Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre-Season Friendlies

Just wanted to get people's opinion or thoughts on arranging pre-season friendlies for the 2011/12 season..

When do most clubs start arranging them? Has anyone started yet?

I am keen to start the process asap but reckon some people might be keen to let me know that we aren't even in April yet!

You bored with this season already?

ha ha - not really but in all fairness we are unlikely to get relegated and probably wont make Europe either - all about preparing for next season for the last 10 or so games and pre-season too..hence the post.

I always started to plan around this time of the year to see if we could pick up a couple of bigger games for pre-season. It would all work out well, then go tits up when the league season started ! : - (

PSF 101 - Never play teams that might steal your players!

Very true NF but on the flip side we always have to play two "bigger" teams at home to bring some dough in..catch 22 situation.

• 2 months later...

Chinola - So have your meticulous preparations gone according to plan

Chinola - So have your meticulous preparations gone according to plan

I hope so Rhodes - we have a lot of matches lined up which should allow us to give everyone minutes whilst working out our strongest team. We have teams at all levels too which is something I strived for, including a nice Ryman Div 1 South team away from home and a match away against a team who got to the last 16 of the Vase.

At home we have local derbies against Ware and Enfield which should cover the cost of all the refs/pitches we have to lay out for whilst playing away.

I hope if you come over again to Hertingfordbury again this season, you bring better weather than you did against Langford at the start of last season!