Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

have finished well adrift in a relegation position in Div 1 again I see with a meagre 22 points from 38 games so far this season.

Will they actually get relegated this year or will their floodlights save them yet again? If so it makes a mockery of the pyramid system and for all those clubs working to field competitive football teams at the level below.

I agree to a point but there are teams who haven't had the facilities and stayed in that div in recent years Kings Kangley blagged it and played a season with no lights in div 1! Also over the years teams have been paying players and not improving facilities while other sides have been jumping through the hoops so to speak and spending money getting grounds up to spec rather than on players. But I would say with two teams looking to come up two sides will prob come down. Frankly what the league told us we need to improve....which we are, which is costing a fair bit I know the majority if sides in div 1 font have and I wonder if those teams will be made to do it. A few years back cockfisters chairman made a great statement on ground improvements, worth reading if it's still about.

I think the crying shame is that clubs like yourselves at Winslow go out and have a cracking season, obviously the aim was top 2 but even if you get pipped for that your facilities out gun that of Totternhoe, no disrespect to them.

My point is you spend a whole season doing what the whole thing is about, not money, not facilities, but winning games and reaching a point where you think you've cracked it, only for it all to come down to a meeting at some point to decide your fate, what's the point of a season of hard work if then told the goalposts are being moved and it's only say a one up, one down.

It shows a total disrespect from the so called people in charge for a seasons hard graft, training twice a week, playing in sub zero temperatures, and for what, a damn vote.

You boys at Winslow whether you come 2nd or 3rd deserve a chance to go up for your efforts, not to be told last minute ou just missed out on a split decision, but better luck next time...too much politics, 2 up, 2 down, let the football be the deciding factor.

Hope it happens for you guys, really do.

The destiny of who finishes runners up in Division 2 is a real end of season classic, and guess it's fitting that Padbury's last 2 games are against both Totternhoe and yourselves, Winslow.

As Champions we want to go out in style and after yesterdays performance confidence is as it should be..guess we play a part but we'll have no preference, to both teams all we can say is Craig will be going out to win both games, who the fortunate side is only time will tell

I agree to a point but there are teams who haven't had the facilities and stayed in that div in recent years Kings Kangley blagged it and played a season with no lights in div 1! Also over the years teams have been paying players and not improving facilities while other sides have been jumping through the hoops so to speak and spending money getting grounds up to spec rather than on players. But I would say with two teams looking to come up two sides will prob come down. Frankly what the league told us we need to improve....which we are, which is costing a fair bit I know the majority if sides in div 1 font have and I wonder if those teams will be made to do it. A few years back cockfisters chairman made a great statement on ground improvements, worth reading if it's still about.

I hope you are right. I know what you are saying about the need for good facilities but that can create a bit of an artificial bottleneck at the level below. I am pretty sure if we were talking about just football related issues the top 6 or 7 clubs in Div 2 would avoid relegation from Div 1 reasonably comfortably. It is not right that a perenially poorly run FOOTBALL club should be artificially propped up all the time. Where is the incentive for them to sort themselves out?

RoR best coue of posts on here i've read in an age. And as for game against us we wouldn't expect anything else.....but make sure you batter Totternhoe. We've only ourselves to blame for some inexplicably poor performances against some poor sides regardless of injuries etc... We just couldn't show the consistency you guys achieved. Doog

preaching to converted pal. Personally I think we should regionalise divisions below Prem which might help

I hope that Amersham Town don't get relegated this season. Even though the club finished in the bottom two, the introduction of Chris Miller to Spratleys Meadow has got the club heading into the right direction in using local players.

I hope that Amersham Town don't get relegated this season. Even though the club finished in the bottom two, the introduction of Chris Miller to Spratleys Meadow has got the club heading into the right direction in using local players.

Chris Miller resigned 2 months ago.......cheesy%20(2).gif

You have my sincerest apologies.

Amersham have had quite a few managers this year in a bid for SSML Premier Division football and I guess at my age I can't keep up with all these managerial change.

I actually meant Paul Gray, the man who has single handedly turned the Magpies around (with the help of Chris Martin) in an attempt of promotion to the holy grail that is the SSML Premier Division. If Amersham are reprieved and are allowed to continue playing in the SSML Division One (an honour that their facilities truly deserve) I have a strong feeling the Gray-Martin dream team will take Amersham back to the place where they belong, the prestigous SSML Prem for the first time since the glory days in the 1990's.

I believe Amersham can finish in the top 2 next season if they are reprieved if they show the same form they have shown under Gray in matches against Ampthill Town, New Bradwell SP and Stony Stratford Town.

If the worst comes to worst and Amersham are relegated to the Second Division of the SSML, I think the board will have a tough time trying to persuade Martin and Gray to stay at the club as rumour has it that a few Ryman league clubs are interested in their services.

Amersham have had quite a few managers this year in a bid for SSML Premier Division football and I guess at my age I can't keep up with all these managerial change.

I actually meant Paul Gray, the man who has single handedly turned the Magpies around (with the help of Chris Martin) in an attempt of promotion to the holy grail that is the SSML Premier Division. If Amersham are reprieved and are allowed to continue playing in the SSML Division One (an honour that their facilities truly deserve) I have a strong feeling the Gray-Martin dream team will take Amersham back to the place where they belong, the prestigous SSML Prem for the first time since the glory days in the 1990's.

I believe Amersham can finish in the top 2 next season if they are reprieved if they show the same form they have shown under Gray in matches against Ampthill Town, New Bradwell SP and Stony Stratford Town.

If the worst comes to worst and Amersham are relegated to the Second Division of the SSML, I think the board will have a tough time trying to persuade Martin and Gray to stay at the club as rumour has it that a few Ryman league clubs are interested in their services.

Ha ha - that is probably the funniest thing i have read in ages.

Now I know you are taking the p1ss... ;-)yay.gif

Ha ha - that is probably the funniest thing i have read in ages.

Now I know you are taking the p1ss... ;-)yay.gif

I can assure you, my friend, I am not taking the p1ss!

May I ask for your opinions on the Gray-Miller reveloution?

Why do you hold these negative feelings towards Chris Martin? What he accomplished with Amersham Town Reserves last season was truly remarkable, bringing the first silverware to the club in years.

As for "Mr. Gray", all I have for him is respect.

These two are the next Brian Clough and Peter Taylor of the footballing world.

Please expand on why you hate Amersham Town?

Edited by BoingBoing

Why do you hold these negative feelings towards Chris Martin? What he accomplished with Amersham Town Reserves last season was truly remarkable, bringing the first silverware to the club in years.

As for "Mr. Gray", all I have for him is respect.

These two are the next Brian Clough and Peter Taylor of the footballing world.

Please expand on why you hate Amersham Town?

Lol - that's right - it's never easy in the Chesham Sunday League Division 2... excited.gif

Have Amersham finished in bottom two, when you take into account sporting benfica's withdrawall? I may be wrong, and only an onlooker from afar, but thought there was still one team below them at the moment. If it stays that way, they in effect finish 3rd bottom due to benfica.

Grandad - That's a good point and also only Padbury United will be promoted from Division 2 so I'm sure Amersham Town will be as safe as houses