the coming season, I find it incredible that the League have swallowed the F.A dictat that Kentish Town will be allowed to continue to play at Copthall Stadium, claiming it as their ?home ground? and by so doing protecting their grading status. If the League were to check they will find that Kentish Town played only a handful of home games at Copthall all of last season. The fact that they were deducted eleven points through playing inelligable players seems to have been irrelevant. Had they been deducted 111 points the scenario remains the same ? They are bottom of the league ? do not have a creditable home base and are employing the tactics of a Sunday morning pub side. Should the same situation arise next year ? ie. Kentish Town finish bottom ? adopt the same ?mis-leading team sheets? tactics, of which the continuing Secretary must have been aware, as he submitted the team sheets - continue ?playing? at Copthall , then I feel for the designated ?relegated? clubs. It would appear that as long as you have kept in line with the jobsworths at the F.A. then crack on.

It?s about time someone cried HALT! to all of the ridiculous pressures that are being heaped on our clubs. Who knows what added demands the F.A. will expect in the future; but as sure as night follows day, they will surely arrive. Do the officers of the S.S.M.L. really believe that by their submissive response to the blazored brigade at the F.A,. that hordes of spectators will suddenly be descending on Chalk Lane or any other ground. No, far from it ? it has to be ego based and that they are protecting their own blazer and tie. In these times of financial difficulty I defy anyone to make a case why clubs at our level should fork out thousands of pounds that we don?t have, in order to satisfy the wish list of a load of jobsworths at Soho Square. I totally accept that grounds should be safe and comfortable places to go, but do we really need to be geared up in case Manchester United come knocking when we get that dream cup draw? These people are not protecting the grass roots levels ? they are destroying it.

One day in the not too distant future, the FA?s bubble will burst with a mighty pop. Try this for a scenario? Imagine a country is facing its biggest recession for decades. Times are indeed hard, weekends for those fortunate enough to still be in work are no longer spent on the terraces at Old Trafford or The Emirates ? that would be a frivolous waste of precious money?. But we STILL LOVE THE GAME so we head to our local recreation ground with a dozen or so others to watch our local team. OK, its not Ronaldo and Co. but it?s a bloody good contest with a group of committed people playing football and that?s where it all starts ? grass roots. The following week the gates are locked shut, the clubhouse boarded up but why?? Apparently the FA were expecting 200 adoring fans here next season who will demand covered seating - we tried to argue, but they knew better, as such the club and its 3 teams no longer exists.? Good job that will never happen eh? And if it did, I?m sure the good people at the FA would be the first to look up the chairman or secretary and ask for the addresses of every one of the 200 fans, so they could apologise in person for depriving them and their children, the players and everyone else involved with the club, of the game, their hopes and dreams because they obviously know best.

It?s true that we at Cockfosters are victims of this mindset and indeed are feeling aggrieved, relegated after finishing above the relegation places really hurts. But if it takes someone with some balls to stand up and be counted, then I will be at the front of that particular queue.

To the best of my knowledge, only Holmer Green, from day one, have refused to play the F.A ?Jump ? How high?? game. What really would have happened if we had all stood shoulder to shoulder and said enough is enough. How is having an empty 200 seater stand improving standards when twenty-two club treasurers dread the arrival of the bank statement each month? Admittedly, we at Cockfosters, would have fallen in line had we not been victims of local planning bureaucracy. It?s often said, that things happen for a reason and who knows what the future holds. At the moment there?s no sign of a Roman Abramovich walking up our drive and there is a definite shortage of money trees in the Cockfosters area ? but at least our Treasurer gets a decent nights sleep.

The officers of the S.S.M.L will protest that their hands are tied by the F.A. but if they really cared for the future of the game at our level, then I suggest a glance in the mirror would give them an opportunity to reflect the real picture and review their own conscience. Since when has common sense ever tied anyone?s hands?

Hey ? is that the coffee I can smell?"

Colin Bell.

Chairman ? Cockfosters F.C.

Dave - This is why